Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

Coconut Cream Pie

1. Pregnancy cravings have been really weird and strange for me. I rarely have an actual craving, but when I do, I must have it RIGHT then. If I have to wait more than an hour or two, to get the item that I am craving, I no longer want it. It’s a now or never thing. Earlier this week, I had to have Coconut Cream Pie. HAD TO HAVE IT. Bought this one at Publix, had one small slice and was totally over it. These girls are already making me crazy.

2. I have really tried to minimize my travel this year. We are buying our first home and having twins. I have so much to do here at home already that I decided I would majorly cut back. That was all fine and dandy…until today. Today, Jorge is flying to Puerto Rico for a long weekend. He is speaking at a conference there, but in his downtime he will have his toes in the sand and be eating all the delicious food that I love. I was supposed to go with him on this trip…and right about now I would have been sipping a Piña Colada and eating fried deliciousness. Instead I am at home working. It sucks.

Kitchen 5

3. Speaking of the new house, LOOK! It’s almost done! I am so excited to get in there and put some paint on the walls and make it my own. Our final walkthrough is next Friday and then we close (and move) the friday after that. In case you didn’t catch that — we move in two weeks. I haven’t bought a single box or packed a single thing. Oopsies.

4. While I may not have packed anything, I did haul four big black trash bags full of clothes and shoes to the Goodwill for donation. It’s seriously embarrassing how much crap I had that I never wore. Next up for a massive clean out is my prop room and my makeup/hair stuff. You would think the makeup/hair stuff would be quick and easy…but I have drawers and drawers of lotions and potions. Anyone looking for half used bottles of bath & body works stuff?? I have enough or everyone!

5. P.S. Now that my closet is so clean and empty, I’m really thinking I should go get this new Michael Kors bag. Or do I maybe want it in the satchel size?? Decisions, decisions. (Don’t worry Jorge, I’m not really going to go buy it. At least I probably won’t. Maybe.)

Girl's Outfits

6. While I have been saving money on traveling and not buying that new purse for myself, I have found a few amazing sales on baby clothes. I have been taking so many pictures of baby clothes that the cats have even started to get jealous of the clothing…we are going to be in big trouble come August. The outfits above actually came from my darling friend (and soon to be my three doors down neighbor) Kerri.  Skinny jeans and baby trench coats…Lyla & Ellie are going to be two styling babies!

7. On a totally unrelated note, I watched that new sitcom Friends With Better Lives the other day and I really liked it! I will be the first to admit it – I watch a lot of sitcoms. I like to laugh and I can totally commit to a 30 minute show. I really missed James Van Der Beek being on my television weekly and I am excited he is back. I wasn’t a huge Dawson’s Creek fangirl, but I absolutely LOVED him on B in Apartment 23. If you didn’t watch that show, it’s on Netflix now and it’s hysterical. I still turn it on when I want background noise to cooking or cleaning.

Brody & Benny

8. I am going to leave you with this ridiuclous photo of Brody & Benny. Their squishy faces kill me.

13 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — April 10, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

The B in Apartment 23 was soooo funny. I was sad that it got cancelled!

• Jessica replied: — April 10th, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

I know! 2 seasons was not enough!

Natalie @ Paper & Birch — April 10, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I PVR’d that show, but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. I loved both Dawson’s Creek & Apartment 23. Super stoked you like the new one. Gonna have to try and watch it tonight! :)

• Jessica replied: — April 10th, 2014 @ 7:58 pm

You have to email me (or tweet me) what you think!! ;-)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — April 10, 2014 @ 6:20 pm

Gah!! Babies and a new houuuuuse. So excited for you girl. Saving money sucks, but is so worth it when you get what you want in the end :)

Suzie DeWulf — April 11, 2014 @ 9:12 am

Just an idea, but alal the half bottles of lotions and stuff could be of great use at a homeless or womens shelter in your area. Love your pet pic!

Shannon — April 11, 2014 @ 10:09 am

I hope you treated yourself to the MK bag as compensation for missing the Puerto Rico trip:)

Beth — April 11, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

Ugh… now I want Publix Key Lime Pie….. like NOW!!!! Too bad I dont live anywhere near a Publix anymore. :( I could instantly tell by your photo that it was a Publix pie… ;)

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — April 11, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

really enjoyed the preggo cravings update, it’s funny to see what happens to us bloggers when we’ve got a bun in our ovens. and omg 1- die for your kitchen and 2- die DIE for those heart covered jeans!! too cute for words sista :)

Erin R. — April 11, 2014 @ 10:10 pm

Holy god, I know what you know about the cleaning out. We just moved last summer and I had, fortuitously, given our old house a good going over the previous year. I was ruthless with every closet, drawer and cupboard in that place. Then when it came time to pack up and move, I STILL had a huge ton of stuff in that house! It’s incredible! But you’ll get it. You’ll love being in your brand new very own house, and you’ll have time to settle in before your little girls get here. Have fun!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 14, 2014 @ 11:08 pm

I want to squish myself right into the middle of that furry cuddle puddle. Those two just slay me!!!

Jen — April 17, 2014 @ 11:30 am

I only wish pregnancy cravings went away after you give birth! I swear they ruin you for life.

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — April 21, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

I’m a fan of that show too!

Good luck with the move! We got into our new house in November and still have nothing on the walls! oops!