Tomato, Arugula & Goat Cheese Pizza*

Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Pizza from www.thenovicechefblog.com

Even though food is my job, there are days that I don’t even step foot in the kitchen. Ok, wait, that’s kind of a lie. I go in for drinks or to heat up leftovers, but I don’t actually bake or cook anything. Instead I spend my whole day at my computer answering emails, comments and having conference calls. I work on my other side jobs and do backend maintenance for the website. And lately I have been working on edits for my second book Cereal Sweets & Treats (out in September).

By the time the day is over, I really don’t feel like making a big dinner. Sometimes I just need something fast that takes minimal effort from me. Usually I will reach for the frozen version of this pizza — that I buy in mass quantities — but apparently I had already eaten the last one. Good thing I already had goat cheese, cherry tomatoes and pizza dough lying around! A quick swap of arugula for spinach and this pizza was ready to go.

Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Pizza from www.thenovicechefblog.com

As you can see, this pizza doesn’t have any mozzarella cheese on it. It is also light on the sauce. But with the addition of juicy cherry tomatoes and a whole 4 oz of creamy goat cheese, I don’t miss it. If you have to have some more cheese on it, just add on a thin layer of shredded mozzarella.

And if you are out of marinara sauce, just brush olive oil onto the dough and then layer on the toppings. It is just as delicious without the marinara! Almost all the ingredients on this pizza are interchangeable. It’s easily changed to your personal tastes or what you have on hand. :-)

Tomato, Arugula & Goat Cheese Pizza

1 pizza dough
1 cup marinara sauce
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 giant handful of arugula

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Roll out pizza dough and place on pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread an even layer of marinara sauce, leaving an inch around the edges.

Spread goat cheese and cherry tomatoes on top. Top pizza with a little salt and some fresh ground pepper.

Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the dough edges are golden brown. Top with arugula and serve immediately.

26 Responses to “Tomato, Arugula & Goat Cheese Pizza”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 1, 2013 @ 10:49 pm

Wow I didnt know you were already to the editing stage….dang, time flies! I just saw the cover on your instagram feed. LOVE IT! And I love cereal treats. Seriously I can’t wait for this book!

And goat cheese on pizza. I’m a fan!

Kelsey @aslolife — April 2, 2013 @ 8:24 am

I’m totally with you, but luckily, my husband usually steps up when I’m feeling too lazy to cook. But if it were up to me all the time, leftovers would be my daily standard!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — April 2, 2013 @ 8:41 am

This looks incredible. I adore any pizza with goat cheese!!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — April 2, 2013 @ 8:53 am

This is one gorgeous pizza and I couldn’t’ love these flavors more!

Tieghan — April 2, 2013 @ 9:02 am

This pizza is beautiful and I could not be more excited for you book!! YA!

Katie — April 2, 2013 @ 9:11 am

This pizza looks divine. Congrats again on your next book coming out! September will be here before you know it!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — April 2, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Girl, story of my life. Somedays I’d rather jump off a building than cook! Most of the time we don’t have a sit down dinner, or dinner at all. Love the goat cheese here!

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — April 2, 2013 @ 10:49 am

This pizza combines all my favorite things! So excited for your next cookbook!!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — April 2, 2013 @ 11:17 am

Mmm this looks so perfect for spring! Love this idea!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — April 2, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

This pizza paired with a glass or two of wine would make the perfect end to a day. Yum!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 2, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

So fresh and perfect for spring! I love that it’s mozz-less too. With fat free feta, it could even be Ass Friendly, no? ;)

Tina | My Life as a Mrs — April 2, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

LOVE me a fast simple dinner!!! And I love goat cheese on pizza!

Joanne — April 2, 2013 @ 8:41 pm

I love it when pizza’s for dinner…especially when it’s covered in goat cheese! Yum!

dessertfortwo — April 2, 2013 @ 11:03 pm

Second book?! Congrats! Where have I been? oh yeah, my hard drive crashed and I’m so behind on blogs!

This pizza looks great! I love light-sauced pizzas with extra veggies :)

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — April 3, 2013 @ 12:28 am

I cannot wait for your 2nd cookbook!! It already looks incredible!!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 3, 2013 @ 12:51 am

I’m more than thrilled to see your second cookbook – because your first wasn’t awesomesauce enough?!?! Twice the sugar and twice the FUN!!

But in all actuality, cooking is the last thing I’d want to do after all those edits! You’ve got the patience of a saint!!

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — April 3, 2013 @ 2:36 am

I always make sure to have goat cheese in the fridge and just posted a tomato goat cheese galette the other day. The combo is awesome!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — April 3, 2013 @ 8:08 am

I would cut my right arm off for a piece of this right now!!! You had me at goat cheese.

Christina @ It's a Keeper — April 3, 2013 @ 9:37 am

This pizza looks scrumptious! It sounds like a perfect easy weeknight meal or a great way to jazz up our Friday pizza nights! Thanks for sharing!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — April 3, 2013 @ 9:49 am

yumm this look deliciously fresh & tasty! drizzle over with some balsamic glaze and I will seriously be in love :)

Nutmeg Nanny — April 3, 2013 @ 11:45 am

Beautiful, mouth-watering perfection. I’m a sucker for goat cheese on top of everything!

shelly (cookies and cups) — April 9, 2013 @ 8:27 am

Yes! I could eat this right now.. and it’s 8:30 in the morning.

Aggie — April 11, 2013 @ 11:45 am

This is my kind of pizza – looks so fresh and delicious!

ErinsFoodFiles — April 11, 2013 @ 5:18 pm

This sounds delicious!

maira pee — September 5, 2013 @ 12:10 am

I like it’s presentation, use of arugula and cheese look perfect in this recipe,thanks to share this recipe.

Top 10 Tasty Pizzas - Top Inspired — November 1, 2013 @ 11:18 am