Roasted Potatoes*

Have I told y’all about my groupie obesession love of Jamie Oliver? Cause I have some serious, hard core love for him (even the husband knows and says it’s ok). The man can do no wrong in my eyes. I first fell in love with him when he was The Naked Chef…even though I was always thoroughly disappointed when I would tune into his show and he was fully dressed. And then he had his show Jamie At Home…which is by far one of my favorite cooking shows, EVER. And now they are playing it daily on The Cooking Channel! I love how almost everything he cooks in Jamie At Home comes from that beautiful, lush garden. And besides his good looks, I love the way he talks. What can I say? I am a sucker for an accent! Every time he says Basil (Baaa-sil) or Oregano (Or-AA-gano), I can’t help but fall deeper in groupie love. Anyways, recently I saw this recipe and when I saw these beautiful potatoes in the grocery store, I knew I had to give this recipe a shot! I loved it! Truly loved it! Jamie’s dishes are always perfectly seasoned and centered on showing off the fresh produce…and this recipe is a perfect example of that.

Roasted Potatoes

1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved (or quarter for the larger ones)
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large stock pot, bring water and a dash of salt (enough to cover the potatoes) to a boil. Once boiling, add potatoes and boil for 8 minutes. Then drain potatoes in a colander and allow to dry (about 5 minutes). While the potatoes are still in the colander, toss them around a bit to ensure you got all the water out and to as Jamie says "fluff them up a bit".

Then combine potatoes, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a roasting pan. Make sure the potatoes are well mixed in the seasonings and that the potatoes are spread out in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees for about 35-45 minutes. Check them mid way through and stir them up a bit. You will know they are done once the edges are perfectly browned and crisp! Serve immediately!

Adapted from: Jamie Oliver

24 Responses to “Roasted Potatoes”

delicieux — September 9, 2010 @ 12:28 am

Mmmmm these look SO good. I LOVE LOVE LOVE potatoes. I think it’s the Irish in me, but I could never get sick of them and there is nothing better than roasted potatoes.

The Nifty Foodie — September 9, 2010 @ 7:23 am

OMG those look simple and delicious! Now, to find fingerling potatoes…

Ammie — September 9, 2010 @ 7:51 am

I love the way he says oregano too! And I have to agree, his dishes are wonderful!

Megan — September 9, 2010 @ 10:06 am

I love roasted potatoes! This recipe looks simply delicious! :)

TheKitchenWitch — September 9, 2010 @ 10:10 am

Potatoes and rosemary just have an affinity for each other, don’t they? I love that combination.

Joanne — September 9, 2010 @ 10:37 am

I have some groupie love for Jamie as well. Especially after his food revolution. I love a man with goals. Especially when they’re so altruistic.

Potatoes and rosemary and just glorious. They scream comfort food to me. And fall. Both of which I love.

Shawnda — September 9, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

I too was disappointed in the ‘naked’ factor at first :) The potatoes look great! I’ve never boiled them before baking, will have give that a try.

and flowers pick themselves — September 9, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

roasted potatoes are a staple in my life. so delicious!

xo Alison

girlichef — September 9, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

potatoes, rosemary, garlic…one of the best combos evah!!! And yeah, totally love Jamie, too. Gorgeous pic =)

wooliegirl — September 9, 2010 @ 8:14 pm

I am in love with your blog!!! (and Jamie Oliver too). Wonderful recipes, I just don’t know which one to start with…but thinking a cupcake :)

Kerstin — September 9, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

There’s really nothing more comforting than roasted potatoes! And these are so pretty with the purple ones you used – perfect for a dinner party!

Stella — September 10, 2010 @ 7:28 am

Hey Jessica, I like Jamie too. I must admit that I’m always glad his clothes are on him though (smile). Either way, these potatoes look wonderful. A perfect side dish for the coming cool weather…

Eliana — September 10, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

I hate the my cable provider doesn’t show The Cooking Channel cuz I love me some Jaime too.

Gorgeous taters – especially love the different varieties you used.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — September 10, 2010 @ 1:51 pm

Oh my goodness, the color of those potatoes is just magnificent! I have to scour my farmers markets in search of something unique like those. Thanks so much for sharing these, Jessica! They look perfectly plump and crisp, and I’m sure they’ll be the staple side dish of a lot of fall dishes!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com — September 10, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

FANTASTIC!!!!! im a spud addict for sure <3

Debby — September 11, 2010 @ 1:54 am

I like the fact that there are different sort of potatoes , very inspiring !

Mama_B — September 11, 2010 @ 3:13 pm

Thanks for the inspiration. I just bought some fingerling and larger purple potatoes from a farm stand this morning. I’m doing my own spin on these by preheating the dish and oil (mixed with bacon fat) in the oven first, and then tumbling in the par-boiled potatoes, which I mixed with smashed garlic and fresh thyme. And a generous pinch of fresh black pepper and Kosher salt, of course. Should be the perfect compliment to the fresh green beans from the farm stand and the strip steaks that are sitting covered in salt in preparation for the grill!

Jen_from_NJ — September 12, 2010 @ 8:15 am

I love Jamie Oliver! Your roasted potatoes look perfect!

SuziCate — September 15, 2010 @ 8:17 am

I make this a lot, and it’s wonderful. There is something very special about rosemary with potatoes,and rosemary with squash for that matter. Maybe, I just love rosemary!

Emily Z — September 15, 2010 @ 10:42 am

Sorry to bombard you with comments today, but I love the fact that you have a category “Ass Friendly”. That is awesome. I have a feeling that you and I will get along well now that we have met each other in the totally awesome blogging world!

Small Plates : Thanksgiving Potatoes | Love and Homemade Recipes — November 15, 2010 @ 11:04 am

[…] The Novice Chef – Roasted Potatoes […]

cheap ran bans — May 31, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

Have always liked blogger articles, have a period of time did not come, see blogger and deliver new articles, continue to support bloggers

Susan — April 5, 2013 @ 7:20 pm

I found fingerling potatoes in my small town grocery store of all places. I think too many people asked for them so the grocer brought them in. I’m roasting them for the first time for supper.

Roasted Potatoes | theconsistentcook — June 23, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

[…] Roasted Potatoes: http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2010/09/roasted-potatoes/ […]