Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

makeup2013

1. Do you see that neon pink lipstick in the center there? I let my sister talk me into buying it a couple of weeks ago and have yet to wear it. I’m obsessed with it, but also worried I am going to look like I am trying too hard. Is 25 (soon to be 26) too old to be wearing neon lipstick?? Maybe I’ll wear it this weekend when I head down to South Florida to visit Tina. I hear they are much more forgiving.

2. Speaking of Haley (my baby sister), she just left for college today. I’m kind of dying inside. Who is going to watch Netflix with me for days on end? Who is going to help me keep tabs on my Mom & Dad?? I’m glad she is growing up and going to school (FAU in Boca Raton), but I want her to still want to hang out with her older sister. Thankfully she forgot her TV and all of her makeup — so I am going to bring them to her this weekend. It feels good to still have something she wants and she has to be nice to me to get it.

3. Did y’all here about the very real possibility of an NSync reunion at the VMAs this Sunday?? 13 year old me is currently freaking the freak out. I had every one of their cd’s and was a die hard Justin fan. I never wavered in my fandom (Backstreet Boys who??) and have been waiting for this for a long time. I don’t want them to make new music or try to get back together like all the other lame boy bands from the past…I just want a mashup of their hits and maybe some curly Justin ‘fro. P.S. These 48 Reasons Why The World Needs an NSync Reunion are spot on. Also, it will remind you of how AWFUL our clothing in the 90’s was.

Cereal Sweets & Treats at Bucee's

4. I recently found out that my newest cookbook, Cereal Sweets & Treats, is being sold at Bucee’s! As a (former) Texas girl — this is awesome news! If you aren’t from Texas and don’t know what Bucce’s is, it’s a one of a kind gas station. Their mascot is a Beaver and they have signs over hundreds of miles away telling you all the great things they sell. They are pretty humorous and my family likes to read them out loud as we pass each one. It’s also not a regular gas station, but sells all kinds of things from meats, house decor, clothing and cookbooks…and a lot more stuff in between. Big thanks to Kim for spotting it and sending me a photo! ;-)

5. I am sickeningly addicted to Candy Crush. I wish I could stop, but I enjoy the mindlessness of it. Last week I spent $10 on lives in two days. It’s an embarrassing habit and is starting to make Jorge want to throw my phone away. But I get such a high when I pass a level or get a score higher than my friends — I just can’t stop!

6. Lastly, have y’all been watching Cutthroat Kitchen? It’s new and on the Food Network. While it isn’t Top Chef, it’s is really fun to watch. For starters, God (I mean Alton Brown) hosts it. I honestly tuned in to watch just because of him, but I stuck around because I love all the sabotage! The contestants (new contestants each episode) get to sabotage each other as they cook. For instance, a guy had to cook with no utensils and another one had to make a sweet dessert version of Mac & Cheese! Oh and a girl didn’t have access to her knives — just a swiss army knife. I would have lost 3 fingers by the time I was done. No joke.

20 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Ericka — August 22, 2013 @ 7:31 am

I couldn’t help but comment… as one 25-year-old to another, I think you can rock that lipstick! We’re in Florida, it’s still summer, it’s a bright, fun color — don’t see any cons, all pros. :D Also, hope your sister enjoys FAU! I’m an alumnus from their campus in Jupiter. :)

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — August 22, 2013 @ 7:52 am

I totally think you should wear the pink lipstick. Its still Summer, especially in Florida! And you can totally pull it off!

Karly — August 22, 2013 @ 9:43 am

I think you could rock that lipstick!

Also, I love Cutthroat Kitchen! Am I the only weirdo who finds Alton completely sexy? I mean…he’s so old. And yet…I love him.

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet — August 22, 2013 @ 10:04 am

Saw the title of your post and just had to come over! Glad I found it!

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper — August 22, 2013 @ 10:09 am

Whatttt, an NSYNC reunion??? The 11 year old in me just died of happiness. Ugh, that means I might actually have to watch the VMAs. I haven’t done that in years!

Erin R. — August 22, 2013 @ 10:46 am

What a thrill to see all the hard work you put into your cookbook physically sitting on the (gas station) bookstore shelf! That probably merits a test run with the lipstick. (grin) Nothing wrong with flying it a little.

Having said that, you have my respect for being conscious of your age and acting accordingly. I’m looking down the barrel of 38 and still feel a little bit of shock when I pass a store in the mall I used to shop in fifteen years ago. Holy crap, I’m way too old for that place now! But yes, you could indeed rock your lipstick with your gorgeous smile and dimples.

