New Home Tour!*

Segarra Home 2014 sm

Oh man. Did you guys think I died? I swear I was only planning on taking a 2 week vacation over the holidays and then things went crazy. Jorge and I have been so busy lately and it seemed like I just couldn’t find my way back into the kitchen. But I am BACK and I have two delicious recipes coming your way later this week!

But first, I have some super exciting news to share…Jorge and I are under contract on our first home! We have been renting for so long now and are excited to have finally saved up enough to make our dream a reality!

Our home should be ready in April (or May at the latest) and I am so excited to finally be able to talk about it.  It’s going to have 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms, an office and a media/playroom. Don’t be surprised when my Pinterest boards start filling up with furniture ideas…we are going to have empty rooms to fill when we move in!

The photos below are of the model home. As you can see in our photo above (taken on Sunday), our actual house isn’t much to look at right now. ;-)

New Home 2014

The model home outside is a wee bit green for me, but thankfully we get to pick our own colors. I love the porch and double doors so much…and am really excited to have a professional landscaping the front and back yard. I unfortunately do not have a green thumb, but thankfully our HOA will be covering all aspects of the lawn maintenance.

kitchen

This will be my new kitchen! Every time I see it I about lose my mind. That island is what dreams are made of! My double ovens will be in a different location and we are still picking out our cabinet and granite colors — but you get a really good idea of what it will look like.

Plus, it will be a gas kitchen! This will be the first time I have had a gas kitchen since growing up in Texas!! Yahoo!

New Home 2014 2

This is the living room with the big glass windows to the patio out back. We will be doing the trey ceiling as pictured, however we will be installing a fan instead of a chandelier. As much as I would love a pretty chandelier, it gets HOT in Florida.

New Home 2014 3

Another fun view of the kitchen and living room. You can see off to the left will be a big dining area with tons of light. It’s going to look perfect with the farmhouse table my Dad and I built!

New Home 2014 4

This is the upstairs future media room/kids game room.

New Home 2014 7

This will be our Master Bathroom. We are still working on our choices for cabinets, granite and tile in this room.

New Home 2014 8

This will be the entry way. I really do love those double doors. ;-)

New Home 2014 9

And lastly, here is the master bedroom. However, our furniture is not this nice! ;-) It is going to be a slow process of getting new furniture to fit this house. I really love the big windows and am excited to have so much natural light.

And that’s all the photos I have for now! Anyone have any tips for furnishing a new house??

Thank you for sticking with me while I was missing in action these last few weeks. I promise I am back for good with new recipes starting this week!

46 Responses to “New Home Tour!”

Marjory Betchkal — January 19, 2014 @ 6:19 pm

Sounds wonderful. Welcome back. It’s fun picking things out for a new house.

Julie @ Table for Two — January 19, 2014 @ 6:27 pm

Can I move in?! Holy smokes. Your new house is going to be GORGEOUS!!

Kerri — January 19, 2014 @ 6:40 pm

woo hoo! so excited for you and jorge! :)

Kristy F. — January 19, 2014 @ 6:40 pm

That is a gorgeous kitchen & master bath! I’m jealous :)

Emily Wells — January 19, 2014 @ 6:49 pm

We’re building a house, too. Isn’t it exciting???!!! :D Our projected closing date is March 15, but they’re probably going to be finished several weeks early. Too bad we’re stuck in a lease until March. :( Do you guys go by the house often to check it out? I stop by ours about twice a week, then we go as a family on Sunday afternoon. It’s amazing the things I’ve caught/noticed that needed to be changed or moved or fixed or whatever. I can’t wait until we move!!

Dianna — January 19, 2014 @ 7:22 pm

Congratulations, Jessica! It looks like it’s going to be a beautiful home… can’t wait to see the recipes that will come out of that gorgeous kitchen & the photos that will be filled with all that natural light! :)

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — January 19, 2014 @ 7:38 pm

Congrats – That’s so exciting. Furnishing a new house is a process. When we moved from a 700 sq-ft condo in Boston to a 2000+ sq-ft house in Ohio, we had a LOT of empty space. We’ve been prioritizing and taking our time. Nearly a year later, we still have some empty rooms, but we’re ok with it…

Kristi — January 19, 2014 @ 9:01 pm

Wow! What a beautiful house!!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 19, 2014 @ 9:06 pm

Congratulations!!! So exciting!! I must come and visit. ;)

jessica lynn — January 19, 2014 @ 10:09 pm

absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulations!!!

Tieghan — January 19, 2014 @ 11:36 pm

Holy Moly! It is going to be completely gorgeous! Congrats!

Judy — January 20, 2014 @ 7:49 am

Congrats! It’s exciting buying a new home! Don’t worry about filling it, do one room at a time ;)

Traci — January 20, 2014 @ 8:14 am

Congratulations on your first home! I’ve missed the recipes, but this is HUGE news so you are totally forgiven. :) So excited for you. I love those windows.

Mimi — January 20, 2014 @ 8:28 am

Beautiful! That is some kitchen!

cassie — January 20, 2014 @ 8:47 am

It’s gorgeous! Congrats!!!

