Life is all about choices.
Cookies or Cake? Happy Endings or New Girl? Heels or Higher Heels? Hunger Games or Harry Potter?
My least favorite is: Drinks or Sweets. It should always be drinks AND sweets. But when some of my favorite cocktails come in at almost 400 calories (I’m lookin’ at you Pina Colada), it makes it where I feel guilty having both. And while I can shove that guilt down and still manage to have both most of the time, fun cocktails that come in under 100 calories make my life so much better.
This Skinny DragonBerry Rum Twist is my favorite cocktail. It makes it’s appearance at every single party I attend. I am usually found with one in a giant plastic cup the size of my face. …you can then find me several hours later half dressed snoring on the couch. My husband is a lucky man.
Substitutions: Every time I share a cocktail, I get asked about substitutions. So before you can ask…
1. Fresca – I like Fresca. It’s calorie free to begin with and tastes awesome in mixed drinks. But yes, you can use something like Diet Sprite instead.
2. Bacardi DragonBerry Rum – DragonBerry Rum is a strawberry flavored rum. It’s the bomb diggity. Yes, you can use another brand of strawberry rum…but it won’t be as good. Plus a big bottle of Bacardi’s DragonBerry Rum will run you $15. Party on!
3. Fruit – You can use any citrus or any berry. I like the combination of strawberry rum, lemon and raspberry the best…but something like strawberry rum, orange and strawberry is also great.
Cheers! 😉 And don’t blame me if you loose your pants and wake up on the couch.
Skinny DragonBerry Rum Twist
Yield: 1 drink
- 6 oz Fresca (original citrus flavor)
- 1.5 oz Bacardi DragonBerry Rum
- 8 Raspberries, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake. Pour ingredients over ice.