Turkey, Brie, and Apple Panini*

Guilt is a powerful thing. For me I face this guilt regularly when I sign into Facebook. For some reason, random people I have not spoken to in over 5 years want to be my friend on Facebook. Some are ok, some…not so much. Like the creepy guy from high school who always tried to sit behind me and would “accidentally” bump into me and touch my boob? He tried to friend request me the other day. And I don’t know why, but I actually felt bad denying him. In my head I kept thinking, maybe he has grown up and is reaching out to apologize for being so creepy. But I smartly hit deny…because more than likely he just wants to be my friend to check out my boobs some more. But I can’t help it, I was raised Catholic, and we always feel guilty for everything.

This past weekend I have been feeling guilty about all the Turkey I had left over. I made Turkey Cups and I also used the carcass for stock, but I still had a good deal of Turkey left over and no idea what to do with it. Then I remembered a sandwich I had about a year ago in Texas at a little cafe down in Galveston…and knew I had to have it! Turkey, Brie, and Apple? It sounds strange…but the combo is really delicious! It is an awesome way to use up that last bit of Turkey.

Print Save

Turkey, Brie, and Apple Panini

Yield: 1 serving

2 slices marble rye bread
4 thin slices Green Apple
2-3 thick slices cooked Turkey
2 oz Brie, sliced
a small handful of Arugula
Cranberry or Apple Butter, to taste

Heat panini maker, or a nonstick pan over medium heat.

Layer the apple, turkey, brie, and arugula on top of one slice of rye bread. Evenly spread the cranberry sauce or apple butter on other slice of bread and place on top.

Place sandwich into your panini maker and toast until your liking.

A Novice Chef Blog Original

15 Responses to “Turkey, Brie, and Apple Panini”

Imwaytoobusy — November 29, 2010 @ 12:05 am

I loved your Facebook commentary. I have so been there! Great sandwich photo, you make it look so decadent. I am always a sucker for a good turkey and apple panini.

Miryam — November 29, 2010 @ 12:25 am

I have never had that combo before but yesterday I tried smoked salmon with apples in a dill sauce and the combination was superb so I am sure the turkey and apples in this sandwich was nice as well.

I just need to get me a panini maker. Maybe I should added to my wish list for Christmas :-).

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — November 29, 2010 @ 8:36 am

I love making anything with cheese and apples- such a great sweet/savory combo!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 29, 2010 @ 11:51 am

Great idea! I love any sweet ‘n savory combo!

Paula — November 29, 2010 @ 12:09 pm

My husband and I love paninis. This turkey and apple combination looks delicious.

Becky — November 29, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

And a Shiner beer to go with your Texas inspired sandwich. Perfection : )

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — November 29, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

What an awesome and delicious idea for turkey leftovers! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Jess. Thanks for sharing this!

Josie — November 29, 2010 @ 1:40 pm

My favorite lunch place here has a seasonal special called
    “The Gobbler” that is really similar to this, but also has cranberry sauce. So so yummy!

Anna Johnston — November 29, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

Now that sounds like an awesome sandwich, love the addition of apple. I hear what your saying about Facebook!!! :)

Sharlene — November 30, 2010 @ 3:13 pm

Sounds like a delicious combination to me!

ErinsFoodFiles — December 1, 2010 @ 10:31 am

Listen to me. DENY!!

And not sure if you noticed but Facebook actually changed the wording. Now instead of “ignore” or “deny” it says “Not now”. LOL

PS. You know that guy probably stalks you and reads your blog. So he saw what you said. LOL

Apple Recipe Round-Up — October 11, 2011 @ 3:03 am

[...] Turkey, Brie, and Apple Panini from The Novice Chef [...]

Biz — October 11, 2011 @ 11:55 am

OMG, there are so many high school people I am friends with on facebook that I just wish I never friend accepted – they were creepy then and are creepy now!

I love, love, love, the idea of this sandwich – I am a sucker for sweet and savory combos. :D

Deanna Sammons — November 26, 2011 @ 4:43 pm