Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

sky

1. Jorge and I roadtriped it down to Tampa this weekend to look at houses. We found a good one and are happy to be moving in soon (3 weeks to be exact!). However, that’s not what I want to talk about. Instead, I want to talk about our obsession with fake cheese. I always pick between three road trip snacks: Cheese Ritz Bits, Cheez-Its or Cheetos Puffs. Jorge will always get a bag of Doritos: Nacho Cheese. — on a side note, I abhor those chips because they make the entire car smell like feet. …I guess there is just something to be said for that neon orange fake cheese flavor!

2. I am now on Vine (the new video sharing app that is kind of like instagram…but with videos). The videos are 6 seconds or shorter and are on a loop. You can take multiple mini videos and make one 6 second video with it. It’s a blast. Plus, now you can see how talented Brody is.

3. Everyone is talking about their obsession with the show Girls, but no one is talking about 2 Broke Girls. Come on people, I love Girls too…even if I feel all angsty and weird every time I watch it. However 2 Broke Girls is one of my top 3 favorite shows. I keep the past episodes on my DVR and will watch them over and over and over again. It is my favorite show to rewatch for the next three days after it airs. Not to mention my obsession with Kat Dennings. People always say this — but Kat & I would be total best friends if she lived near me and wasn’t a celebrity and really ran a cupcake shop.

glitter makeup

4. My mom and I went this past weekend to Ulta. We went in for one single item and found ourselves stumbling out of the store an hour later with bags full of new and expensive goop. I don’t even know how it happens. I kind of believe that they pump in happy pheromones into the store to get you into that ‘OMG I NEED EVERYTHING IN HERE RIGHT NOW’ state of mind. I caught myself half way through shopping with my hands full of MORE sparkly eyeshadow. You almost got me again, Ulta! Thankfully I recently instagramed a photo of a portion of my sparkle eyeshadows. So I made myself put half (yes, just half — I really needed that new brown Urban Decay color) of it back.

5. Speaking of our trip to Ulta, I am a product girl and have way more than most normal people…but I have a new obsession: Too Faced Air Buffed BB Cream. It is AMAZING! It’s like a foundation, but not…which is a good thing since I hate foundation. It feels like it is going on heavy when you are brushing it on your face, but is actually very light and feels so soft and smooth to the touch. You put it on with the little brush that comes on top and it matches your skin tone perfectly. It is not for covering up giant pimples, but more for making your skin look flawless (evenly colored and so smooth). Seriously, if I haven’t gone on enough already to prove it — I’m in love!

6. Right before January, I gave up soda. Ok, that’s a lie. I gave up soda at home. I used to be the queen of Diet Sunkist (with the occasional Coke Zero thrown in for good measure). I drank 2-3 a day. Now, I have soda about once a week when I go out to eat. I have totally broken the habit! Sure I still have it occasionally, but at this point it is much more of a “treat” instead of a regular every day thing. From 2-3 a day, to maximum 1 a week? Ya, I’m super proud. …but to be perfectly honest, I haven’t noticed any differences. But still, yay for less chemicals in my body!

s'mores

7. This weekend my Dad made a big fire in the fire pit and we roasted weenies for dinner. Then we roasted marshmallows. That’s right, no s’mores just toasted marshmallows. And to be honest, I didn’t even miss the chocolate or the graham cracker. I was perfectly content with a few slightly burnt, gooey marshmallows. I don’t even know who I am anymore.

8. I have been reading tons of light/entertaining books lately and it has been so much fun. I have always been a really big reader, but reading books that have no deep hidden meaning or dark sad story lines have been a lot of fun. My latest addiction has been a series by Tiffany Snow. It’s a mix between chic-lit, mystery, romance and comedy. I have been up late burning the midnight oil (i.e. Kindle power juice) re-reading the first (No Turning Back) and the second (Turn To Me) books before the third (Turning Point) comes out in February. If you like hot guys fighting over a funny and relatable girl then check it out!

9. I got all crafty this week and made these Vday Heart Trees. I made them with red, white and pink card stock…and glued the hearts to styrofoam cones with a glue gun. Then I spray painted some wood candlesticks I got at Hobby Lobby for $1 a piece. They came out totally adorable and I am now sad to only have 2 more weeks left to display them. Red, White & Pink can be March colors too, right?

10. I have nothing left to say, I just wanted an even 10 list. :) ¬†Tomorrow I am coming back with some Pork Carnitas. Who’s excited?!

**#8 contains affiliate links for amazon**

26 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — January 31, 2013 @ 5:34 am

Congrats on finding a house!! That is awesome. I have flown/gone to cities in advance of moving in hot pursuit of properties I’d see online and know the stress involved. So happy you guys have something to call home!

And ALL your car snacks are my faves. Love Doritos but hate the way they make me, my breath, and the car smell :)

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas — January 31, 2013 @ 7:42 am

Don’t tell anyone but Cheetos are my downfall lol. 99% of the time I read labels and try to only buy things that are natural….except for Cheetos. I run to the aisle, grab a bag and cover my eyes, and run to the cash register to buy it. Oh do I know they are bad! But oh so good.

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — January 31, 2013 @ 8:00 am

So impressed you’ve given up diet soda!! I quit in April 2009 and it was a little sad. I heart Diet Coke. Fortunately it tastes like creepy chemicals now. :-) PS: I heart sparkly eye shadow.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — January 31, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Thanks for the new book series reccomendation! I am about to finish At the End of Everything and need a new book.

