In case you missed the Christmas trees, or were passed out through Thanksgiving, I am here to announce that the Holiday Season of 2011 has officially begun! And it has brought holiday potlucks and white elephant exchanges with it! If you are like most of America, your wallet looks a lot like it did when you were 12. Empty, except a few stray dollars that you were planning to buy a new Lisa Frank notebook with. Oh and that old/deactivated credit card that your Mom gave you to play with…but according to the liquor store it expired in 1982. In other words, if you are like me, you aren’t going to be playing Oprah this Christmas. (and you get a car! and you get a car! and you get a car!)
It’s that lovely time of year when you have to buy your overly chatty coworker something for Christmas. Not because she was on top of your list, but because she bought you something…and you don’t want to feel like an asshat for not getting her something in return. Or worse, have her hold it over your head till next year. So this year, thanks to my handy dandy gift guide, you will be prepared! To save you and your wallet, I have pulled together a list of 6 of my favorite kitchen gifts for under $25 each!
But that’s not all, over the next couple of weeks, I will be giving away one of each of the items above to one of you! I will also be giving away a few awesome cookbooks (along with a copy of The Food Stylist’s Handbook) and one big ticket item that will remain a surprise! Since all of these giveaways will be sponsored by TNCB, they will not all be handed out on the blog. Some will be given away on facebook, some on twitter, and some here on the blog! Follow along on each to win!
1. Pink Salt Pig: Everyone needs a salt pig! It keeps your favorite salt nearby and fresh. Grabbing a pinch or two as you are cooking has never been easier. And to be perfectly honest, I put it on here because it’s ‘effing adorable. If you turn it around, it even has a pink curly tail! Salt shakers are so 2010. -find on amazon.com for $7.95 with free shipping
2. Best Ever Cupcake Icing Kit: I swear I didn’t make that name up. It’s the real name for this awesome 6 piece decorating kit. The tips are giant and make the perfect swirls of buttercream. It comes with 5 styles of tips and a 16 inch pastry bag made to fit the larger tips. It is the only way I will decorate my cupcakes! -find on bakeitpretty.com for $19.50 with free shipping
3. Misto: I have talked about my love for my Misto many, many times before. But for those who may have missed it, a Misto turns your pure Olive Oil into a spray (like Pam aerosol sprays). Anytime I find myself at the stove, I also find myself using my Misto. I never buy preservative/artificial Pam, or worry about goblets of olive oil on my salad, and it even comes in different colors now! -find on amazon.com for $9.99 with free shipping
4. Williams-Sonoma Gift Card: Because who doesn’t like to walk into Williams-Sonoma and know they get to spend someone elses money on that overly priced tea towel? You can buy a traditional card or instantly mail an e-gift card to an email. It’s perfect for those forgetful gifters! -find on williams-sonoma.com for your choice of amount
5. Bodum 8 Cup French Coffee Press: On a lazy Sunday morning, the only coffee that will do is a slow brewed, traditional cup of joe from your French Press. Sure I love my Keurig and it’s 2 minute coffee on Monday mornings…but nothing will beat that wonderful flavor you can get with just a little more seeping time. Plus, it’s one of the only things invented in the 80’s that is still cool today. -find on amazon.com for $24.99 with free shipping
6. Silpat: It’s a step up from the classic parchment paper in every way possible! It’s green: no more throwing away all that paper. It’s cheaper: a Silpat will never go bad, but you can only use that roll of parchment paper once. It’s easier: no more ripping the parchment paper while trying to get it to cut on those silly little metal teeth. -find on amazon.com for $19.99 with free shipping
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
And now, because I love you guys, I am giving away (1) $50 gift card to Williams-Sonoma!
This giveaway will run from 12am (PST) Friday, December 2nd 2011, until 11pm (PST) Sunday, December 4th 2011.
You have two ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment telling me your best dance move. Are you a good booty shaker? Can you do a mean two-step like my Daddy? Or are you the best dang hokey pokey-er that ever lived? I wanna know!
2. For a bonus entry, Leave a comment with a link to a photo of you and your favorite thing in your kitchen. You can upload a photo to flickr.com, photobucket.com, instagr.am, or anywhere else you can think of. Just make sure that both you AND your favorite item in your kitchen are in the photo! We all wanna see that pretty face of yours!
Twitter/Facebook: You do not need to twitter or facebook about this giveaway, unless you want too! But you should follow along for some upcoming giveaways that will only be featured there and will not be on the blog!
-This giveaway is being sponsored by The Novice Chef Blog and no one else. There will only be one winner of (1) $50 gift card to Williams-Sonoma.
-The judges for this giveaway will be me, Brody, and the 4 cats. The cats are prone to the chicken dance, but Brody tends to like the rump shaker.
-I will contact the prize winner by email and the prize must be claimed within 7 days or it will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
The winner of the Williams-Sonoma giftcard is Brianna!
Brianna — December 3, 2011 @ 5:37 am
I am most definitely the female version of Kevin James in the movie, “Hitch”!!