September 1, 2011
Vacation Instagram Style
Can you guess where I was? No? Here are some hints:
- My jeans don’t fit and I can’t stop saying y’all.
- The state I was in has 4 seasons: almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas. It happened to be “still summer” when I was there, which meant 105 plus degrees every day. I am pretty sure even my hair was sweating.
- Men were wearing tight Wranglers and boots.
- I finally satisfied my craving for authentic Mexican food.
- Fixinto was used regularly and no one had to explain that we weren’t actually going to fix anything.
- We did our grocery shopping at HEB.
- And when I saw a horse drawn wagon going down the side of the freeway, I didn’t even blink.
I was in my home state of Texas!
My Granny & I
Abby (my cousin) & I circa 1991 -check out those dinosaur computers behind us!
Maggie (my aunt’s dog) after a swim in Galveston. –she is too cute not to share!
It was a wonderful, albeit short, trip. I got to visit my family, eat authentic Mexican food, and be reminded of all the things I miss about Texas. Then I flew back and spent a few extra days at my Mom’s house in Tampa.
View of the lake at my parent’s house. Photo taken on an iPhone (with no filters)!
Jorge & I together for the first time in 3 weeks!
And finally, after 3 weeks, Jorge and I reunited. He had been in Sacramento for work and I missed him dearly. 8 days away was fabulous, but sometimes being home is even better.