Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

moving - brody

1. The move happened! It is DONE. We are officially residents of Tampa again! In spite of a few crazy moments (like the realtor completely forgetting about us moving), it went well and we are super happy to have this big move out of the way. As you can tell, Brody was also thrilled. :)

living room

2. I have to say a big thank you to my parents because thanks to them we are 75% unpacked and have paintings hung, lighting changed out and windows fixed. Of course it’s still a work in progress (um, like whats all on that table behind the couch? I’m still working it all out…), but we are getting there and will be completely unpacked in less than a week. That’s pretty amazing if you ask me!

3. I have a new beauty obsession Nexxus Pro Mend Split End Binding Straightening Lotion. Why yes, that is the longest name ever. But if you have long thick hair, it’s awesome! It doesn’t weigh your hair down and does a great job of keeping your ends looking nice. Of course it will not actually fix your split ends since that’s impossible, but it makes it look like they aren’t there. I found it at Walgreens, but it can be bought everywhere from Ulta to Walmart.

grey goose night light

4. Check out my new kitchen night light! It is prettier in person and the colors come out better, but even in the photo I am obsessed with it! I have been searching for a big bottled one for so long, but kept only finding the regular small sized vodka bottles. I know I could make one, but I would need a special drill and lots of patience. Instead I got lucky and ended up finding this one on Etsy! Score!

5. Jorge and I are now BOTH working from home. He will still be traveling a lot (about 50% of the time) and we also each have our own big offices. In spite of all of that, I am still not sure actually survive without killing each other. Check in with me again next month. ;)

6. Ok, ok. I can’t be the only one still watching American Idol! Well, to be honest I don’t watch fully…I DVR it and then fast forward through all the boring performances (i.e. every single slow song). However, I am dying to know what Nicki and Keith keep giggling about when their mics are off. Are they also wondering how long till Mariah has a wardrobe malfunction?? I mean, come on.

cake

7. I made my Mom a big thank you cake with tons of sweet dark chocolate…and vanilla bean marshmallow frosting pilled on top. I ate way more than I should have and it was absolutely delicious. I promise the recipe is coming next week and you do not want to miss it. I was seriously licking the bowl, whisk and spatula.

8. Alright, I gotta go. Nashville is finally back on tonight and I have been having some serious withdrawals. I keep listening to all the songs on Spotify, but it is not the same as a new episode each week. Does anyone else miss Juliette’s hot almost husband? Is Juliette really firing her manager? What is happening with Rayna and Deacon?

21 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Mimi @ Culinary Couture — February 27, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

I love me some NASHVILLE! I keep secretly hoping that Juliette’s fiance and her get back together. Also, if I see Scarlet cry one more time, I’m throwing my remote at the screen. CAN THEY JUST LET HER BE HAPPY, FO REAL!?

Keley — February 27, 2013 @ 11:21 pm

Girl, I am seriously impressed with your family’s moving skills. AMAZING!

Stephanie — February 28, 2013 @ 1:46 am

Gah! That cake looks amazeballs. Also, can your family help us unpack too? After 5 months we still have a ton of wedding gifts that have yet to find homes :(

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 28, 2013 @ 7:50 am

Congrats on the move! And good luck on both being home full time (minus when you’re traveling) ;)

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas — February 28, 2013 @ 8:31 am

LOVE Nashville. Fingers crossed that they get picked up for another season. Oh, and the marshmallow frosting is ridiculous. Not to mention the rich dark cake underneath it =)

Virginia — February 28, 2013 @ 9:10 am

OMG. Nashville. I am so, so happy you’re obsessed! I’ve been hooked from the get-go (seeing my home state on TV every week is awesome), but these past few episodes have really brought the drama!

Like, is one of the perks of Teddy’s new job an unlimited supply of hair gel? He was definitely rocking the sleazy politician look last night!

(And that cake looks divine. My thighs just grew an extra inch in diameter just looking at it).

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 28, 2013 @ 9:11 am

That light is so awesome!! And congrats on being all moved in. I have to move in 2 months and am totally dreading it…but if I tempt people with cake they might help!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — February 28, 2013 @ 9:44 am

I have to catch up on Nashville today. Rayna and Deacon just need to happen already. I can’t get enough of it. SO glad the move went well!

Diana @ Sweet y Salado — February 28, 2013 @ 11:45 am

Congratulations on your move, Jessica! It’s all over with, phew! Not a big fan of “Nashville” but I loooove that greenish own you have on your coffee table. Looks great with the mustard color couch.

Jim True — February 28, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

Welcome back to Tampa! I’m so excited! Need to meet up and dish ;) Love the Grey Goose Light!

Suzanne — February 28, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Glad you made the move alright!
    We need to chat about Nashville. I’m just slightly obsessed with Scarlett and Gunnar..LOVE hearing them. And yes..I miss the ex too!

Kristina — February 28, 2013 @ 2:04 pm

what a fun light! I have one of those “novelty” size SKYY bottles that I have been wanting to do something fun with… I was thinking of using it as a lamp BASE, perhaps I need to make a light out of it?

YAY for being almost completely unpacked – enjoy settling in!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — February 28, 2013 @ 4:50 pm

Congrats on the move! I am not sure I could work in the same house with my husband, even in our separate offices – I would kill him! Good luck to you :)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — February 28, 2013 @ 8:51 pm

I’m salivating just looking at that cake! Oh my :D Welcome to Tampa, my friend!

Janet T. — March 1, 2013 @ 12:32 am

I live in Nashville and love the show! My husband and I have been working from our home offices for 16 years. Best thing that ever happened to us. Good luck to you and Jorge.

Heather — March 3, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

Wow, congrats on the quick move it!! We are actually vacationing in the Tampa area soon… any good food related recommendations?!

ErinsFoodFiles — March 5, 2013 @ 10:06 am

Uh, that cake looks DIVINE! And damnit, when my eyes first skimmed I say “Alright I gotta go. Nashville..” I was like “WHAT!? She’s coming? YAY! Oh, wait. Darn.” I gotta admit, I like watching the show. I love figuring out where they shot. Like the scene in Chicago outside their hotel? Yeah, that’s like 2 blocks from my work. And THAT was the reason traffic was backed up on my way in one day! haha

Paula — March 5, 2013 @ 5:15 pm

Glad to hear that you are settling in and happy with how quickly it is all progressing. Your Mom’s *Thank You* cake looks amazingly rich, dark and delicious.

The Novice Chef » Dark Chocolate Vanilla Bean Marshmallow Cake — March 7, 2013 @ 12:12 am

[…] posted a sneak peek of this cake last week, so I know y’all must have been counting down the days until I posted the recipe. I […]

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 7, 2013 @ 1:26 pm

Congrats on the move! That nightlight is freakin amazing.