LoverBean (Adoption)*

UPDATE

Bean now lives with us full time. I didn’t have the heart to dump him at the shelter.

We now have 4 cats and 1 dog. Anyone want to donate some farm land??

_____________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 6/21/2011

Back to square one. Since I last posted this I have taken him into the vet. He is 4 years old, neutered, and we now have him up to date on all his shots.

He found a home for a short while, but was returned because of allergies…so he is still here…looking for a good home. Anybody out there?

—————————————————————————————————————

Meet LoverBean. I met him last night as I was taking Brody out for his last walk around 11pm. We had a crazy storm blow through last night and it didn’t stop pouring until really late.  As Brody and I were dodging puddles trying to make it to the grass, this little guy came running over to us. He was soaked, scared, and wanted me to pick him up. So, being me and not being able to ever ignore an animal in need, I immediately scooped him up.

He has been with us for 12 hours so far and this is what I can tell you. I am 98% sure he is a boy. He is the most loving cat I have ever met, thus his current nickname of LoverBean. He didn’t hiss or even try to run from Brody (our dog) and when I carried him out to the porch (where he is staying) he didn’t even hiss at my 3 cats despite them hissing at him. He is an inside cat and has hated being on the porch. He walks to the glass crying to get in about every 10 minutes. He is well behaved and uses the litter box like a pro.

I can also tell you, that someone at sometime loved him before they abandoned him. He wants to be loved, sit in your lap, lay at your feet, or be close to you in any way he can. He is also pretty skinny and you can feel his ribcage too easily, so I am currently trying to fatten him up on all the food and treats he wants. He has been on his own for a while and must not have been very good at fending for himself.

He is solid black, adorable, and sweet as can be. And he needs a home, a forever home. Someone who will love him and never do this to him again. He would be a perfect fit for a family with other animals or kids…or I am sure he would love to be the only one getting attention if you are single and looking for a buddy.

Why am I not keeping him for myself? I already have 1 dog and 3 cats…which is 2 animals over my lease’s limit. Otherwise I would keep him in a heartbeat…Jorge is already worried I might not want to give him away. :-) All of mine are rescues and let me just say, rescues make the best pets.

I am willing to drive to Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, and of course Jacksonville area (where I live) to bring him to you. I want to find him a forever home, I do not want to have to take him to a shelter. So please, send this link of this blog post to anyone you know in the area who would consider adopting a kitty who really needs a good home.

FYI: I am not sure if he neutered or not. (Just like I am not positive if he is a boy lol). It is very hard to tell on cats and I have never been the greatest at it. But I want to tell you, please do not let the cost of neutering/spaying deter you from adopting. There are places all over that do it for very cheap. In Tampa the Animal Coalition of Tampa will spay/neuter your cat for only $40.  Here in Jacksonville, the Clay Humane Society ($67/$57) and First Coast No More Homeless Pets ($40) will both also spay/neuter for cheap as well.  If you do not live in either of these areas, I would be happy to help find a place near you that does these services for reasonable prices as well.

17 Responses to “LoverBean (Adoption)”

Jennifer — June 14, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

Oh I wish we weren’t allergic to cats!! He looks adorable! If we had him here though, Chris and I would be sneezing and sniffling and our eyes would be puffy all the time. Good luck in finding him a home!

Kelly — June 14, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

Aw, wish I lived closer! My Diva Kitty hates cats, but for some reason tolerates black kitties, especially boys. I’m sure you’ll find a wonderful home for him! So thankful you have such a kind heart with animals and were there to help him out!

Kitten with a Whisk — June 14, 2011 @ 1:32 pm

I live in the Tampa area and while I can’t take him in (having already taken in two cats and two dogs) I will share this on my Facebook feed for you. Both my cats were strays that “adopted us” and they are such great pets.

Samarie — June 14, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

OMG! Here we go again… I’m guessing you are going to have a new cat in your house for a while. LOL Love you!

Beth Anne — June 14, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

If you find a home in the New Orleans area we will be happy to either help defray the cost of bringing LoverBean to his new home or come get him ourselves. We can’t adopt him, we have 3 already, but we want to help him however we can!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean — June 14, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

omg…adorable. hope he finds a home soon. i’m at my limit with 2 cats and 2 dogs :(

Angie (Telly's Tasty Tidbits) — June 14, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

Ah, I want him – so adorable! Too bad I’m way too far away and my kitties, who are identical to him, don’t play well with others. Plus, with a baby only days away probably not a wise decision. I hope you find a good home for him soon!!

Kelly — June 14, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

Awww. How adorable. Hopefully this little guy will have a happy ending! I’m assuming that you also checked to make sure that he isn’t lost and someone isn’t looking for him. Do they microchip cats like they do with dogs? Just curious. Back on St. Paddy’s day I found a random dog in the park when walking my dog and was very lucky that we were able to reunite him with his owner. (someone in the dog park took my # and somehow found his owner.) Hope there is a happy ending for this guy.

Erin — June 14, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

What a cutie pie! I hope he finds wonderful home!

Tom — June 15, 2011 @ 6:05 am

He/she is so cute! I would also suggest bringing the kitty to your local Humane Society. Since it doesn’t have a collar and seems to be an indoor cat, it’s possible he/she got let out by mistake and is lost. They do microchip cats (our cat is microchipped) so before sending it hours away to be adopted, if a local family is missing their kitty, I’m sure they would love it if you check in with the Humane Society first. You can also check out Petfinder.com to see if anyone has posted about a missing cat like this one in your area.

branny — June 15, 2011 @ 9:06 am

He looks lovely. Make sure you check him for a microchip at a veterinary office and post FOUND listings on craigslist!

Kristin — June 15, 2011 @ 10:07 am

Found this through theknot.com and posted it to my twitter which is linked to facebook. I know tons of kitty lovers in Central Florida so hopefully we can find this special guy a great new home! I agree make sure you check for a microchip and post a lost and found just to see if any old owners claim him.

Paula at Dishing The Divine — June 15, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

I have a cat that looks *just* like him! At first I gasped because I thought you had somehow found my cat. Of course, I live in CA and my cat is right here…. good luck!

Michelle — June 19, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Our first cat was a stray too, and we HAD to bring him home with us after he followed my two-year-old around for 3 days. : ) He was also a real sweetheart. Hope you can find him a good home!

The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time — June 21, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I’m in NC so I can’t do anything, unfortunately. He looks like a dollbaby though. I will share this with my facebook friends since several of them live down that way. Good luck and give him/her a hug from me!

The Novice Chef » Let’s catch up! (plus things to do in Nashville) — October 10, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

[...] have no idea how I left without adopting another kitten! I’m sure the hotel would have been ok with having a little furry guest. You must stop [...]

The Novice Chef » Donald — February 23, 2012 @ 1:21 am

[...] groceries. Another ran in my front door when I was getting a package from a delivery man…and the last one I carried inside because he was starving and soaking wet from the rain. This means we have 4 cats [...]