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — August 22, 2013 @ 11:06 am

As someone older {not by much} and therefore wiser {definitely a lie}, I’m in agreement with others and think you could totally rock the hot pink lipstick!! I’m completely envious of the fact that you bought it. I love looking at all the colors in Sephora but never stray from my boring neutrals. On top of that, my lipstick is a tube of Burt’s Bees.

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnndddd…. NSync reunion?!?! Be still my beating heart!! I’m with you in that I never waivered from my fandom. I was all kinds of in love with them. In fact my room was covered {and I mean COVERED} in the posters from Tiger Beat and the such!!

Congrats on your dream cookbook!! That’s so awesome.

USAKiwi (Kylee) — August 22, 2013 @ 11:50 am

Re: Candy Crush
    Just quit, go to your time and date settings – set the date 3 months in advance. Close it. Reopen Candy Crush. See? 5 new lives.
    Go back out and change your time settings back to normal.
    Reopen candy crush. You still have your fresh set of lives.

Yolanda — August 22, 2013 @ 1:02 pm

LOL. I wish I could still obsess about looking too old for a lipstick at 25
    ( almost 26). I say wear what makes you happy. Life is too short.

raquel from J.C. — August 22, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

Great color! Maybe you can tone it down mixing it with a clear chapstic or try using it as a creamy blush, who knows!
    My daughter is leaving tomorrow for FSU in Tallahassee, so good luck and a great semester for my DD and your sister!!!

fishgirl182 — August 22, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

i am 34 and love neon pink lipstick. i think you can pull anything off with the right attitude.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — August 22, 2013 @ 3:43 pm

Aww, how bittersweet that your sis is off to a big, exciting college adventure! Congrats on your cookbook making it into Bucee’s too (my roadtrip heaven, naturally)! Gonna have to check out that show, too. Enjoy the rest of your week!

lesley mcquade — August 22, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

I deleted candy crush from my facebook and iphone .. I truly was addicted , but I can honestly say I didn’t spend any money on it .. just wasted too much of my life ;) Wear the lipstick girl, it will look great !

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — August 22, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

Ugggh, Candy Crush, I can’t stop either! It’s like ruining my marriage!

I read an article last night that Lance Bass confirmed those rumors about a reunion were not true on his radio show.

Jessica of My Baking Heart — August 22, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only one with a Candy Crush addiction. I resisted the temptation for so long (and even gave my little sister a lot of grief for playing it), but now I can’t stop crushin’. :D

Jeannette — August 22, 2013 @ 5:29 pm

1. WEAR THE DANG LIPSTICK!! I’m 27 and have FINALLYYYYYY gotten into the summer shades (corals, hot pinks, etc) and I can’t believe that I’ve been missing out on them for so long. Just take the leap. You’ll feel amazing and brave! and I’m positive you’ll look great!

2. My little sister starts college next week and I’m feeling the same as you. Will she be too busy for me? Will she not wanna come over for slumber parties and watch horrible horror movies with me? D:

3. Lance Bass dismissed this theory. Eff that. I’m holding out hope. I’MSOEFFINGEXCITEDICOULDDIE!!!

4. I just recently discovered Candied Jalapenos from Bucees. seriously, WHEREHAVETHESEBEENALLMYLIFE?!!

5. must… play…. candy crush!

are we on the same wavelength or what?! must be a texan thang ;)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — August 22, 2013 @ 11:27 pm

True story – as I jump on the braggin’ wagon – Alton Brown kissed me on the cheek for bringing him scones and homemade jam to a book signing here in Seattle. It’s true! Also – so proud of your cookbook!

Glo — August 25, 2013 @ 2:00 am

I just turned 51 and, no, the color is not too bright for anyone of any age as long as it works with your overall coloring. It’s not a color I would wear as it’s not my preference but I do have some colors that bother some of the “ladies” I know of my age. I wear them by blotting the color and topping off with a gloss. Enjoy! and congratulations in re to the cookbook.

Stacey — August 26, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

I feel like there is no higher honor than for one’s cookbook to grace the shelves of Buckee’s. Big Red icees and Beaver Nuggets 4LyFe, yo.

Tina | My Life as a Mrs — August 27, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

Yay for the makeup photo! I still need to visit ULTA to get everything after your awesome makeup tutorial :)