Turtle Chocolate Cookies*

Turtle Chocolate Cookies (recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com)

Candies and Cookies are my favorite things to make around Christmas. These cookies were dreamed up with my Mom in mind. She loves Turtles and I always think of her when I see them.

I happened to find a big box of Turtles on sale at Target and figured I could make them the same way we make the classic Peanut Butter Blossoms (whoooaa that’s an old post and photo).

Turtle Chocolate Cookies (recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com)

But instead of a peanut butter cookie, I did a dark chocolate cookie base. Then I smashed in a turtle as soon as the cookies came out of the oven. And for good caramel measure – I drizzled caramel on top. HEAVEN in a cookie. They are like little turtle bombs. ;-)

Turtle Chocolate Cookies (recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com)

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out this recipe I developed for Turtle Chocolate Cookies

10 Responses to “Turtle Chocolate Cookies”

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — December 18, 2013 @ 3:37 pm

do you have any idea why it’s called “Turtle”? because I totally love turtle everything but always found it to be the strangest moniker for peanut/caramel/chocolate combos. anyhoo – these look awesome! turtle on :)

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — December 18, 2013 @ 5:34 pm

That caramel drizzle – HEAVENLY! Love this whole combo, yum!!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — December 18, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

Amazing! I love any combination of caramel and chocolate!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 18, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Girl, you know me. These are an absolute dream! When I saw the thumbnail I thought they were “Turtle like”….not with actual Turtles smooshed in them!! GAH!

Sophie — December 19, 2013 @ 6:05 am

Wow, these are so tempting! I’m totally in love. Can’t wait to try!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — December 19, 2013 @ 10:16 am

These look pretty spectacular. Turtle bombs indeed!! Love.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — December 19, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

Turtle ANYTHING brings me to my knees. These are incredible cookies, Jessica! I could devour a dozen!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — December 19, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

Love everything about these turtle cookies! So good!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — December 21, 2013 @ 12:14 am

Ohmigahhhhh!! I want. Like 12. At least.

Lisa — January 31, 2014 @ 11:40 pm

Made these last night – Loved them! Kid and husband approved.