Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

Spring in FL

1. Spring is here in Florida. Well to be honest, we don’t really have winter…things die and it gets cool-ish…and then everything starts to bloom again in January. By February we are in full out Spring mode. Everything outside is covered in a cloud of green pollen and I can’t stop sneezing. All the blooming flowers would be really romantic if my face wasn’t all swollen up and blotchy. Thanks, allergies.

2. Comcast made a big oopsie and cut off our internet & cable 3 weeks earlier than our move date. It took them a whole two days to come back out and fix it. And as someone who uses the internet for their job, I was losing my mind. I had to go outside and hold my phone above my head to get any signal and I’m pretty sure my neighbors now think I’m insane. But during that downtime, I read a new book called Ten Tiny Breaths. It was different than the typical romance books and an interesting story. Don’t let the horrible cover fool you, it was worth the $2.99 price on Kindle.

Relish February Cover

3. I am super excited to have one of my recipes being used as the cover for Relish Magazine this month! I’m sure you recognize the recipe from last year, but I think I like it even better when it’s showing up as the cover photo for a magazine…somehow it just makes it that much cooler. :-) If you have an iPad, make sure to check out their App to read this months edition!

4. For anybody who might be looking for a new office chair, I just ordered one last week and it is like sitting on a white fluffy cloud. I’m kind of in love with it and may start sleeping in it too.

February GlossyBox

5. About 6 months ago I signed up for a monthly beauty product mail thing called GlossyBox and I have to tell you that I am LOVING it. It’s like BirchBox, but WAY better. It costs $21 a month and you get new fun items each month. It can be anything from makeup, to nail polish, to face products or hair stuff. It usually includes at least one full size item and other travel size or sample size things. This month I got a OPI nail polish Can’t Let Go (full size), Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash mascara, Tarte Glamazon in Fierce Lipstick (in full size!) and some other fun stuff. …all of that and I paid $21. It’s so cool and it makes getting mail fun again!

6. So I totally don’t care about the Superbowl, but we have to talk about the half time show. It seems like people either loved it or hated it…and I just can’t understand how anyone could hate it! Beyonce is a beast and I have no earthly idea how she can sing and work those hips like that all at the same time. You would find me crumbled up on the floor wheezing if I tried to do even part of what she does…but then again, I promise no one would ever pay to hear me sing. Ever. And they definitely wouldn’t want to see my jelly.

7. Someone sent me this animated gif the other day and its like my new favorite thing. I think I have sent it to just about everyone in my phone book. What, you sent me a funny picture of your kid? Well here, watch this guy dance! I’m pretty sure my friends are ready to kill me.

8. Speaking of funny animated gifs, go check out this site now. It cracks me up every.single.day. (Also, make sure you see this one. I don’t even like pugs, but that is hysterical.) (Oh, oh, and this one too.)

Chobani Bites

9. Chobani Bite: Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips. 100 Calories & 9 grams of Protein. I’m OBSESSED. They also have other new flavors like Fig with Orange Zest and Coffee with Dark Chocolate Chips…but all I want is the Raspberry & Chocolate, all day, every day.

*this post contains a couple affiliate links for amazon*

21 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Jessi — February 6, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

I saw the Relish Magazine, and I was like, hey, I recognize that, that’s Jessica’s! Congrats!

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas — February 6, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

I was totally mesmerized by Beyonce. She killed it! The haters are just jealous lol.

Mrs H — February 7, 2013 @ 8:56 am

Congratulations on the magazine cover!
    The Glossybox subscription looks like a lot of fun.

Stephanie — February 7, 2013 @ 10:27 am

I am loving the new Cho flavors too! The pear is high up there for me and I can’t wait to try the key lime flip!

Meghan {For the Love of Dessert} — February 7, 2013 @ 10:48 am

Congrats on the magazine cover!

Diana @ Sweet y Salado — February 7, 2013 @ 11:39 am

I’m never happy with any Half Time show because I think they’re all lame. Yeah, I said it. I’ve never seen a show during any Super Bowl where I don’t change the channel and go “WOW! This is amaaaaazeballs!” That’s never happened. So I always get up from the couch, take a bathroom break and then go eat more food dipped in some sauce until it’s all over.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 7, 2013 @ 1:16 pm

I’m SO jealous of you experiencing spring. Pretty flours. And congrats on the magazine cover! How cool is that? Definitely frame that sucker :)

Tessa @ Handle the Heat — February 7, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

I have that same office chair! I’ve had it for like 5 years now. LOVE it. Checking out GlossyBox now :)

Celestine — February 7, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

Magazine cover? Woot! Congrats! I signed up for glossybox, can’t wait to get my first one! Thanks chickadee!

Suzanne Morgan — February 7, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

The pineapple/caramel Chobani is also amazing. Try it.

Avis Peterson via Facebook — February 7, 2013 @ 3:05 pm

Since you don’t really have much winter in Florida, I thought I’d share a peek of our winter 2010. Cheers! and, congrats on being the cover of Relish magazine! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=469611492915&set=a.469611457915.251591.681517915&type=3&theater

Emily ~So Domesticated~ — February 7, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Congrats on the magazine cover!

I’m totally considering signing up for glossy box. I heart beauty products!

Diana — February 7, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

I love those Yogurts! I have them right now in my fridge! The Rasberry/Dark Chocolate is my fav!

Ann Mc — February 7, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

I’m not a fan of Beyonce at all, but she is very, very talented and sang beautifully during half time.

Congratulations on being not only IN Relish, but ON the cover!

Mel — February 7, 2013 @ 10:16 pm

I am so jealous you’re already into Spring!!
    Congrats on being on the cover of Relish!

ErinsFoodFiles — February 8, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

When we moved out the the apartment it was the day before Halloween. I scheduled our cable to end ON THE 31st. I did this knowing that Hocus Pocus was airing on the 30th, and I planned on watching it while I finished things up at the apartment. THOSE COMCAST MUTHA-TRUCKERS CUT OFF OUR CABLE 5 MINUTES INTO THE DAMN MOVIE. It was seriously like 7:05pm. I was livid. I have always hated Comcast, and this just added a big ol log to the fire!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — February 8, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

Jealous of your blooming flowers and green grass! Here in Iowa we’ve still got a couple months before that starts happening. :(

Adelle — February 8, 2013 @ 10:32 pm

Eat Chobain all the time, but we don’t have those great flavors up here by me yet…will keep watching. Having been making mini desserts for a few years, it is my specialty on our evening desserts on our boat..its been fun fun, and now I’m going to use a whole batch of yours this summer.. Thanks!

Yea, Beyonce, she is really talented, super performer, but alas a terrible role model for girls. Don’t want my young girls acting like that. It was superbowl, family time, what is up with that.

Aggie — February 9, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

I LOVED the half time show. Beyonce rocks.

I have to get those chobanis!! I haven’t seen them in my store, I don’t think??

And the pollen right now is seriously for the birds. I’ll take spring in February though. This is my favorite Florida weather!

Kelsey — February 12, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

Congratulations on the Relish cover!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter — February 17, 2013 @ 4:36 pm

There were definitely haters at our house watching Beyonce’. I think I was the only one, actually, sitting there in awe of her dancing skillz! Most were too worried their kids (little boys) were watching, which I get, but MAN, if only I could dance and sing like that!? Well,…I wouldn’t be a food blogger, then, huh? ;)