Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve*

Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve. 2 ingredients. Bananas and Peanut Butter.

I was shocked, probably as shocked as you will be! And you will doubt it and forget about it. Until, like me, you have 4 bananas that are wayyyy past their prime. And your hips can’t afford for you to make the Banana Dream Cake. So you will cave and try out this Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve even though you are convinced it will be a giant flop.

But I was wrong! That’s right Jorge! I said it! I WAS WRONG! You can totally make gluten free, vegan, ass friendly ice cream with only Bananas and Peanut Butter. I will never again throw away over ripe bananas! I am in love and I hope you will give it a chance!

Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve

Recipe Note: If you do the method without an ice cream maker, you may need a tablespoon or two of milk to get the correct texture.

4 over ripe bananas (you can use ripe bananas but it will not be as sweet)
2 tablespoons peanut butter

If you have an ice cream maker:
Toss bananas and peanut butter in food processor or blender. Puree. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately if you would like it as soft serve, or freeze for a harder, classic ice cream texture.

If you do not have an ice cream maker:
Slice bananas and freeze until completely frozen. Place bananas and peanut butter in a super powerful food processor or blender. And blend/puree until completely smooth. Serve immediately if you would like it as soft serve, or freeze for a harder, classic ice cream texture.

Adapted from The Kitchn as seen on Two Peas and Their Pod

Pin It!

27 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve”

Marsha @ The Harried Cook — August 9, 2011 @ 2:56 am

That first picture is just gorgeous! I love soft serve ice cream, but I’ve never made it at home… Peanut butter & banana? I LOVE this recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

Marsha @ The Harried Cook — August 9, 2011 @ 2:56 am

That photograph is just gorgeous! I love soft serve ice cream, but I’ve never made it at home… Peanut butter & banana? I LOVE this recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups — August 9, 2011 @ 6:38 am

So easy! Love it! What a great way to use ripe bananas.

Katrina — August 9, 2011 @ 6:59 am

I’ve made banana soft serve a few times, but have never added PB. Silly me. This is why I have your blog to gawk at!

Bev Weidner — August 9, 2011 @ 8:22 am

gen.ius.

I have overripe nana’s staring at my face right now, so this is perfect!

Nicole Nesheim — August 9, 2011 @ 8:56 am

I love reading your blog and I cannot wait to make this! I’m trying to incorporate more ass friendly things into my life :)

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — August 9, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Beautiful picture, Jessica – so inviting!!

Becky — August 9, 2011 @ 10:18 am

1. This looks delicious and simple!
    2. The title of the blog post made me giggle : )

DessertForTwo — August 9, 2011 @ 10:42 am

I made 1-ingredient banana ice cream this weekend in the food processor and I’m a believer!! I had the Haagen Daas (sp?) all ready just in case, but it really works! Amazing!

Now, how in the world did you make that photo look so darn good?

Joanne — August 9, 2011 @ 11:26 am

Overripe bananas, we DEFINITELY have. My ass could kiss you right now. :P

Michelle — August 9, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

Ass friendly desserts and a beautiful spoon! I love it!

Eliana — August 9, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

I can see why this brought all the boys to the yard….it looks and sounds amazing!

Paula — August 9, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

I can’t speak for all the boys to the yard, but based on the AMAZING results I had with your banana dream cake, this may very well bring me to your yard for some of this. How YUMMY!! And guess who has some bananas past their prime sitting on the dining room table?? :-)

Emily@SoDomesticated — August 9, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

Love bananas, love peanut butter, love soft serve… it’s a win/win/win… triple score!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — August 10, 2011 @ 12:49 am

Yum I love this ice cream knock off. I made a version also with peanut butter, a little honey, chocolate chips and pecans. I was divine!

Paula — August 10, 2011 @ 10:18 am

Looks wonderful. Hope there’s some left for the girls too :)

Russell van Kraayenburg — August 10, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

I was going to read the fries post until I saw this lovely little gem of a title. I can’t tell you how often I try and work that reference into conversations.

Question: Why must you tempt me constantly with incredible, yummy-looking desserts? But seriously, only two ingredients? I’m not sure I believe this. I guess I’ll have to tried it. Luckily I’m staring at some past-their-prime bananas.

s’mores ice cream « bitemythumb — August 19, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

[…] been seeing a lot of banana soft serve/healthy banana ice cream type posts going around the blogosphere lately. I don’t know whether […]

Allison — August 22, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

This looks amazing! MUST MAKE THIS!! Thanks for sharing!

kathy — August 23, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

love this swirl of soft serve! Pretty pics too. hope u submit to http://www.FindingVegan.com !! ~kathy

Banana and Peanut Butter Soft Serve « Mom Makes… — September 4, 2011 @ 8:18 am

[…] Banana Soft Serve – adapted from The Novice Chef […]

QuantumSpook — September 13, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

This looks DELICIOUS! And by the way, where did you get amazing silverware like that?

All The Single Ladies « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices — September 26, 2011 @ 6:03 am

[…] And of course, one of the ‘top’ blogger foods out there- banana soft serve. (source) […]

Winnie — October 11, 2011 @ 7:38 am

Ass friendly! Best description ever for this pretty, healthy treat :)

Rachel — October 30, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

OMG fabulous recipe!!! I added a handful of chocolate chips in the blender and a splash of milk along with the pb and bananas. threw it in the ice cream maker and it is sooooooo good!!!!!

• Jessica replied: — November 1st, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

So glad you liked it Rachel!

I love the idea of adding Chocolate Chips to make it a bit more indulgent :-D

RavieNomNoms — July 24, 2012 @ 9:06 am

A friend guided me here to your blog and I am so glad she did because this look fantastic!!