Peppermint & Chocolate Dipped Pretzels*

Last month I got the opportunity to go to Hershey, PA and learn all about the magic that goes on behind the scenes at Hershey. I was absolutely amazed! The story of Milton Hershey and the Milton Hershey School is fascinating…and as a bonus, I also got to eat my weight in chocolate. :)

But one of my favorite parts of the trip was filming some videos (coming your way soon!) about baking using some of Hershey’s new products. All the recipes I used were classics from the Cookie Headquarters for Hershey’s Kitchens. It was a good reminder that some of the best recipes are the classics.

I usually try to come up with recipes that are different or something you might not have seen a hundred times already, but sometimes the classics call to me anyways. There are certain things during the Holidays that will always stay the same. They show up every year and really make me feel like the holidays are here!

Like Dirty Dancing or Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, somethings are best left untouched. Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Peanut Butter Blossoms are some of those items that really should be left alone. No matter what new spin you put on them, the classic recipe is still my favorite.

The same could be said for chocolate covered pretzels with crushed peppermint on them. I make them every year and they are always perfect just as they are! With the bright cheery colors and the sweet, salty, minty mix of flavors…they just can’t be beat! Plus they don’t require a lot of time…or an oven!!

Print Save

Peppermint & Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

1 16 oz bag pretzels
1 12 oz bag Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips or Hershey's Premier White Chips
6 candy canes, crushed

Cover counters with parchment paper.

In microwave-safe container, microwave Hershey's chips at half power for 1 minute. Stir throughly. Continue to microwave and stir at 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.

Dip half of pretzel in melted Hershey's chocolate and allow excess to drip off and then place on parchment paper. Quickly sprinkle pretzels with crushed candy canes.

Let pretzels cool for 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.

Disclaimer: I’m happy to be a part of the Hershey’s ‘Baker’s Dozen‘. I love their products and love getting to share fun ways to use them! All opinions expressed are my own.

15 Responses to “Peppermint & Chocolate Dipped Pretzels”

teresa — December 6, 2012 @ 2:15 am

These look yummy Jessica!
    Love the red & white paper cups!
    I know you girls had fun!
    xo

Blog is the New Black — December 6, 2012 @ 8:03 am

Made something like this last year- soooo addictive!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — December 6, 2012 @ 9:28 am

I haven’t jumped on this train yet but Ima bout to :)

Shannon O'Connell — December 6, 2012 @ 9:32 am

I’m too lazy for the little pretzels. Pretzel rods it is! LOL!

Meghan — December 6, 2012 @ 10:39 am

It’s really amazing how something so easy to do can be SO ADDICTING. Sure they’re classic, but that doesn’t make your pictures any less adorable!

Mel — December 6, 2012 @ 10:58 am

I always do chocolate-covered and just stop there! You’ve opened my eyes to a whole new world of hostess gifts!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — December 6, 2012 @ 11:42 am

My family does the same thing, only with pretzel rods. Probably because we don’t have the patience for little pretzels! :)

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh — December 6, 2012 @ 11:50 am

I have all of this stuff on hand and since it seems more people are calling to see if we’re available way last minute, I’m going to make some, bag ‘em and keep them on hand so I seem more festive and not like I’m thinking of the 50 other things I had planned before they “dropped in.” (I swear I’m not a Grinch!)

Joy — December 6, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

The pretzels look great.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — December 6, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

Definitely a classic for a reason!

Joanne — December 6, 2012 @ 9:46 pm

Sweet, salty, chocolatey, minty…this is a classic in the making!

Holiday Treats and Hershey's Baking Giveaway — December 7, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

[...] Peppermint Chocolate Dipped Pretzels from The Novice Chef [...]

The Novice Chef » Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies — December 9, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

[...] I mentioned last week, I got the opportunity to visit Hershey and while I was there, I got to play tourist at [...]

Christmas Pretzels | Over The Wishing Well — February 6, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

[...] something different to take along to a Christmas lunch tomorrow, I spent this afternoon trying out this recipe from The Novice Chef. It’s super simple – just dip pretzel bows in melted chocolate, and sprinkle with [...]

BEST CHOCOLATE DIPPED DESSERTS | Best Friends For Frosting — May 4, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

[...] aren’t that special. But what about adding crushed candy canes to spice it up a bit? These Peppermint Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are such a festive treat for any holiday!  (via The Novice [...]