Donuts make you feel better.*

I was working on taking some photos of these darling Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts, when I caught this view from behind my lens.

This is “Lil’ Bit” but we call her Mama. She is 12 years old, and I have officially had her longer than half of my life. I don’t remember what it’s like to not have her around.

Usually we fight over her investigating the food I am photographing. I tell her to stay down, she ignores me, and we battle.

But for the last 2 weeks, she hasn’t come to see what I am doing. She hasn’t wanted to cuddle. And she has had no interest in all the things she normally does. Instead, she has been sick. Really sick.

So sick, that I actually had to cancel a trip to visit my family in Texas to stay and take care of her.

So today when she came and stuck her furry little face in the middle of all the donuts, I knew…

The antibiotics have finally started to work and she is feeling like herself again.

So we celebrated, together, with Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts. I am so happy to have my friend back.

36 Responses to “Donuts make you feel better.”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 13, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Okay… trying not to cry here. Seriously. But I’m so happy for you and Mama. It’s always sad and stressful when your kids are sick (furry or not).

JulieD — December 13, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

She is so cute and I’m so glad she is feeling better. Can you send me some of those donuts? Pretty, pleaseeeeeeee

Bev Weidner — December 13, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Sweetest thing ever! I’d reach in and pet her except my face would fall off in a river of allergies.

Tina — December 13, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

Waahhhh, so cute! Your cat looks just like my kitties…who also love to help me cook/take pictures :)

Tessa — December 13, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

Mmmm lemon poppy seed donuts. I can’t believe she’s 12 years old – she’s beautiful!

Chung-Ah @ Damn Delicious — December 13, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

That is just too precious!!

nicole {sweet peony} — December 13, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

oh my gosh, i almost started crying. i have such a soft spot for animals & it makes me so happy to see that your baby is feeling better! she is a beautiful cat with amazing eyes! hope you both had fun eating those yummy looking donuts!

Erin — December 13, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

Yay! I’m so glad she’s back to her normal self. I have to battle with my cat for photos a lot too. And I can’t blame yours, those donuts looks awesome! I love lemon poppy seed anything.

Shawnda — December 13, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

Aw, I’m glad she’s starting to feel better!

Anne — December 13, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

What a sweet kitty. I am glad she is feeling better. Tell her Beethoven (who is 16) and Gizmo (1) send their love.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 13, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

these pics are the best EVER!!!!

love them!

and glad she’s feeling better. and making mini donuts…did that before we left for Aruba. They are a PITA dolloping out the batter in the little mold (i like the regular mold better) but they are worth it :)

Heather — December 13, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

Awwww… wonderful photos of your kitty.

Joanne — December 13, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

My dog got sick a few weeks ago and it was scary. Really scary. So I totally understand. We almost canceled Thanksgiving.

If I were her, those donuts would definitely nurse me back to health!

Laura — December 13, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

I’m so glad your kitty is doing better. Those donuts look delicious!

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — December 13, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

So glad she’s doing better!! I was so worried scrolling down the email!!

Katrina — December 13, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Hahaha what a cutie! So glad to hear she’s doing better :)

Cassie — December 13, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

This could not be any cuter. I have such a soft spot for cute kitties!

Sarah — December 13, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

yay! so happy for you and your fur kid!

Kieli Heart — December 13, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

Awww such sweet pictures! So glad you and your lil Mama are doing well! Great photos! Thanks for sharing this with us =) (Those donuts look amazing)

~ Kieli ~

Cooking Rookie — December 14, 2011 @ 12:40 am

Such cute photos! Glad to hear that she’s feeling better :-) Looks like these doughnuts are cure-all :-)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — December 14, 2011 @ 1:58 am

She is too cute! I am such a cat lady. :)

I’m glad she’s feeling better, and these donuts look delicious!

branny — December 14, 2011 @ 6:41 am

Yay mama!

Julie @ Table for Two — December 14, 2011 @ 7:56 am

awwww i love cats and i’m glad she’s feeling better. it’s one of the worst things when you have a pet sick. i don’t have the experience (yet) but i know from friends and family — it’s so rough. i can’t wait til i can get a cat of my own and get tips from you! :)

tiff — December 14, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Your kitty is so pretty! I love seeing kitty pictures on blogs!

Ace — December 14, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

Ohmigoodness! She is beautiful. She looks like the cat I had in college Mr. Larry Pickles, he lives with my parents now. What beautiful eyes she has! These donuts are right up my alley. I’ve been jonesin’ for a mini-donut pan forever and I think this just might have pushed me over the edge to buy one. love the blog b.t.dubs!
    xo
    ace

MandyLynn — December 14, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

Oh my gosh! She’s so pretty!!! I’m so glad she’s feeling better! My fiance & I have 2 cats & no kids – the kitties pretty much ARE our children! Our oldest is also 12 years old. The other day I noticed his eyes are starting to get cloudy & it made me really sad. I just can’t even imagine when that day comes, we will be absolutely devastated! SO SO glad that Mama is all better!!! <3

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook — December 14, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

What a sweet story, so glad your friend is feeling better. I’m allergic to cats so we’ve got a dog, a corgi/lab mutt (looks like a black lab but short and long) – she would not be as well controlled as Mama is when it comes to food. If she got up in front of our food photo shoot the pictures would be just a big black blur of fur as Luna chomped down on everything we made. :)

Stacey! — December 14, 2011 @ 3:16 pm

She’s so purrr-ty! Ha! My kitty is an old lady, too. Her name is Gadget, but we call her Red Face. She’s 18! Crazy. Lives at my mom and dad’s house, and I miss her like crazy. Kittehs are the best! I’m trying to convince my husband we need a kitty, but he’s convinced it won’t stick around on account of our two 2 year old 100+ lb black labs!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — December 14, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Aww, this brings tears to my eyes. She’s such a beauty!

Kelly — December 14, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

Oh yay! I’m so happy she’s feeling better!!!

Bridget — December 15, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

Aw…so cute! I have similarly colored cat who is about 11 years old. She isn’t slowing down at all, but even so, I’m finding myself appreciating her so much more, knowing that it isn’t for forever. Geez, I’m seriously all choked up now…

Katie — December 15, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

Aww – so glad to hear your furbaby is feeling better; it is never fun to have them be ill. Also – the fact that they don’t speak English and can’t tell you what is wrong with them kills me. Lucia got sick a few months back and it was breaking my heart to see her big eyes all sad and in pain…but I had no idea how to make her feel better (since the vet said it was just a virus and she had to just get through it…how terrible is that?).

P.S. those donuts look awesome.

Javelin Warrior — December 16, 2011 @ 11:36 am

I’m so sorry to hear your she’s been sick but I can’t help love the pics you’ve taken here – they’re SOOO adorable! I hope you don’t mind but I’m so inspired I’ve included this post in my Friday Food Fetish roundup.

ErinsFoodFiles — December 18, 2011 @ 11:01 pm

Yay for healthier kitty!

Jessica M. — December 20, 2011 @ 12:42 am

Aww so glad your Mama is doing better! She’s such a pretty girl with her big pretty green eyes! It sucks when your fur-baby is sick. I get scared every time my girl is sick…..or when we leave her for a day or so.

cute stuff — July 10, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

AWH, your cat is adorable, looks just like my kitty! :)