Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
These Ultimate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are so wrong and so right on so many different levels. Yes, that is a FULL size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in the center of each of those giant peanut butter cookies.
Oh and yes, those are Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups melted inside of the cookie as well. It’s like everything good in the world joined together to form these glorious cookies.
As I mentioned last week, I got the opportunity to visit the land of Hershey. While I was there, I got to play tourist at Hershey’s Chocolate World.
We saw the 3D show, took the trolly and got to make our own Chocolate Bars. Yup — you read that right, I got to make my own chocolate bar with whatever fillings I wanted! How cool is that??
In between buying a 1 pound Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup from the gift shop and making my own chocolate bar (with toffee and crushed pretzels inside!), I bought the cookie — that inspired this cookie — at the bakery inside Chocolate World. I loved the idea of putting a whole Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in a cookie and came home all kinds of inspired.
Using my absolute favorite crumbly (but still super moist) peanut butter cookie recipe, I started playing around with how to properly bake all that awesomeness into one cookie. After a couple of errors, I figured out that I would stir in the minis and push the full size Reese’s on towards the end of baking. It worked out perfectly!
Jorge and I could not keep our hands out of these cookies! So much so, that I had to give them all away to our friends so I could stop myself! It’s the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate…and would be a perfect addition to a cookie exchange! 🙂
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz) bag Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 18 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugars, until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture on low speed. Stir until dough forms. Then stir in Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups by hand.
- Using your hands, form balls of dough with 2 heaping tablespoons of dough. Gently flatten cookie dough (to form a disk shape) and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes and remove from oven. Press a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup into the center of each cookie.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Can store for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Note: Cookies will not spread much at all and will look like they are not done baking. But I promise they are! Once they finish cooling, the cookie and chocolate will become firm and you will have a magically soft and crumbly cookie!