Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee*

20140227-225203.jpg

One of the hardest parts about being pregnant (well besides my cravings for beer) is the cutdown on caffeine. Notice I didn’t say cut out – I am not that strong.

I bought decaf tea for my iced tea and I allow myself one mini soda (those adorable mini 8 oz cans) a day. I figure it’s only 21 mg of caffeine…divided by 2 babies. Heck – I probably get more caffeine from chocolate milkshakes. ;-)

20140227-225314.jpg

But on a long work day or a day where I really just crave my fix, I have a special Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee. My doctor told me a cup of coffee is a-ok…but I wonder if he knows how strong I like it! Just kidding…well, kind of.

This is my favorite way to make iced coffee. It’s easy and stores in the fridge for up to a week. Lately I have been making super small batches, but normally one batch will last me a week. Perfect to make ahead on Sunday to save yourself the $5 trip through Starbucks!

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out this recipe I developed for Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee!

17 Responses to “Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee”

Natalie @ Paper & Birch — February 28, 2014 @ 12:28 pm

Wow, Jessica this looks perfect to kick my butt in gear this morning! Thanks for sharing this :)

Danae @ reciperunner — February 28, 2014 @ 5:47 pm

I love vanilla and cinnamon in my coffee, this will be so good in the summer!

DessertForTwo — February 28, 2014 @ 6:31 pm

I’m cracking up that you’re dividing your caffeine consumption between both babies! I love it! Whatever works!
    Off to check out this gorgeous recipe! :)

Lisa — February 28, 2014 @ 11:02 pm

I started a batch this morning as soon as I saw it. My daughter and I just tried it – perfection! She even told me it was better than her favorite Starbucks iced coffee! Thanks!!

Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is — March 1, 2014 @ 6:55 am

[…] vanilla cinnamon iced coffee. […]

It’s the Linkin’ Weekend! — March 1, 2014 @ 9:55 am

[…] I wanna wash those cookies down with one of these! PS A big congrats to Jessica and her […]

Currently Crushing On. | pinmeplease — March 1, 2014 @ 9:01 pm

[…] vanilla cinnamon iced coffee. […]

Joanne — March 2, 2014 @ 9:44 am

I already know I won’t be able to give up coffee when pregnant…cut down, maybe, but give up – NEVER! Love the sound of this!

ATasteOfMadness — March 2, 2014 @ 11:30 pm

That definitely sounds hard. Giving up caffeine would be torture for me!
    I would love to save myself $5 at Starbucks with this. This looks divine!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — March 4, 2014 @ 10:25 pm

I know that coffee will be my downfall when I’m preggo. I better slurp this while I can!! Serve it up – in a BIG mason jar!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — March 5, 2014 @ 10:51 pm

It will be so hard for me not to have my coffee! This looks so yummy and addicting!

wendy@chezchloe — March 21, 2014 @ 12:02 am

I’m on a serious cold brew coffee kick with homemade almond milk and could very well do a little cinnamon adaptation. Great idea!

Theresa Allen — March 31, 2014 @ 1:15 am

i know you posted this awhile ago, but i’ve just stumbled across your blog and knew i had to comment as soon as i started reading! also, it’s finally starting to warm up where i am, aka make the switch to iced coffee – perfect! anyways, when you said the caffeine is divided between 2 babies, i got so excited because i am also expecting twins!!! and from poking around on your blog, it looks like you are due in august, same as me! now that i’ve sufficiently gushed and used an excessive number of exclamation points, i’ll wrap this up. but wanted you to know you have a new reader and fellow expectant twin mama :)

Nancy Clair — April 2, 2014 @ 6:45 am

New to TNC and how creative she is. Love her recipes. Enjoy your pregnancy, the end of it will bring unmitigated joy that will last a lifetime.

long time no blog // weekending randomness | xoxo, brittany charis — April 18, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

[…] Vanilla cinnamon iced coffee recipe – I’ve been really wanting to try this!  […]

10 Coffee Recipes For Coffee Lovers - Reach Your Peak — July 28, 2014 @ 11:38 am

[…] Wild Blueberry Iced Coffee (Cooking With Books) Cold Brewed Iced Coffee (Smitten Kitchen) Vanilla Cinnamon Iced Coffee (The Novice […]

Kealy — August 20, 2014 @ 8:23 am

Try cold brewing Cinnamon Vanilla Nut coffee (Target), and making it with hazelnut creamer and milk. It’s DIVINE!!