Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles*

Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles (via thenovicechefblog.com)

This post is being brought to you via iPhone — from a sleep deprived, red wined up, food blogger. I can’t be held accountable for anything below this point. Please send any grammar complaints directly to Apple.

Some days I feel like 24 hours in a day just isn’t enough time to do everything I need to get done. Other days I feel like the days just stretch on and on with no end in site.

Today I woke up at 4am to catch a flight to Iowa (for a press trip for Iowa Corn). It’s now 11pm at night and I’m somehow still going. It’s been a fun day filled with a winery, good food, bonfires and friends…but at this point I’m like the walking dead.

Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles (via thenovicechefblog.com)

I’m writing this post from my iPhone, because the hotel wireless is down. I need a shower. I need to unpack my clothes. I need to answer emails. And I really want a full 8 hours sleep before I go check out Iowa Corn Farms tomorrow.

So while today has been very long, I would really just like a few more extra hours. To sleep. Shower. Email. And write this post.

Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles (via thenovicechefblog.com)

Thankfully I made these truffles Monday before I left. They made the perfect airport snack! I really love the chocolate & pumpkin combination, but if that’s not your thing — feel free to swap it for white chocolate.

For a fun spin on the recipe, you could also swap graham crackers for Biscoff cookies. Biscoff Pumpkin Truffles? Yum! Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out the recipe for these Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles that I developed for them!

25 Responses to “Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles”

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 9, 2013 @ 1:19 am

omg that ‘fudgy’ texture of the pumpkin on the interior – moist, thick, and fudge-like! Looks amazing. Pinned.

And get some sleep. Easier said than done, though. I know. I am the queen of not enough hours in the day!

Mimi — October 9, 2013 @ 6:03 am

Oh wow. Why didn’t I think of these?!! Incredible!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 9, 2013 @ 7:47 am

Have fun in Iowa! :) Hotel wireless is the worst but these pumpkin truffles look amazing!

Joanne — October 9, 2013 @ 7:48 am

Hope you got some sleep, love!! And I am impressed by your iPhone posting abilities. I can barely text on my Android!

Chocolate+pumpkin = hellagood.

Cookbook Queen — October 9, 2013 @ 8:35 am

Oh my gosh…these look TOO GOOD!! Need.

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — October 9, 2013 @ 8:38 am

Love these! But who doesn’t love chocolate and pumpkin? Have fun at Iowa corn quest!

Alison @ Ingredients, inc. — October 9, 2013 @ 9:22 am

these look AMAZING

Katrina @ WVS — October 9, 2013 @ 9:46 am

I would kill for a snack like this right now! Awesome!

Cathy — October 9, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

YUM! I love truffles!! How did you get them so perfectly round?

• Jessica replied: — October 11th, 2013 @ 11:04 pm

No secret! I did exactly as I described in the directions. It’s easy to make them round once the dough is chilled! :-)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — October 9, 2013 @ 6:37 pm

Best. post. ever. Love that you got this done on the phone. And now I wish you brought these truffles with you to Iowa.

Tieghan — October 9, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

Never enough hours in the day. NEVER!!

Love these truffles and you for posting them from you phone. Incredible! Now get some sleep!

Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles | { Avec Mallory } — October 10, 2013 @ 4:34 am

[…] sure you check out the full recipe and details for these Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles by […]

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — October 10, 2013 @ 10:58 am

These look amazing! Pumpkin and chocolate is such a great combination!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — October 10, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

I’m typing this comment from 35,000 feet in the air and the internet is better than it was in that hotel!! haha I’m THRILLED to the bones that I got to spend more time with you this year!! XOXO

Monika — October 11, 2013 @ 5:40 am

Mm, these look fabulous! Thanks for the recipe! Trying it for sure.

natalie@thesweetslife — October 11, 2013 @ 11:43 pm

hope you got that sleep you wanted… if not, these look like a good energy source! ;)

Nutmeg Nanny — October 13, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

These truffles look divine!! I love this recipe :) gotta try it soon!

Marcie — October 15, 2013 @ 1:23 am

These are just gorgeous, and I love those flavors!

Nikki @Seeded at the Table — October 15, 2013 @ 10:36 pm

That hotel internet was super moody, wasn’t it!? I need a handful of these truffles now! Super fun to spend time with you in Iowa. Can’t wait to hopefully travel together again!

(By the way, you were SO right in getting to the airport early. Totally should’ve listened to you!) :) MIss you!!

Fall in Love with Pumpkins | The Dirt | DiscountFilters.com — October 18, 2013 @ 10:02 am

[…] truffles are crazy delicious and super addicting! Jessica, from The Novice Chef, developed these chocolate pumpkin truffles for Dixie Crystals. The best part is you can dip some of the truffles in white chocolate and some […]

tuesday things | Inky Twin Eats — October 22, 2013 @ 4:30 am

[…] last but certainly not least, these chocolate pumpkin truffles from the Novice Chef are so perfectly autumnal I have to try them.  I’m tempted to use […]

Elke — October 22, 2013 @ 1:24 pm

I can’t get the link to open up for me; matter of fact, the whole Dixie Crystal site seems to be down. Can somebody copy and paste the recipe for me?

Rory’s Story | rorybeca — October 30, 2013 @ 4:47 pm

[…] Drooling over these truffles. […]

Sunday Sweets: 12 Sweet Pumpkin Recipes | Whimsicle Design Studio — November 16, 2013 @ 8:29 am

[…] 6.  Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles […]