I am not a good multi-tasker when it comes to bacon. I can cook many things at the same time with no problems…but for some reason bacon screws me up. I can’t cook pancakes, eggs and bacon at the same time. It’s absolutely impossible for me not to burn everything while I am trying to focus on the bacon.
One of my problems is my fear of bacon grease. I know that sounds irrational, but that shiznit hurts when it pops your arms/face! And trust me, it’s not worth it to look like Rudolph just for a few pieces of bacon. So instead I cook my bacon in the oven! It cooks without any help from me, which leaves me free to flip pancakes, scramble eggs and not get burned by bacon grease.
Crispy bacon from the oven:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup!)
3. Place a cooling rack inside the pan (this way the bacon won’t sit in the grease — making it crispier).
4. Spray the cooling rack with nonstick spray and lay the bacon along the rack.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy!
And viola, crispy hands-off bacon!