Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Pies*

And no, for once, I do not meant that as a euphemism. I’m serious! How do you eat your Oreos?

Do you dunk yours in a glass full of milk? Or perhaps you twist it and then eat the filling first? Do you eat them crushed up over ice cream? Or do you just shove the whole thing in your mouth at once like a sugar crazed chipmunk? Honestly I don’t think any of those Oreo eating ways fit you. No, I think you sit on the couch, in workout shorts and your husbands oversized work shirt because you don’t own any actual matching pj’s, and dip them in a giant jar of peanut butter.

Oh wait, maybe that’s me, not you.

If that’s not you, you are missing out. Seriously. I do not remember who introduced me too it, but an Oreo dipped in a jar of peanut butter is like magic. Pure, sugared up magic. So last week when I saw that Jenny, over at Picky Palate, came up with this genius idea of wrapping Oreos and peanut butter in pie crust…I just about promised her my first born.

But I don’t think Jorge would have been to thrilled with me. He tends to think future children will be more important than baked goods. I don’t agree at all. You can see who has their priorities straight (me people, me!). So we settled the argument by going to the store immediately to buy some double stuffed Oreos…which really is a win-win situation for everyone. I loved how easy these were to put together. While the lattice tops take a few minutes, the rest is a snap. And the result is delicious! I will warn you, eat these while they are hot. Once they go cold they tended to be a little dry because of the pie crust. But if you wanted to serve these for guests, you could easily prep them ahead of time and then once assembled place in the fridge until you are ready to bake. Easy, fast, and delicious. What more could you want?

Print Save

Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Pies

Yield: 8 Mini Pies

Two refrigerated 9 inch pie crusts
16 Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies
1 cup Peanut Butter & Co "The Bee's Knees" (peanut butter mixed with honey)
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8 muffin cups with Baker's Joy (or an equivalent like Pam).

Unroll pie crusts and cut out eight 4-inch rounds using a large biscuit cutter. Press into prepared muffin pan.

Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter over each Oreo then stack 2 cookies on top of each other. Place 2 stacked cookies into center of each pie crust. With the remaining pie crust, cut out circles to fit the top of the pies. Using your fingers, press along edges of each mini pie to seal. Cut 3 diagonal lines across the top with a sharp knife. Or check out Picky Palate for step by step photos for an adorable lattice top for these mini pies.

Brush melted butter over the tops and then sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, you know...until you can handle the heat, then remove from pan and serve immediately with a glass of milk!

Adapted from Picky Palate

25 Responses to “Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Pies”

Katrina — July 20, 2011 @ 1:41 am

These look freaking amazing! OMG.

Nubby Tongue — July 20, 2011 @ 4:12 am

These are at least seven kinds of evil. Delicious, wonderfully evil, that is.

My method for oreo eating: Twist, taking care to get nearly all the filling onto one side of the oreo. Eat the side with no filling. Then dip the remaining open-faced side (with a more desirable filling-to-cookie ratio) into a glass of milk and enjoy. If the milk is nice and cold the filling gets semi-solid and the cookie turns butter soft. NOM!

Maris(In Good Taste) — July 20, 2011 @ 5:11 am

I gotta agree with freakin amazing!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 20, 2011 @ 6:47 am

Oreos and peanut butter is truly an amazing combo. I tend to prefer my oreos crushed into ice cream or really any dessert. On occasion, though, an oreo dipped in milk is perfect. Your pictures are fabulous!

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook — July 20, 2011 @ 7:56 am

Just like Lauren at Keep It Sweet, I prefer my oreos crushed and mixed into soft vanilla ice cream (or just about any dessert!).

Or if I just want Oreo’s, I’ll twist off the tops and make my own double or triple stuffed Oreos. :)

serena @bigapplenosh — July 20, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Genius!!

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — July 20, 2011 @ 7:59 am

I love oreos and peanut butter. These caught my eye last week and yours look amazing too!

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups — July 20, 2011 @ 8:58 am

These look too good to be Oreos! Honestly, I usually just shove them in mouth one after another before I know what happened. Milk is usually an afterthought.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 20, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Oh my goodness…I have never had an Oreo dipped in peanut butter. It may be my demise. I’ll be adding both of those to today’s shopping list.
    Sometimes I’m into the twist and lick, other times it has to be dunked in milk. There’s got to be a personality test somewhere on the web that interprets one’s method of Oreo eating. Searching….
    I found it!! I figured it had to be out there somewhere. Our tax dollars were probably spent to fund this thing.
    Here’s the link: http://www.joygreetings.com/oreo.htm

Shannon O'Connell — July 20, 2011 @ 9:31 am

HOLY CRAP!!!

(that is all)

brandi — July 20, 2011 @ 10:05 am

I saw these, too – so cute!

This is how I normally eat my oreos:

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 20, 2011 @ 11:12 am

I love oreos… they have to be double stuffed. Fun idea and very cute :)

Joanne — July 20, 2011 @ 12:36 pm

I typically have a whole system for eating my oreos. One cookie first, then the cream, then the second cookie. And I get pretty upset if the cream isn’t all nice and perfectly attached to one cookie end. I have issues.

However, my issues do not preclude me from loving this idea. You can officially have my firstborn. Perhaps that will make up for the fact that you’ve given yours to Jenny?

Alan Cooke — July 20, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

OK, death by Oreo’s for sure! Couldn’t help fanticizing about Nutella instead of Peanut Butter, though. :-)

Kelly — July 20, 2011 @ 1:27 pm

What kind of evil genius is this?!! I can’t stand it. My pants size didn’t need to know about these!

Katie — July 20, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

WOW…those look phenomenal! But considering I have to be in a two piece swimsuit in 2 weeks, this is just evil! I will be eating these in approximately 2 weeks, 1 day, and 10 hrs!

Leah | So, How's It Taste? — July 20, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

How stinkin’ cute are these?!! I must make these soon. I’ve never had oreo and peanut butter but the combo in a cute little pie sounds fabulous!

Jenna — July 20, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

Do you have to make these with the honey peanut butter or can you do it with just regular peanut butter?

• Jessica replied: — July 21st, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

You can make these with any kind of Peanut Butter you choose. :-)

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — July 20, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

The Bee’s Knees from PB&Co is my fave!!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli — September 15, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

I LOVE dipping my Oreos in peanut butter! I’ve been eating them that way since I first saw it on the remake of The Parent Trap…yeah the one with Lindsay Lohan before she became a crackhead! Hmm, could this be the new gateway drug?? ;)

cheryl — September 27, 2012 @ 8:17 pm

I want to make these for a wedding on a saturday how long in advance can I make these and they will still be fresh?

Annie — January 16, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

are you aware an Etsy seller has stolen your ideas and images for their shop?

• Jessica replied: — January 16th, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know Annie! I will be contacting Etsy immediately.

mini peanut butter oreo pies | TnyBits — March 12, 2013 @ 10:03 pm

[...] mini peanut butter oreo pies [...]