The video where I smile a lot & talk really fast.*

Lauren Brennan and Jessica Segarra

Back in June I made a video with my favorite girl, Lauren of Lauren’s Latest and Jaden of Steamy Kitchen for Pork, Be Inspired and Costco.

Lauren and I talked about Fall dish ideas using pork chops that we thought sounded tasty (even though it was May and sooo not time for things like maple gravy or apple bacon hash…), she took the time and developed the recipe and I tested the recipe she developed — which is delicious, in case you were wondering. :)

Then we showed up in Seattle to shoot the video. I was expecting a webcam and someone to bring a tube of lipgloss (Hey! Don’t judge, that’s how bloggers do it!!). But instead they took us through hair and makeup, a course on talking on videos and showed us how the videos were going to work…with big professional cameras and cute sound guys.

And after that, everything they said went right out of my head. I smiled like a giant cheese ball the entire time and I couldn’t remember what went into the hash. We took it from my part with the hash about 344 bajillion times. I am SO much better at live television.

I also talked wayyyy too fast…which is nothing new…just ask my Dad who doesn’t hear half of what I say. On a normal day, I talk like a drunken valley girl on crack. Add in a camera and a bunch of ingredients I can’t keep straight and I sound like an auctioneer at the grocery store. But it’s all ok because who doesn’t like a fast talking, manic smiling woman? Right?!

All of these other lovely people also made videos featuring the amazing pork you can find at your local costco. To see their videos, check out Pork, Be Inspired’s youtube channel! Also, for the recipe Lauren and I are making in the video, visit her website: Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Maple Gravy & Apple Bacon Hash.

Now with no more ways to delay, here is the video where I smile a lot and talk really fast. Grab a bottle of wine and drink along. Then after you are done, try saying Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Maple Gravy & Apple Bacon Hash three times fast. I dare you.

25 Responses to “The video where I smile a lot & talk really fast.”

Jacey — October 4, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

You are so gorgeous! And this pork sounds divine!

Danie — October 4, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

You crack me up girl!

Love, another drunk valey girl talker. <3

Jessica of My Baking Heart — October 5, 2012 @ 12:36 am

Freaking adorable. Love that cheese, girlfriend! :)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — October 5, 2012 @ 12:52 am

Y’all look so gorgeous!! xoxo

Nessie — October 5, 2012 @ 5:23 am

At first I thought you were kidding… but my god, you are really talking fast… *lol* The porks looks really tasty.

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — October 5, 2012 @ 6:45 am

I’m so jealous of all you bloggers getting to hang out together! I barely know any other UK food bloggers :( think I need to come to the States!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 5, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Aww that’s so fun! I’m glad we’re finally able to see it. I remember you talking about this back when you did it.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — October 5, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

This was awesome!

By the way, I’m visiting my sister in LR, and last night she pulled out a printed recipe (avocado enchiladas) that we’re making tonight. I took a glance at it, and it’s you! I died. And then said I would tell you. And that we were friends. And that we wrestled chickens together in Florida once. And she left the room.

Miss you!

• Jessica replied: — October 8th, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

I loved seeing your instagrams this weekend! It looked like y’all had an awesome time visiting…and your niece is just too stinkin’ cute!

Hope the enchiladas worked out good. It’s funny the recipes that take over the interwebs/pinterest lol! ;)

Cassie — October 5, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

I love it, you guys are pros! And I’m drooling at this recipe!

Caroline — October 5, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

Love it!! I’m definitely going to try this!!

mom — October 7, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Y’all did great! Love it and actually you did talk slow…….for you anyway ;)
    Proud of you! Love you!

Tracey @cookingwithloveblog — October 7, 2012 @ 9:26 pm

You ladies look lovely! The video is great and you look stunning! :)

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — October 8, 2012 @ 12:40 am

Winner, and the faster you talk means we get to hear more of you..right? ;)

Morgan — October 8, 2012 @ 1:02 am

Where did you get your shirt? Very cute!

leslie — October 8, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Ohhhh, I think y’all did FABULOUS!

Krystal R {Mrs. Regueiro's Plate} — October 9, 2012 @ 1:23 am

ohhh girl, you look gorgeous and did fantastic!!! There is no way in heck I can say pan-seared pork chops with maple gravy and apple bacon hash three times fast!!!!!

Becky — October 9, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

That’s awesome! It’s cool getting to see AND hear you! Recipe sounds delicious btw :)

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — October 13, 2012 @ 12:52 am

How fun! You did great!

Bree — October 16, 2012 @ 10:26 am

I think you did great! I hate watching myself on tv too. I always think I am smiling like an eager beaver! ;)

Sandy @ RE — October 16, 2012 @ 11:37 am

This was such a fun day, and I loved getting to know you better! I just watched the bloopers – I’m just not cut out for TV. HA. But they are funny!

Cheers and have a great day! xo

ErinsFoodFiles — October 17, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

I don’t think you talked too fast! You talked like someone with experience talking on live tv! :)

Mary@SiftingFocus — October 17, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

You are just adorable! With a smile like yours it would be impossible to flash it too much. It’s always fun to be able to put a personality to a blogger’s photograph. My daughter, sister, and I, all started following you at the same time about a year ago. As a matter of fact, I think you and my daughter would really enjoy one another. Love your blog, photographs and recipes!

Katie from Katie's Cucina — October 19, 2012 @ 7:06 am

Awe don’t be so hard on yourself! You guys did great!

Photo Guy — August 13, 2013 @ 8:29 am

Great video, so professional and I love the chemistry between you and your collaborators, would love to see more like this!