Cookbook Queen — January 20, 2014 @ 9:19 am

This is beautiful!! So so happy for you guys :)

amanda @ fake ginger — January 20, 2014 @ 9:28 am

Gorgeous! I love the entry way and how open it is!

Nikki @Seeded at the Table — January 20, 2014 @ 9:53 am

THAT kitchen!!! Wowsa! LOVE it!!! The whole house, actually. :) woop woop!!

Pam Boyd — January 20, 2014 @ 10:08 am

HOLY COW woman! That is gorgeous!!! Good for you and Jorge! I can see many happy years, wonderful recipe creations, and kids pictures on the fridge! Congratulations!!!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — January 20, 2014 @ 10:23 am

Holy gorgeous house, Batman! Congrats — can’t wait to see how it all comes together!

Leah | So, How's It Taste? — January 20, 2014 @ 11:02 am

Congrats! Love it!

Sheena — January 20, 2014 @ 12:01 pm

Wow, what a great kitchen….I would so love that one day. Where is the office?

Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles — January 20, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

YAY! Congratulations — so very exciting!!

Juliana — January 20, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

Will you please adopt me so I can live there?

Donna @The Slow Roasted Italian — January 20, 2014 @ 1:10 pm

Congrats! We bought our first home 10 years ago and are still working on decorating it. Life gets busy… LOL

Good luck. The whole house is stunning, but I am drooling over the kitchen.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — January 20, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

It’s absolutely gorgeous and I love how it will have so many windows for natural lighting.

Kelsey — January 20, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

It’s absolutely stunning. Congratulations!

Joanne — January 20, 2014 @ 3:34 pm

Congrats. It is loads of fun picking out your house accessories. To some degree I envy you but a bit of advice, make sure it is good quality and not just pretty. You want it to last and look good for a long time not start to show wear and tear after a few months. I am sure you will be a wise shopper. enjoy!

Dawn — January 20, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

Congrats! What an exciting time for you! The house is just beautiful!

Courtney @ BakeMeBetter — January 20, 2014 @ 8:13 pm

I was so worried that something bad happened to you! You’re one of my favorites–please don’t ever leave me this long again! The house looks beautiful. Congratulations!

Sarah — January 20, 2014 @ 8:20 pm

What a beautiful house! Have missed your posts and am glad to see you back.

Beth @ bethcakes — January 20, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Oh my gosh, your house looks perfect! Congratulations! Looking forward to more of your recipes soon!

Natalie — January 21, 2014 @ 12:51 am

Really wonderful. Congratulations!

Mary — January 21, 2014 @ 9:17 am

Take your time! Don’t rush into anything, live with the space if you can first. We bought all our furniture before our house was finished I have a few regrets, not many but a few. Also if you can, do a bump out at your stove, makes it look more custom. I didn’t even know that was an option and wish I had done that. There were a lot of little things that other people did in their houses in my s/d that were great ideas, would be nice if you could peek at other houses HA! Take your time deciding tile/paint/carpet colors! So exciting!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — January 21, 2014 @ 10:03 am

looks GORGEOUS. Congratulations X 1000 – me and my teeny tiny west village, nyc apartment are VERY jealous ;)

Maggie Castillo — January 21, 2014 @ 11:05 am

Beautiful house, congratulations. My tip for furnishing your beautiful home is to take your time and look at a bunch before you buy. Also, don’t buy everything at once. A lot of people get in financial trouble doing that. Be patient and eventually all will be furnished and look beautiful.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 21, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

Wow, congrats! Your house is going to be so gorgeous, how exciting!

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — January 21, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

How exciting! What a beautiful home. It’s so fun to fill it up with your style!

Krystal R. — January 21, 2014 @ 6:26 pm

What a beautiful soon to be home!! Congrats! The funnest and hardest part is decorating and filling your home, but take your time and enjoy it. Yard sales, estate sales, craigslist are great inexpensive ways to find furniture, too. We found our dining room table for free, Eric sanded, re-finished, and stained it. I love it, it’s one of our cheapest pieces of furniture!!

Jen — January 22, 2014 @ 9:58 pm

So excited for you!!!!

Deborah — January 23, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

Congrats – I can tell it’s going to be gorgeous!!

Jaclyn — January 25, 2014 @ 12:49 am

I love your master bedroom! So pretty! Congrats how exciting!

The Novice Chef » Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Spicy Mango Slaw — January 28, 2014 @ 4:56 pm

[…] since we bought the house, Jorge and I come up with new things we are excited about every day. I’m excited to get out […]

Bev @ Bev Cooks — February 4, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. This is insanity. Congratulations!

The Novice Chef » I’ve got a secret… — February 16, 2014 @ 10:03 pm

[…] um, remember when I blamed not posting for a month on buying a new house? Well, I lied. It’s more like I was so exhausted that I couldn’t make myself get into […]

The Novice Chef » Thoughts too long for Twitter. — March 18, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

[…] The new house is coming along amazingly! We close in less than a month (April 15th!) and every time we go visit […]