Hope — January 31, 2013 @ 9:28 am

That is so funny about your road trip snacks! We are the same exact way, its cheez its, gold fish, nacho cheese doritos or the spicy nacho cheese! So insane. And I have to agree they do have a funky smell! Also on the soda, Coke is my all time fav, but at too have limited to one a week! There is just something about that burn!!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

GIRL, YES! I gave up real soda years ago, but I have a serious love for a glass bottled Coke. And I say the same thing you do, I just love that burn!

…and now I’m dying for a real glass bottle coke. You suck. ;-)

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — January 31, 2013 @ 9:28 am

Carnitas!! I’m excited..love that stuff crammed in a burrito. I can’t get Vine on my phone yet and that’s cool..another social media outlet and my family will end up not eating and having zero clean clothes to wear ;)

Amanda Mulholland — January 31, 2013 @ 10:09 am

I feel like a COMPLETE stalker but I am in love with pretty much everything you posted today and I will be ordering the books soon! They look like a great series :) Oh & (early) welcome back to our coast!!!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

The good thing about a blog — it makes stalking totally normal. ;-)

You will love the books, at least I do! Let me know what you think when you start them!

danielle — January 31, 2013 @ 10:11 am

When you run out of the Too Faced BB cream, give Clinique’s BB cream a try. LOVE this product. I too don’t like to wear concealer or foundation, but I love that this BB cream gives you that full coverage look without the feel. The Clinique one also has spf and a little moisturizer – score!!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

Hmm I dunno if I can do that, I am so obsessed with this Too Faced’s version because it isn’t a tube of cream. Plus it has 25 spf.

…knowing me I will still have to try Cliniques eventually lol ;)

Jackie Gonzales — January 31, 2013 @ 10:54 am

Have you read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich? It starts with “One For the Money.” Great reads; I have laughed out loud in public many times because of them!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 12:55 pm

Yes! I have been reading them since high school! I get so excited every year when the new one comes out. My husband finds it hysterical that I actually giggle out loud when reading them. Love me some Lula!

angela @ another bite please — January 31, 2013 @ 10:59 am

road trip snacks are like so important…my hubby always get a beef hot stick and a chocolate milk…and sometimes pork rinds…gross i know…i opt for the candy….congrats on finding a house…i used to have an ulta by me but now it is sephora..both are dangerous.

Diana @ Sweet y Salado — January 31, 2013 @ 11:38 am

See, I think anything Cheesy smells like feet, like the Cheez-Its and specially the Cheetos Puffs. LOL. Oh, and believe it or not, my husband loves to go to Ulta with me because he’s a huge cologne fan and will spray everything on. Then when we get to the car I have to roll down the windows to avoid passing out. It’s crazy but he’s definitely an Ulta man. Thank you for the book recommendations since I also love to read. Have you read Tina Fey’s “Bossypants”? I just finished it last night and it was hilariously fantastic. Wait, did you say carnitas?! Yes, please!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

I listened to the audiobook of Bossypants and enjoyed it! I also just finished “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me” by Mindy. It was a fun listen too!

(I like to listen to books by comedians because it’s more like them telling the stories themselves.)

Severiana — January 31, 2013 @ 12:22 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your too long for twitter entries!!!! Great addition!!!!! Congrats on the house!!!

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen — January 31, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

As you give up soda, I drink more and more. Sigh.

Teresa E — January 31, 2013 @ 2:10 pm

Congrats on finding a house! I LOVE Two Broke Girls!! Oh the one with the two Amish guys building the house for Chestnut…..priceless!! MMMMM…cupcakes!!

• Jessica replied: — January 31st, 2013 @ 2:12 pm

Ha yes! That rerun was on this week. I love that she calls the Puppies LOL :)

Emily ~So Domesticated~ — January 31, 2013 @ 2:50 pm

I LOVE Ulta! Glad there isn’t one too close, or I’d be in serious trouble ;)

Crystal — January 31, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

…adored this post this morning and the bit of good news in my email box, too. So, I thought I’d share a fail safe lazy s’mores concept…when it’s too much of a pain to get the chocolate and the graham crackers together, and frankly, there may have been too many adult beverages consumed to construct appropriately, I go for the next best thing- – my favorite chunky chocolate chip cookies. Yup. Use two of them like a clam shell to pull of the scorched marshmallow and make a little personal s’mores sandwich. It’s divine. I swear. Seriously.

Now, back to those Carnitas! Si! Si!

Celestine — February 1, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

My husband and I both LOVE 2 Broke Girls…..completely hysterical!

Monica — February 1, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

Ohhh you are moving to Tampa.. awesome!!! look me up! And seriously whomever does not like 2 B G.. needs to have their head looked at, even my fiancee likes the show.. they are just too funny.

Jolie — February 5, 2013 @ 10:03 pm

I enjoyed this post! Thanks! I just can’t give up soda with the work I do. Blah. Maybe next year! LoL

The Novice Chef » Herbed Goat Cheese Souffl√© — February 19, 2013 @ 10:17 pm

[...] fell off the wagon. Hard. I was doing SO good with not buying soda to drink at home and only having it occasionally when we went out to eat. But we are moving this week and I have [...]