walk down memory lane…2012 edition!*

I don’t know how, but 2012 is coming to a close. I say this every year, but where did 2012 go?!

It has been an amazing year. I started off 2012 with a few small goals ahead…little did I know that my first cookbook would be written and published by November. Or that my 2nd cookbook (that I pitched myself!) would be turned in and coming out in 2013 (more details on that soon to come!).

I also got my travel on and visited so many new and familiar places like…. Washington, The Bahamas, Hershey, South Carolina, Seattle, Cozumel, Idaho, Texas (3 times!), Orlando, Savannah, California and NYC. I celebrated 4 years of marriage to Jorge, bought my very own brand new car for the first time, turned the ripe age of 25…and ate, a lot.

To send off 2012 in style, I have selected 18 of my favorite recipes from this year. It wasn’t easy, but I narrowed it down! Here’s to a wonderful, happy, healthy and love-filled 2013! Happy New Year!

Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus

Cilantro Corn Confetti
Homemade Strawberry Milk

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
Pumpkin Dream Cake
Butternut Coconut Curry Soup
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

16 Responses to “walk down memory lane…2012 edition!”

Kristina — December 31, 2012 @ 12:22 am

I still love those red velvet cheesecake brownies the best… :) but everything here looks fantastic – you really did have a delicious year!

happy new year, cheers!

Mel — December 31, 2012 @ 1:46 am

Those Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup cookies were divine….Happy New Year, Jessica!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 31, 2012 @ 8:09 am

Cilantro Corn Confetti – yes please!! Congratulations on such a successful 2012!! I can’t wait to follow your journey in 2013! Cheers!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — December 31, 2012 @ 9:54 am

I’m tempted to make every single one of these recipes today! (If only that were possible!) Happy new year, friend! So proud of your 2012 journey and looking forward to that new book of yours!! xoxo

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 31, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Haaaappy New Year, Jessica! Everything has me starving, of course.

Karly — December 31, 2012 @ 11:01 am

I just love your photos. All of ‘em.

Jess Gonzalez | Feast With Me — December 31, 2012 @ 11:53 am

Congrats on a fantastic 2012! Those Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas were definitely my favorite (I’m actually posting about them later this week!). Can’t wait to see what 2013 brings for your blog, and that new cookbook!

Have a Happy New Year!

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — December 31, 2012 @ 12:57 pm

You have had a great 2012! I wih nothing but continued success and happiness in 2013! I absolutely love your brown sugar and garlic chicken. I make it pretty regularly. Happy New Year, Cheers!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — December 31, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

2012 was so good to you. Hope we get to meet up in 2013! Cheers!

Joanne — December 31, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Yay for having such a fun, delicious year! Here’s to another in 2013!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 31, 2012 @ 3:03 pm

You make the cutest food!!

Erin R. — December 31, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let me see those cinnamon rolls. I love these top ten lists because I see things I haven’t seen before or had forgotten about and it’s good to be reminded! Congratulations on a good year. You have certainly worked hard.

eatgood4life.blogspot.com via Facebook — December 31, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

I love those velvet brownies…very creative and colorful. Happy new year!!

Kelsey — January 3, 2013 @ 12:23 am

Congratulations on a fabulous 2012! You achieved so much in just one year–I can’t wait to see what you conquer in 2013!

Tina | My Life as a Mrs — January 4, 2013 @ 7:38 am

Such a fun year of travel & excitement!!!! Glad we got to see each other so many times this year! I’m thankful for you and your friendship lady! xoxo

May — January 5, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

All your posts look terrific but I love your strawberry poptarts especially. Wow! You definitely had a delicious 2012!! :) Looking forward to reading more of your posts in 2013