Lemon Danish*

Lemon Danish (recipe via thenovicechefblog.com)

I have been thinking about it and I think Lemons are my official favorite fruit. Which is so weird right? You don’t really eat lemons by themselves like strawberries or apples. It’s not like I just bite into a lemon! However, I use them in everything: sweets, savory dishes and even beverages (both regular and cocktails). They are a constant on my grocery produce list and never go to waste.

I use them in pasta, pies, pancakes, cookies, cocktails, donuts and tons more on this blog that I didn’t even list there. I like to make lemonade when I can get them in season and on sale (like every good southern girl). I also like to just squeeze a little in my water to change it up sometimes. If I don’t end up using them in a recipe, I like to use them in flower arrangements for a fun pop of color. And after I squeeze out all of the juice, I like to toss them down the disposal to make it smell fresh and clean.

Lemon Danish (recipe via thenovicechefblog.com)

So it should come as no surprise that my favorite breakfast danish is lemon. Sure, I like the classic cheese danishes, but I would much rather have the zing from the lemon curd with the sweet pastry. I just love the combination of sweet and tart!

This recipe couldn’t be any simpler since you use store bought puff pastry and lemon curd. Sure you can make your own lemon curd (and if you’re crazy – your own puff pastry), but it’s just so much quicker to do store bought. And when I say quick — I mean like 30 minutes total!

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out the recipe for these Lemon Danishes that I developed for them!

11 Responses to “Lemon Danish”

Eileen — September 24, 2013 @ 1:03 am

Yes to lemons! I actually have eaten them by themselves once in awhile–I used to do that with the lemons from the tree in my grandparents’ backyard when I was about ten. And I would definitely not mind a danish or two! SO GOOD.

tuesday things | Inky Twin Eats — September 24, 2013 @ 4:37 am

[…] I mean, homemade lemon danish?!  […]

Clem — September 24, 2013 @ 7:49 am

I feel exactly the same way about lemon! it’s like an obsession, to the point where I regret not including ‘lemon’ in the name of my blog :)

Tieghan — September 24, 2013 @ 8:29 am

I am just beginning to play with lemons. I used to think they were only for lemonade, but I was so wrong!!

These danishes look awesome!

Cookbook Queen — September 24, 2013 @ 8:31 am

LOVE lemon danish — these are gorgeous!!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — September 24, 2013 @ 9:42 am

We have so many lemons on our lemon tree this year. I need to save this recipe for when they ripen!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — September 24, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

Lemon desserts are my FAVORITE. I’d totally eat these for breakfast too!

Shundara@SavyNaturalista — September 24, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

Wow they are so versatile! I did not know they make such lovely flower arrangements… We will be in citrus season pretty soon in AZ so this is a great recipe!! Yummy!

Joanne — September 24, 2013 @ 10:31 pm

That lemon curd filling just gave me chills! Love it!

Nutmeg Nanny — September 26, 2013 @ 9:14 pm

How delightful :) I love lemon danishes, I can already taste it!

Lemon Cookie Bars with Pomegranate Seeds - Eat The Love — December 19, 2013 @ 2:33 am

[…] Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Blueberry Rolls with Lemon Glaze The Novice Chef’s Lemon Danish Simply Scratch Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes Cooking Classy’s Glazed Lemon Cookies Shugary […]