Vacation Instagram Style*

Can you guess where I was? No? Here are some hints:

• My jeans don’t fit and I can’t stop saying y’all.
  • The state I was in has 4 seasons: almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas. It happened to be “still summer” when I was there, which meant 105 plus degrees every day. I am pretty sure even my hair was sweating.
  • Men were wearing tight Wranglers and boots.
  • I finally satisfied my craving for authentic Mexican food.
  • Fixinto was used regularly and no one had to explain that we weren’t actually going to fix anything.
  • We did our grocery shopping at HEB.
  • And when I saw a horse drawn wagon going down the side of the freeway, I didn’t even blink.
I was in my home state of Texas!

My Granny & I

Abby (my cousin) & I circa 1991  -check out those dinosaur computers behind us!

Maggie (my aunt’s dog) after a swim in Galveston.  –she is too cute not to share!

It was a wonderful, albeit short, trip. I got to visit my family, eat authentic Mexican food, and be reminded of all the things I miss about Texas. Then I flew back and spent a few extra days at my Mom’s house in Tampa.

View of the lake at my parent’s house. Photo taken on an iPhone (with no filters)!

Jorge & I together for the first time in 3 weeks!

And finally, after 3 weeks, Jorge and I reunited. He had been in Sacramento for work and I missed him dearly. 8 days away was fabulous, but sometimes being home is even better.

10 Responses to “Vacation Instagram Style”

Apron Appeal — September 1, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

Check out the dinosaur computer?….check out that rockin’ side pony!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — September 1, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Love that you guys finally got to see each other after 3 weeks!!!!!

Paula — September 1, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Looks like *y’all* had a great time. All the pics are fun but that sunset one is lovely…and from your iPhone, very nice!

Hillary — September 1, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

“George Strait or God!”
    Oh goodness, that just got to me! You’re blog is sassy and scrumptious. keep up the nice work :)

Lauren @ Adventures in Flip Flops — September 1, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

Yep! You can take the girl out of Texas but you can’t take Texas out of the girl! Glad you enjoyed still summer; we’re ready for Christmas!

DessertForTwo — September 2, 2011 @ 11:35 am

Yeeeeee-hawwww! :)

Jessica — September 3, 2011 @ 12:10 am

Uh-HUMMM you forgot a major part of that trip! That is has been too long since you have seen me! And we finally got to catch up! See I told you I needed a photo to prove it! Does the leftover Pork Loin in my fridge say anything! LOL! PS my roomie loved the leftovers too!

The Novice Chef » Cranberry Cushaw Bread — October 26, 2011 @ 1:07 am

[...] was already a little nervous about what to wear to the airport. The last time my Mom and I flew to Texas, she wore a pair of jeans that had a couple of studs along the pockets. We were going through [...]

The Novice Chef » Texas Pecan Roca — December 19, 2011 @ 3:18 am

[...] I moved to Florida, from Texas, there were many things I noticed that were different. I instantly missed Mexican food. I was [...]

The Novice Chef » Pan Fried Plantains — January 13, 2012 @ 1:00 am

[...] up in Texas, I had never heard of a plantain — much less eaten one. Then 6 years ago, I moved to Florida [...]