Disney Cupcake Crawl*

Last weekend I was invited by the lovely Suzanne of KoKo Cooks to take on the Disney Cupcake Crawl Challenge. She also brought along her adorable son Tyler and husband Joey…and two other wonderful bloggers, Jaclyn of Food Plus Words and Julie of The Little Kitchen. Before we get to the actual cupcakes, I really want to thank Suzanne for inviting us and getting us all into Disney! It was such a fun day and I would never get to do something like this normally. A day filled with cupcakes…it was awesome. :-D

Our first stop was the BoardWalk Bakery. The BoardWalk is an area with lots of shops, restaurants, and hotels. It is a really fun area to stay in if you ever get the chance to go. You can catch a bus or a boat to go to the parks.

The BoardWalk Bakery had 3 cupcakes. Oreo Bonbon Cupcake (the cupcake with the two Oreos to look like Mickey), Smores’ Cupcake, and an Orange Cream Cupcake. We were all very surprised by how moist the Oreo Bonbon Cupcake was and the filling was delicious. The Smores’ Cupcake had a chocolate cake as it’s base and was a little on the dry side, but the topping was fabulous. And lastly, the Orange Cream Cupcake was delicious. It reminded me of a Creamsicle in cupcake form. Even Julie who doesn’t like any orange flavored desserts was a fan!

Next up we headed over to the Starring Rolls Cafe in the Hollywood Studios Park where we ordered 4 more cupcakes! We had a Marble Cupcake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake, Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake, and a Butterfinger Cupcake. We will start with the bad. The Marble Cupcake. I LOVE Marble cake, as y’all know, and I was pretty disappointed in Disney’s marble cake. It was dry and not what I was hoping for. However, the other 3 cupcakes were awesome. The Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake was probably my favorite cupcake of the whole day. It was perfect. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake was stuffed with an amazingly rich, fudge-like peanut butter filling that was pure heaven. I wish they just sold the filling! And The Butterfinger Cupcake was delicious and exactly what you would imagine. And I can not wait to try making my own Butterfinger Cupcakes at home since Jenny at Picky Palate has made a copycat cupcake already!

Next on the Cupcake Crawl was the Kusafiri Bakery in Animal Kingdom. This stop had 3 more cupcakes. The Zebra Cupcake, White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake, and the Cotton Top Tamarin Cupcake. The Zebra Cupcake had yellow cake with buttercream frosting and was topped with the fun chocolate shavings. The cake on this one was cooked perfectly and the chocolate shavings on top made it really fun. The White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake had rich chocolate cake filled with chocolate cream and topped with a light buttercream and toasted coconut. The toasted coconut on top really was delicious and added a lot to the cupcake. With out the coconut, I think it would have been a little bland. And lastly, we had the Cotton Top Tamarin Cupcake which had chocolate cake with buttercream and dark chocolate. Honestly, besides the ornate lion chocolate on top…it was a pretty dull cupcake.

Annnddd now I should be telling you about 2 more cupcakes from 2 other places. But did you see the size of those cupcakes? They were baked in the giant muffin tins and where honestly huge. I am a cupcake-aholic…but I think if we went on and did the last two cupcakes I would have gone into a Cupcake Blackout.

So we missed the Carrot Cake Cupcake at the Roaring Fork (in the Wilderness Lodge) and the Vanilla Caramel Cupcake at the Karamell┬áK├╝che bakery (in Epcot). But while we may have technically failed, I still think we won the Cupcake Crawl Challenge. Mainly because I don’t think there are any losers when Cupcakes are involved. :-D

24 Responses to “Disney Cupcake Crawl”

Katsukhan — July 15, 2011 @ 12:29 am

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake sounds absolutely amazing! Great pics too btw.

ErinsFoodFiles — July 15, 2011 @ 1:33 am

HO.LY.COW. That’s a LOT of cupcakes! Looks like you had a lot of fun, and got to hang out with so many great bloggers!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups — July 15, 2011 @ 7:17 am

Cupcakes AND Disney?! Sounds like heaven! You could do so many food crawls at Disney–I love just eating my way around.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 15, 2011 @ 8:21 am

Wow, that sounds like an amazing day! Love all the photos!!

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — July 15, 2011 @ 8:41 am

Wow….I’m still jealous! Disney + cupcakes + hanging out with super cool food bloggers? Awesome!

brandi — July 15, 2011 @ 8:58 am

seriously – that looks like SO much fun!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time :)

Mrs. Fish — July 15, 2011 @ 9:36 am

What a fun day, all those cupcakes were gorgeous, such works of art!

Jessica — July 15, 2011 @ 9:53 am

I’m with Amy… jealous! Sounds like such a fun day! As my dad used to say about fishing, even a bad day at the cupcake challenge is better than a good day at work, right?

Emily — July 15, 2011 @ 10:10 am

What a fantastic idea! I must try this on my next trip to Disney… every time I go I regret not taking full advantage of the food (always too busy on the rides!). The s’mores ones look delicious..! Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing.

Paula — July 15, 2011 @ 11:06 am

I’m too chicken to go on most of the rides but I sure would take in a cupcake crawl! You all look like you had a *sweet* time :)

serena @bigapplenosh — July 15, 2011 @ 11:08 am

Oh, how fun! :)

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 15, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

Wow, talk about cupcake overload!! I really think I would have had to pig out on veggies and fruit for the next four days had I done tried all of those. Looks like a wonderful time though! Yum!

Angie — July 15, 2011 @ 2:57 pm

Love this! I hope you enjoyed all the sweet treats!

Katie — July 15, 2011 @ 5:29 pm

Oh…my…gosh! That sounds like a wonderful day…cupcakes galore! I love the ones from Animal Kingdom – the zebra and elephant ones are gorgeous!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — July 15, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

Wow! I am seriously drooling on my keyboard right now just looking at those cupcakes!

Maris(In Good Taste) — July 15, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

Holy cow! You are so lucky! What an amazing fun day with such special and fun bloggers!

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — July 15, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

What a fun day. Some of those cupcakes look AMAZING! I did a Boston cupcake crawl once and it was a lot of fun too!

Marsha @ The Harried Cook — July 17, 2011 @ 5:30 am

What an absolutely fun day! I love all the cupcakes… They look amazing! I’m so jealous of your cupcake crawl! Great post :)

kokocooks — July 18, 2011 @ 8:29 am

What great pictures! I’m still working on my cupcake crawl post- adding in the places we missed. And thanks for adding so many pictures of Tyler!

jaclyn — July 18, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

hooray cupcake crawl! i had such a great time with all of you wonderful ladies, and i’m so glad we were able to do such a fun event! as usual, it was SO great seeing you, and i hope we can get together again soon, complain about how hot it is outside, and not understand anything about star wars together! :)

Danielle @ The Growing Foodie — July 19, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

WOW, all of those cupcakes looked incredible–my mouth was watering looking through your great pictures. Sounds like an awesome day!

JulieD — July 19, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

It was so fun and I loved spending time with all of you lovely ladies. I hear we may do it again. I’m game!

Kerstin — July 23, 2011 @ 2:54 pm

I’m so jealous – I love Disney and cupcakes – sounds like the perfect day!

Beth — August 24, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

That sounds like so much fun!! I love living near Disney..I want to go to Epcot and do an international dessert tour :)