Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats*

I love Rice Krispie Treats. However, they give Jorge the heebie jeebies. I wish I were kidding. When we first got together he would have to leave the room when I would eat them! He has gotten much better, but you will never see him eat or touch one. And I still see him shudder slightly when he hears me bite into one.

Back Story: As you have probably guessed from his name, Jorge is Spanish…Puerto Rican to be exact. He first came to Florida at 4 years old and he spoke zero English. His Mom dropped him off at a daycare so she could go to work…and poor little Jorge was the weird foreign kid in class that didn’t speak English. So snack time rolls around and the teacher rushes up to Jorge and swiftly unwraps and reveals a towering stack of Rice Krispie Treats. Apparently, this was the final straw after a full day of not understanding anything anyone says and being pointed and laughed at…because he jumped up screaming and ran from the room. He says he hid behind the air conditioning vent, behind the day care building, for 30 minutes before the teacher found him.

So while I may have to eat these in a room all by myself, they are one of my all time favorite desserts. I still remember making them with my grandmother and getting to lick the bowl. So recently when I spotted the idea of putting them on a stick and dipping them in chocolate…I was all over it. But to make them even a little more over the top, I used Fruity Pebbles instead of regular Rice Krispies. These would be great for a kids birthday party or for just you. :-)

Print Save

Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats

Yield: about 18, depending on the size you cut the rectangles

Recipe Note: You can also do this with Captain Crunch!!

You will need:
4 tablespoons butter
10 oz marshmallows
6 cups Fruity Pebbles
popsicle sticks
white chocolate, for dipping

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.

Add cereal and mix well. Pour contents into baking dish and spread evenly. When cooled, cut into rectangles and insert popsicle stick.

Heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at half power in 30 second intervals, until fully melted. Dip top into white chocolate and sprinkle with extra fruity pebbles if you wish!

Will keep for 3 days in an air tight container.

Inspired by: Balancing Motherhood

79 Responses to “Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats”

Mandy - The Complete Cook Book — March 21, 2011 @ 4:38 am

Those are the prettiest Rice Krispie treats I have ever seen! :-) Mandy

Happy When Not Hungry — March 21, 2011 @ 5:33 am

These look so cute! I love how you made them on sticks and then dipped them in white chocolate. Yum!!!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 21, 2011 @ 5:36 am

These are adorable! I can’t imagine not liking rice crispy treats.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — March 21, 2011 @ 8:01 am

LOVE that you dipped it- so pretty!

Michelle — March 21, 2011 @ 8:17 am

I think rice krispie treats have become the yummy treat of choice lately. I just posted a cake batter version that I’ve made twice in the last 2 weeks. My kids LOVE them, and I have to say they are hard for me to resist too. But now you’ve gone and used my favorite childhood cereal! Eek. I would eat them all by myself! I love the idea of putting them on a stick too. What fun!

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — March 21, 2011 @ 8:20 am

Those are so cute! My husband hates marshmallows, so he doesn’t like rice krispy treats either. Sad…

• Jessica replied: — March 21st, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

Crazy boys!

Alicia — March 21, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Glad to have been the inspiration for these treats. Love you you made them so skinny and with the colored crispies. Very cute!

DessertForTwo — March 21, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Awww, Jorge is a Saint for letting you tell stories about him :)

These are adorable on a stick! They should sell these at the state fairs!

• Jessica replied: — March 21st, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

He doesn’t have a choice! :-P

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — March 21, 2011 @ 10:56 am

SO cute! And even though I love rice krispie treats, I have to say, I love fruity pebbles a ton more! :)

notyet100 — March 21, 2011 @ 10:59 am

wow,..i am mesmerised,..

Shannon — March 21, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Too Cute!! These would be perfect for my daughter’s 2nd birthday coming up!!

peabody — March 21, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

Those looks super fun!

Jorge Segarra — March 21, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

In my defense it wasn’t the treat that freaked me out, so much as the situation. For years just seeing those things gave me the heebie jeebies. Luckily, Jessica is about as awesome as they come and has helped build a bridge to get over it. I actually ate one of these and it was quite tasty!

melissa — March 21, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

Oh my, those look delish! I think you’ve just added another line to my to-do list for this weekend’s fiesta themed bash – Rice Krispy Treat favors! If I can find the time, it’s happening!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — March 21, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

Love the back story and love that Jorge added a comment in his defense. :) These are adorable and must be so fun to chomp on!

Joanne — March 21, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

You know, so…if you need someone to share these with…I could totally be on a plane ASAP. I have no aversion to such items of beauty.

• Jessica replied: — March 21st, 2011 @ 10:42 pm

I have a couple left…. ;-)

Tori (@eat-tori) — March 21, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

They are so precious! Am absolutely bookmarking for the next kids birthday party I have to go to. Thank you!

