White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars*

Halloween has been over for a couple of weeks now, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t still have some Candy Corn sitting around on my counter. Every day I would walk by it and it would taunt me to grab a handful. Eventually I decided it was time to do something with it, either throw it out or somehow reuse it. But what can you reuse candy corn in?

Thanks to a good old google-ing session, I found out there is A LOT of stuff I can do with candy corn. For starters, I found candy corn infused vodka, candy corn turkeys for Thanksgiving and even some lady who likes to make jewelry out of it.

I thought I might look a little strange walking around wearing candy corn necklaces in December and I like my Vodka to be Rum…so I kept looking. Then I stumbled upon a lot of people making Butterfingers out of their leftover Candy Corn. Say WHAT??

They were claiming that you heated up some peanut butter and some candy corn…and out came the inside of a Butterfinger. Then you just dunk it in some chocolate, and tada!, you got yourself one of my favorite candy bars ever. First of all, I thought this was too good to be true. But, I also thought it was a lot better than throwing out my leftovers…or finding myself binging on them mixed with some salted peanuts (Seriously – Candy Corn + Salted Peanuts = a Payday!). So I put it all in a pot (snapped a photo for proof on instagram) and give it a shot.

And surprise, surprise but the interwebs were right again! It is possible to make Butterfinger bars out of candy corn and peanut butter. It’s a weird miracle!

I dipped mine in white chocolate and sprinkled them with chocolate sprinkles…for no other reason than I can have a regular Butterfinger anytime…but a white chocolate one with sprinkles is special.

P.S. If you are a fan of Chick-O-Sticks, the filling tastes just like them before it’s dunked in chocolate!

White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars

Yield: 8 large Butterfinger Bars

Recipe Note: You can make these on the stove or the microwave. I made them twice and thought melting the candy corn in the microwave and then stirring in the peanut butter was the easiest way!

3 cups candy corn
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups white chocolate chips

Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy corn in 30 second intervals. Stirring between each interval, until candy is completely melted. Stir in peanut butter, until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Let mixture cool completely.

Remove candy from baking dish by pulling up on the corners of the parchment paper. Cut candy into 1 inch candy bars.

Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth. Dip each bar into chocolate to coat completely. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet for chocolate to harden, about 20 minutes.

Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.

a mix of recipes from: Buns In My Oven - Cookies & Cups - Recipe Boy

20 Responses to “White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars”

Amy @ The Nifty Foodie — November 13, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

Oh wow! That’s such a crazy combination…I have to wonder who thinks these ideas up in the first place?? :-P

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — November 13, 2012 @ 1:18 pm

I’m a white chocolate freak!! and I’m partial to a vodka or two also lol

Lindsay {life and kitchen} — November 13, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

I’ve gotta admit, I totally don’t believe you! How is it even possible?? Does it have a butterfinger texture and everything? I’m definitely going to try it!

Michelle | Creative Food — November 13, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

OMG you have blown my mind! I need to make some of these right now!

Whitney @ The Newlywed Chefs — November 13, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

These look amazing! I am looking forward to ending this no-sugar craze so I can try these. Yum!

Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) — November 15, 2012 @ 10:36 am

These look almost too good to be true, Jessica! You are so talented :)

Cynthia — November 16, 2012 @ 5:43 am

I love these! The photography is stunning also!

Erin R. — November 16, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

I made these last year and they totally work! I FOOLISHLY didn’t think to pick up any candy corn after Halloween this time and am sitting here kicking myself. Because butterfingers coated in white chocolate? I don’t even know what to say right now. Truly a masterpiece.

Janet — November 16, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

I love Chick-O-Sticks and Butterfingers! Thanks for the fun recipe. I love your blog!

Melissa @ Bless This Mess — November 17, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

Just made these last night and they turned out perfect! What a strange idea… I wonder who figure this one out. I’d never stick candy corn in the microwave, let alone add PB on my own. LOL.

Averie @ Averie Cooks — November 20, 2012 @ 4:06 am

I made homemade butterfingers last Halloween with leftover candy corn and totally need to do it with white choc – yours are gorgeous!!

angela @ another bite please — November 23, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

i love butterfinger’s and I have a bag of candy corn to use up yet – perfect – YUM.

ErinsFoodFiles — November 28, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

This sounds amazing!!

Joy — November 29, 2012 @ 12:55 am

I love love butterfinger. This recipe is so cool!

Danette Cooper — July 17, 2013 @ 4:43 am

Where can I find candy corn, during non-fall season? Would there be a substitute?

• Jessica replied: — July 18th, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

Hi Danette – I don’t know of any substitute that would work the same. However I did happen to see candy corn at the Dollar Tree last month. I remember because I thought it was odd to see it in June!

The Novice Chef » Thoughts Too Long For Twitter. — September 19, 2013 @ 12:08 am

[…] my smiling face looking back at you! If you don’t get it — you can find the recipe for Homemade White Chocolate Butterfingers here on the blog from last […]

35 Butterfinger Desserts ‹ — October 23, 2013 @ 10:38 pm

[…] 1. White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars- The Novice Chef 2. Butterfinger Cupcakes- Love from The Oven 3. Butterfinger Blondies- Cookies & Cups 4. Butterfinger Ice Cream- Gimme Some Oven 5. Butterfinger Cookie Bars 6. Butterfinger Bites Birthday Cake Cones 7. Peanut Butter Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Butterfinger Ganache Frosting 8. Homemade Peanut Butter Finger Candy- Not Without Salt 9. Butterfinger Angel Food Cake- Stella Bs Kitchen 10. Butterfinger Nutter Butter Cheesecake Bars- Laurens Latest 11. Butterfinger Bomb Cake- Larks Country Heart 12. Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats- Six Sisters Stuff 13. Butterfinger Swiss Meringue Buttercream- The Novice Chef 14. Mini Butterfinger Pies in a Jar- Crumbs & Chaos 15. Butter Crunch Greek Yogurt Ice Cream- Plain Chicken 16. Butterfinger Cookies- Fort Mill SC Living 17. Butterfinger Brownie Trifles- Gimme Some Oven 18. Butterfinger Muddy Buddies- Crumbs & Chaos 19. Butterfinger Cupcakes- The Baking Robot 20. Creamy Butterfinger Ice Cream- Lace & Sweets 21. Butterfinger Cream Cheese Banana Muffins- Culinary Concoctions By Peabody 22. No Bake Butterfinger & Pretzel Cheesecake- Back To The Roots 23. Butterfinger Caramel Apples- Pass The Sushi 24. Knock-Off Butterfinger Cupcakes- Manifest Vegan 25. Mini Butterfinger Cheesecakes- Bakers Royale 26. Butterfinger Banana Cake w/Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting-Dozen Flours 27. Butterfinger Pie- My Chocolate Therapy 28. Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Cookies- Sweet Peas Kitchen 29. Homemade Butter Fingers- Six Sisters Stuff 30. Double Butterfinger Ice Cream- My Chocolate Therapy 31. Butterfinger Shortbread Cookies- Savory Simple 32. Butterfinger Donut Holes- The Baking Robot 33. Butterfinger Frosted Brownies- What Katies Baking 34. Butterfinger Caramel Bars- Cookies & Cups 35. Butterfinger Brownie Bites- See Jane In The Kitchen Ah! I want every single one of them. Will you please make them all and invite me? […]

chocolateguru: White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars | Save The Earth — November 1, 2013 @ 2:30 am

[…] White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars […]

Try This at Home: Make Your Own Halloween Candy - The Recipe Daily — October 31, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

[…] White Chocolate Butterfinger Bars […]