Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark*

Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark (recipe via thenovicechefblog.com)

I just found out today that Jorge is probably headed to NYC for 3 weeks. I am insanely jealous! Yes, I get to visit him for a long weekend. And yes, we are taking a trip to NYC in December again with some friends…but he will get to live there for 3 straight weeks! That’s like my dream! I don’t think I could be a full time BIG city girl, but I would be a really good part-timer.

Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark (recipe via thenovicechefblog.com)

I imagine Jorge will be eating at all the grandest places, strolling through Central Park (in Autumn people – my favorite season!!) and of course just living life like a real new yorker. I’m even jealous that he is probably going to be riding the subway or cabbing it into an office every day. I obviously have a real fever for NYC.

Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark (recipe via thenovicechefblog.com)

To make my green jealousy eyes burn a little less brightly, I figured I would make something that could give me a little bit of Fall and NYC down here in Florida. So for starters, I new I wanted to use a big red apple. I thought about making regular caramel apples…but then I got an idea for Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark. It combines all of my favorites: crisp apples, dark chocolate & chewy caramel!!

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out the recipe for these Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark that I developed for them!

23 Responses to “Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 11, 2013 @ 2:45 am

That dark chocolate is so smooooooooth. It’s calling my name!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — September 11, 2013 @ 4:40 am

Oh yum! I am an apple and dark chocolate addict. I never though of using fruit in bark before but this has to be Xmas recipe keeper!

Pam — September 11, 2013 @ 8:34 am

For starters, I knew I wanted… :-)

Tieghan — September 11, 2013 @ 8:54 am

This is so yummy looking! Your chocolate looks perfect!!

Leah | So, How's It Taste? — September 11, 2013 @ 9:41 am

This looks so good! I love the apple caramel twist to regular bark. I know what you mean about NYC. I spent a week there once and pretended like I lived there. It was awesome.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — September 11, 2013 @ 9:43 am

Seriously this is probably the best bark ever!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — September 11, 2013 @ 9:53 am

1. This looks incredible. Please have Jorge bring some to NY and hand deliver to me

2. Do not be jealous of taking the subway. Neverrrrr be jealous of that dirty smelly mess lol

3. When you visit be sure to come to the West Village, it is both my neighb and home of the best restaurants in the city. Babbo & Extra Virgin are two of my favs :)

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — September 11, 2013 @ 4:19 pm

I’m pretty jealous of Jorge too – NYC in the fall is amaze balls. What a great little fall treat!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — September 11, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

Yum! What a perfect combination of chocolate, apples and caramel.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — September 11, 2013 @ 5:56 pm

This chocolate bark is so freaking sexy – I waaaaaant it bad!

Joanne — September 11, 2013 @ 9:58 pm

Aww I wish you were coming here for three weeks so that we could totally hang out!! Somehow I don’t think hanging out with Jorge will have the same allure :P

Kelsey — September 11, 2013 @ 10:37 pm

Oh yum. Caramel, apple, and dark chocolate? Yes please.

Nicole — September 12, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

This looks divine! I am feeling some caramel apple goodness coming my way :)

ErinsFoodFiles — September 17, 2013 @ 3:20 pm

I’m jealous of Jorge too!

How to Dry Apples + 6 Uses for Dried Apples | Pocket Change Gourmet — September 18, 2013 @ 3:01 pm

[…] Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark @Dixie Crystals via The Novice Chef […]

The Novice Chef » Thoughts Too Long For Twitter. — September 19, 2013 @ 12:09 am

[…] impromptu long weekend. I am going to meet Jorge who is there for 3 weeks for work. I talked about my insane jealously already, so we don’t have to cover that again today. Anyways, I am having a real tough time deciding […]

Jamie — September 19, 2013 @ 9:05 am

Oh, this chocolate bark is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls - Crazy for Crust — September 22, 2013 @ 5:01 am

[…] from friends: Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark by The Novice Chef Apple Harvest Squares by A Family Feast Inside Out Caramel Apple Fritters by […]

25 Caramel Apple Recipes | Parties 365 — October 8, 2013 @ 1:06 pm

[…] Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark | The Novice Chef – This is probably the recipe I am trying first out of all of these because […]

Caramel Apple Chocolate Bark — December 8, 2013 @ 9:23 am

[…] For recipe visit:    thenovicechefblog.com […]

Krystle — December 17, 2013 @ 7:29 pm

Do you think that using pre-dried apple chips would work as well as freshly dried apples?

• Jessica replied: — December 20th, 2013 @ 5:40 pm

I think you could definitely use store bought apple chips!

Spencer @ Moo-Lolly-Bar — December 18, 2013 @ 12:49 am

Wow! How good does that look! What a delicious combination.