Raspberry Nutella Crepes*

Raspberry Nutella Crepes recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com

Jorge took French in high school and went on a class trip to France. He insists on pronouncing crepe weird. I keep telling him this is America and how we say it is just fine. He just rolls his eyes at me and continues to say it like the French do.

No matter how you say it, I love crepes. I first fell in love with crepes about 8 years ago. I hadn’t had much experience with them before that, but once I had a warm crepe stuffed with nutella and some kind of fruit…well, there was no turning back.

Raspberry Nutella Crepes recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com

My mom has a handy dandy crepe maker. It makes making crepes a BREEZE. I do not have one and had to use the old school method with a skillet. I burned some of mine and it’s really hard to get the batter even in a regular pan.

After the twins come in August, I think Jorge and I are going to start having Crepe Sundays. We usually like to go out to brunch on Sundays, but that won’t really be feasible once the girls are here! Either way, I plan on getting my own crepe maker to ease the process. Think people would look at me funny if I added one to my amazon baby registry?? ;-)

Head on over to Dixie Cyrstals to check out this recipe I developed for these Raspberry Nutella Crepes!

12 Responses to “Raspberry Nutella Crepes”

Librarian Lavender — May 21, 2014 @ 6:56 pm

Who wouldn’t love these crepes? Babies need a happy mother, so putting the crepe maker on your list is perfectly justifiable!

Baby June — May 21, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

Those look awesome! I love crepes, but raspberry and nutella would put them over the top. :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 21, 2014 @ 9:09 pm

I love crepes with every fibre of my being. Same with Nutella…..essentially, I love these.

Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen — May 22, 2014 @ 12:04 am

These crepes look like a dessert to impress! Love the raspberry and Nutella combo! Twins? Congratulations! My sister has almost 3-year-old twin girls. The early stages were obviously very challenging, but so fun too! They are getting to the point where it’s almost easier to have two because they play together so well. :)

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — May 22, 2014 @ 8:36 am

I think I need to start a crepe Sunday at my house, too! These look amazing!

Amanda — May 22, 2014 @ 10:30 am

I wish I could start every morning with one of these babies!

Cookbook Queen — May 22, 2014 @ 11:04 am

Ain’t nobody got time for fancy accents. What, does he think he’s Giada up in here, with his selective accent usage ;) Love the gorgeous crepes, Jessica!!

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — May 22, 2014 @ 11:56 am

Sign me up- certified nutella addict here! Sooooo yummy! I have had it in a crepe, but not with raspberries!

Sues — May 22, 2014 @ 12:59 pm

You should totally add a crepe maker to your registry :) It’s imperative to your happiness and therefore your babies. Also, these look GORGEOUS!

Nikki @Seeded at the Table — May 23, 2014 @ 4:04 pm

HAHA! I love Kristan’s comment above (especially referencing Giada..and totally agree). But, can you please post a video of Jorge saying “crepe” because I really want to just chuckle a bit. ;) I really want one of your crepes though!! Looks wonderful!!

yellowfish — May 23, 2014 @ 10:59 pm

I love crepes, but have never been brave enough to try to make them myself! Although, now that I’ve considered a raspberry nutella combo maybe I have to do it!

Steam Carpet Cleaning Battersea — May 26, 2014 @ 7:14 am

WOW, this looks killing delicious! I love absolutely everything in this recipe. Pinned! Thanks!