LauraAshley — March 21, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

OMG !!!! i love them !!! great job Jess and the bow, what a great idea! i am making your chicken enchiladas tonight in a big batch so i can freeze them !!! Oh how i miss ur cooking !! Lately i am too tired to cook and mess up the kichen for just myself :-( i love you and miss you both ;,,- ( (tear tear)

• Jessica replied: — March 21st, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

Mmm love those enchiladas! They are soooo gooood! All I have been craving lately is that Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread that we love! But I keep fighting off the urge to make them. Miss you too! :-)

Leah (So, How's It Taste?) — March 21, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

How cute are these?! I love this idea. When I would stay with my grandmother, she would wake me up with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Such great memories.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — March 21, 2011 @ 2:49 pm

I love the idea of turning these into pops! So much fun and so pretty. There’s just not enough Fruiti Pebbles going on in the world right now.

Lisa (Dishes of Mrs. Fish) — March 21, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

I made Krispie treats with Captain Crunch cereal a few weeks ago and my husband devoured the whole pan. I made fun krispie treats for my students when they reach their reading goals. Ironically, I bought Fruity Pebbles to make Fruity Pebbles Krispie treats this week! After seeing this post, I can’t wait to make them!

Anna Johnston — March 22, 2011 @ 12:52 am

They are adorable, so pretty and cute too. How amusing, your poor fella, touching cornflour has the same effect on me…. shudder….
    Im thinking some of these tasty little pretties for my bro’s engagement party. Thanks for the brilliant idea. :)

Crys Manson — March 22, 2011 @ 8:14 am

These are amazing! They look pretty and I LOVE Fruity Pebbles! I must must must make these.

tinytearoom — March 23, 2011 @ 3:15 am

these are so cute. I love the heebie jeebies tory. it made me laugh.

Bourbonnatrix — March 24, 2011 @ 8:22 am

I love the shape you cut them in! Must remember that for next time! I too have made them with Captain Crunch. Delicious!

ErinsFoodFiles — March 25, 2011 @ 9:50 am

Awwww! What a cute story!!! These look delicious!

CaSaundra — March 29, 2011 @ 8:45 am

I love finding new ways to make Rice Krispies. The Fruity Pebble variation sounds fabulous!!

Erin — May 3, 2011 @ 3:02 pm

I generally hate things on sticks but these are all kinds of pastel-adorable.

Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats « I’m going to Burning Man. — May 4, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

[...] Recipe at The Novice Chef. [...]

Megha — June 5, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

I saw these on “the kitchn” and cannot wait to make them! I too am a novice chef who is always looking out for fun things to make. Keep doing what you’re doing! :)

Ashley — July 6, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

Made these for my sister who is obsessed with kid cereals and she said they were the best thing she ever had :)

Shaleen — August 6, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

Made these last week for my daughters birthday and they were a HUGE hit with all the kids and even most of the Moms!

Fisher Boy Food — September 28, 2011 @ 11:42 am

Rice Krispie treats are delicious, but these Fruity Pebble treats sound phenomenal! This is a fabulous recipe for kids, especially if they are up for sticky marshmallow covered fingers! Dipping it in chocolate just makes these treats that much more tasty for adults as well.

Suse — October 6, 2011 @ 11:29 am

I could eat cereal by the boat load…and when I made these…swoon! Seriously amazing! And super cute!!

Natalie — November 14, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Made these last week and they were a hit! Thanks so much and I was sure to link back to you! http://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/2011/11/fruity-pebbles-krsipies.html

Alaina — November 20, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Just found your blog & LOVE IT! I’m a huge fan of rice krispy treats as well [and am excited to make this version] but though I’d share one that I give as presents for Christmas. I make them the same, except instead of cooling in a pan I roll them into balls. To prevent the balls from sticking to my hands and making a complete mess I use just a little bit of flour then roll the balls in sugar – they look like snowballs and are delicious!

• Jessica replied: — November 22nd, 2011 @ 11:44 am

That sounds awesome Alaina! I am going to try it out next month when my niece comes to visit!! :-D

Jacey — November 28, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

I LOVE CEREAL! Seriously, anything with cereal is amazing! Can’t wait to try these!

The Novice Chef » Fruity Pebble Macarons — November 28, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

[...] or Frosted Shredded Wheat. I don’t care if it’s with milk, dry, on top of yogurt, or rolled up in marshmallows…I LOVE CEREAL. So it shouldn’t be a big surprise that I have found another way to use [...]

Jalee — January 7, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

These are adorable!! Going to make these as party favors for my guests at my baby shower. The colors go perfectly with her nursery, too. Love them!!

Leanne — March 2, 2012 @ 11:38 pm

These are a well loved kids party treat in Australia! And have been for many decades. Along with chocolate crackles (not sure what they are called in other countries) which are also made with Rice Bubbles (we call them rice bubbles here)

Im making them this way – with the popsicle sticks – for my sons Dinosaur 5th birthday party. After dipping in the chocolate I am coating them with dinosaur shaped sprinkles.

Thank you for the great idea.

WIN – WrestleMania Party Kit — March 14, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

[...] ·         Fruity Pebbles Cereal with John Cena on the box (Perfect for making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats with your kids – Recipe Here) [...]

WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Party Kit Giveaway « cathy herard — March 15, 2012 @ 9:26 pm

[...] Fruity Pebbles Cereal -with John Cena on the box (Perfect for making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats with your kids – Recipe here [...]

It’s WrestleMania Time! Will you Bring It? — March 16, 2012 @ 9:01 am

[...] Fruity Pebbles Cereal with John Cena on the box (Perfect for making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats with your kids – Recipe Here) [...]

EmilY — March 19, 2012 @ 7:25 am

Is that a 10oz “bag” of marshmallow’s? Can’t wait to try these as party favors for my daughters bday!

• Jessica replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

Yup a 10 oz bag! :)

Kim Bee — March 26, 2012 @ 10:08 pm

Um, okay, I officially love you!

Cynthia Brennemann — March 29, 2012 @ 1:29 pm

I have never liked rice krispies treats. Not a huge marshmallow fan unless they are homemade marshmallows, made with marsh mallow mucilage. BUT…have you ever tried scotcheroos? It’s a rice krispies treat sort of thing made with peanut butter. Some folks use corn syrup, but we use a light honey instead. Then we melt butterscotch chips and chocolate chips together and top them. With or without the topping, they are awesome.

Jacqueline Harris — April 1, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

I think you can always make the kids happy with these treats, grown ups too.

Aprils Dish List « outdoorchirp — April 2, 2012 @ 10:27 am

[...] Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats Like this:LikeBe the first to like this post. from → April, Dish List ← The Great Hunt No comments yet [...]

Aileen — April 14, 2012 @ 12:52 am

Where did u get the white chocolate cream from?? Im having the hardest time finding it in the store. I did make it w/o the chocolate tho, pretty tasty:-)

• Jessica replied: — April 16th, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

You can find white chocolate at any grocery store. They have the bars of chocolate or the chips. You can also use the white Almond Bark if you would like!

Kristin — April 18, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

love pinterest for leading me to fabulous people like you! These are stupid cute :) My kids are cupcaked out and the addition of the stick make these the most perfect class birthday treat ever! Thanks so much!

Christina — May 4, 2012 @ 11:29 am

So cute! Am making these for our church rummage sale/bake sale which is a fundraiser for the kiddo’s mission trip this summer! Figured these would appeal to the children drug there by their bargain hunting moms, etc. ;-)

abb — June 4, 2012 @ 9:37 am

How many do these make?

mindy — June 10, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

Would it work or taste good if you used cocoa pebbles instead of fruity pebbles?

• Jessica replied: — June 13th, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

I’m sure it would work! Just taste like chocolate instead! :)

Fun Rice Krispie Treat Ideas — July 7, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

[...] (Link) 2. (Link) 3. (Link) 4. (Link) 5. [...]

Dee @ Sprinkle Some Sunshine — September 11, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

Hi, where do you get your cute flat wooden sticks? They are extra cute! Can’t wait to make these! :)

• Jessica replied: — September 12th, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

They were from Michaels!

listas barcelona — November 23, 2012 @ 1:31 am

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Sulis — December 18, 2012 @ 6:01 pm

How about using TRIX cereal? Will it work?

• Jessica replied: — December 19th, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

You could definitely try it! The texture and size of Trix is different, so you might need more/less of the marshmallow & butter mixture. But the idea can stay the same!

http://tinyurl.com/supelewin43312 — February 2, 2013 @ 1:00 am

I really have a tendency to agree with pretty much everything that has been written
    inside “The Novice Chef

15 Delicious Easter Snacks - Five in Ohio — March 18, 2013 @ 9:59 am

[...] 11. Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats [...]

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik — July 18, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

So adorable! Can’t wait to make these :)
    p.s. ‘baking dish’ has an extra letter in it when you typed it in your directions above ;). Thought you’d like to know.
    Have a great day!

• Jessica replied: — July 18th, 2013 @ 5:22 pm

Thanks for letting me know Sarah!

Magic Rainbow Krispie Pops | MISS CANDIQUIK — July 29, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

[...] Adapted from The Novice Chef [...]

Delicious Recipes for Rice Krispie Treats - MotivaNova - MotivaNova — November 23, 2013 @ 4:20 am

[…] Full recipe at thenovicechefblog.com  […]

Patty Kotow ( PattycakeBakeacake ) — December 18, 2013 @ 10:32 am

I want to make these for the grand-kids at Christmas and want to make them up about a week ahead. Is it possible to freeze them for about a week or would I have to make them up a couple of days ahead of time. I am rushed for time and am trying to get my baking done up and put in the freezer for a couple of reasons, one; so that I have everything ready and two; so that the cookie monsters don’t eat them ;) Thanks for posting the recipe I’m always looking for new and easy ideas that are eye pleasing and yummy.
    Patty

Alicia — February 4, 2014 @ 12:52 pm

Those look so cute. I love the pastel colors.

The Top 20 Easter Ideas and Recipes on Pinterest » Dining At My Desk — April 4, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

[…] Fruity Pebbles Easter Pops from The Novice […]

Christine — May 29, 2014 @ 3:52 am

Made these today for my son’s last day of school tomorrow. They look at taste great! Thank you!