Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes*

Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes via www.thenovicechefblog.com

Tell me you are as into hasselback style potatoes as I am.  If you are one of the few who hasn’t had one yet — imagine a regular potato but 50 times better. They actually kind of remind me of an Outback potato if you have ever had one, because of the flavorful crispy skin and soft inside…but they are better because of the insane toppings you can add.

Sure you could add these toppings to a regularly cooked potato, but since these fan out with tons of tiny openings — all the deliciousness falls to the insides. It’s absolutely divine.

Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes via www.thenovicechefblog.com

Since February is national Potato Lover’s Month, they challenged six food bloggers from around the country to make a recipe featuring Idaho Potatoes.

Which ever recipe gets the most votes, the Idaho Potato Commission will donate 5,000 to the Meals On Wheels program in the winning blogger’s hometown, with the donation made in the blogger’s name.  You can check out the recipe here and with one quick click you can vote here!

(I want to be clear – I do not personally get anything for winning, but would love for the Tampa Meals On Wheels program to be given this generous donation!)

12 Responses to “Buffalo Hasselback Potatoes”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 25, 2014 @ 5:38 pm

I want these in my life sooooo freaking bad. YES PLEASE!

DessertForTwo — February 25, 2014 @ 6:18 pm

I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve never made hasselbacks! I roasted them once, but I just topped them with salt and pepper. Clearly, hasselbacks are meant for stuffing deliciousness inside! On the list! :)

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — February 25, 2014 @ 7:18 pm

Just voted! Because these hasselback potatoes are amazing! Love the buffalo and blue cheese flavor!

Joanne — February 25, 2014 @ 10:06 pm

Buffalo flavor is DA BOMB. So perfect on these potatoes! And yes, the hasselbacking really does make a difference!

Mimi — February 26, 2014 @ 8:52 am

These look so fun! And delicious!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — February 26, 2014 @ 1:51 pm

Love all of the flavor combos you can make with hasselbacks! These potatoes look amazing!

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — February 26, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

I’m one of those freaks who has NEVER had one!! omg I definitely need to start, I absolutely love how these look!

Debbie Bonvillian — February 26, 2014 @ 9:22 pm

Could not access the recipe.

Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats — February 26, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

Ok, totally need to get on the hasselback potato band wagon. I am ashamed to say that I have not tried them yet, but girl.. you’ve got me thinking and I’m totally gonna do it. Starting with this bad boy version. YUM… my husband will love me forever with this. Pinned!

Natalie @ Paper & Birch — February 27, 2014 @ 11:49 am

I’ve never heard of a hasselback potato, but I’m definitely a fan from looking at those pictures!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — February 27, 2014 @ 12:15 pm

These have got my vote, for sure! Does baby count, too? I think she’d LOOOOVEEE her some buffalo potatoes. I better find out for certain and cook these up! ;)

Lauren — March 2, 2014 @ 1:23 am

Oh man, I need these in my life!!