Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins*

Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins  (via thenovicechefblog.com)

I really hate rainy days, which is kind of a problem since I live in Florida. To be fair, I don’t hate rainy days occasionally…but this is the wet season in Florida and it has rained every day. It’s not unusual for a Florida afternoon Summer shower, but those would be welcomed compared to the terrible thunderstorms we have been getting this Summer.

We get woken up at night to the booming of thunder and wake up and find the streets flooded. I go for a morning walk with Brody and it will start pouring before we get home. And it’s a joke at this point to even consider washing your car! Just keep the water spots and the dirty tires — it’s all the style this year!

Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins  (via thenovicechefblog.com)

The news even said that this is one of the wettest summers on record for Florida. All the bugs (ants, roaches, beetles and more) are trying to get inside to take cover. Last week I even found  a foot long chicken snake in my kitchen!! So please Florida weather gods, I’m asking for a break. Can we go back to those 20 minute showers? I can’t take much more of this.

Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins  (via thenovicechefblog.com)

Since my ‘sunshine state’ hasn’t been living up to it’s name, I needed a little cheering up. So I turned on some of my favorite happy cooking songs (you know — a little Ray Charles, Harry Belafonte, Louis Armstrong and Louis Prima) and whipped up some of these Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins.

It’s almost a muffin, almost a mini donut and a whole lot of cinnamon sugar. You can tell by the photos that it was another dreary rainy day, but these little sugar bombs really brought me out of my funk. But to be fair, who wouldn’t be happier with hot mini doughnut muffins in less than 30 minutes?? ;-)

I made these into muffins (in my mini muffin pan), but they could also be baked in a mini donut pan! Either way works perfectly, just watch the baking time if you are making them as mini donuts. They will be done just a little sooner than the mini muffins! (If you get the mini donut pan, don’t forget about my fun cookbook with 100 mini donut recipes!)

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out the recipe for these Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins that I developed for them!

20 Responses to “Baked Mini Doughnut Muffins”

Corazón — August 23, 2013 @ 1:53 am

These look so delicious. Anything covered in cinnamon-sugar catches my attention. I can’t wait to try them out. Also I don’t have to feel bad because they are first of all mini, and second of all just doughnut like, but still muffins right ;)

Hani/Haniela's — August 23, 2013 @ 7:08 am

These look so good. I’m huge into cinnamon.

Tieghan — August 23, 2013 @ 8:35 am

I HATE the rain! It’s just not my thing. However, if it would result in these muffins I think I would be happy! I love a good doughnut muffin and these look awesome!

Kala — August 23, 2013 @ 10:02 am

French Breakfast Muffins! One of my favorite childhood staples and now I make them for my kids. They are always so popular with everyone! Yummo!

Annabelle — August 23, 2013 @ 10:13 am

I went to the site listed and cant find the recipe. Can you please give further instructions.

Annabelle — August 23, 2013 @ 10:15 am

Sorry, I now see where you posted the recipe site.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 23, 2013 @ 10:45 am

I would’ve totally freaked out over the snake!! The weather has been absolutely crazy. Hopefully you get a break from it all soon.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 23, 2013 @ 10:53 am

These are so pretty! What a fun breakfast :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — August 23, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

Not sure I could have handled having a snake in my kitchen! It would take a few of these doughnut muffins to calm my nerves!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — August 23, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

I agree, I am sick of the rain. And this summer it has just been gloomy. I’m ready for the sun again.

Joanne — August 23, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

I probably would have moved after seeing a snake in my kitchen…but maybe that’s just me. :P Good for you for keeping your cool and baking instead! These mini muffins are the cutest.

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — August 23, 2013 @ 6:45 pm

Yup. Need these asap.

Michelle — August 25, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

I made these today, as I had 30 minutes notice that guests were coming. They were brilliant, went down a real treat, everyone loved them, and they were particularly awesome because even my friend’s son who has a load of allergies could eat them. Really nice and easy to prepare, too, although maybe my mini-muffin pans are smaller than yours – I got 46 mini muffins out of a single batch! Fabulous!!

• Jessica replied: — August 26th, 2013 @ 10:41 am

So glad you liked them! And 46? Sounds like I need a smaller muffin pan. Yay for more donut muffins! Haha!

Susan — August 26, 2013 @ 9:15 am

My hubby loves all things ‘doughnuts’ so he made these yesterday. They came together quickly and all I can say is YUM! Thank goodness he took a bunch of them to work today or else I’d be tempted to eat them all! Thanks for a great, easy recipe!

• Jessica replied: — August 26th, 2013 @ 10:42 am

So glad y’all liked them Susan!! :-)

Katie — August 26, 2013 @ 11:41 am

mmm these donuts look divine! I agree I hate rainy days too, and living in Florida this is very problematic! lol

Nutmeg Nanny — August 30, 2013 @ 9:19 am

Oh goodness, this is wonderful :) i bet they’re addicting!

Alicia Hunt — August 31, 2013 @ 5:25 pm

The day I find a snake in my house, is the day I move out!!! Florida is NOT for me…give me NH anyday! Will try the donut muffins, look great!
    I would visit Florida, but live there I am not so sure!!!

Alejandra — August 29, 2014 @ 2:42 pm

Hi! I loved the idea of these wonderful lil treats, but I must say, they didnt turn out very well at all.. What went wrong? They came out undercooked, really heavy and just not nice at all! Help! =)