Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

Backyard Sunrise via www.thenovicechefblog.com

1. I am not a morning person. I am a late night/sleep in kind of person. However the two little ladies inside my stomach have decided that I am a morning person…or by god they are going to make me one! I woke up at 3 am yesterday morning with killer heartburn. I think by the time they finally come I am going to be literally breathing fire. At least I got to see this gorgeous sunrise from my backyard?

Mr. DIY

2. I know I promised kitchen photos this week, but we just aren’t fully ready yet. As you can see, we are still working on painting and Jorge has been busy hanging pendant lights for me. He’s turned into a pretty cute Mr. Fix-it. He’s hung all our fans and lighting so far!

3. We are also still working on finishing up painting. That color is the same Dapper Tan from last week — I truly am in love with that color! Also, there was a screw up with my hood and the builder is supposed to be replacing it early next week. So I promise, the photos are coming! Soon!!

Ellie & Lyla's Nursery via www.thenovicechefblog.com

4. I got busy last week and painted the nursery in Kiwi Squeeze by Behr. I am working on the bedding and still have to refinish their cribs, but it’s coming along! I also found an adorable idea on pinterest to use pom poms & lanterns for a mobile. I ordered mine off Etsy last week and I hope I can get it to look like what I have pictured in my head…however pinterest always makes me think everything looks easier than it really is.

P.S. Don’t you love how my assistant was too busy sunbathing to actually help paint?

Cherry Coffee Cake

5. Thursday I had a doctors appointment to get a growth ultrasound done and my glucose test for gestational diabetes. Right before I left for my appointment I had a big slice of Cherry Coffee Cake. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t a smart idea, but it sure was delicious.

In spite of my fabulous nutrition, we got some wonderful news — the girls are both measuring BIG. I have been really concerned since the beginning with getting them to grow strong and healthy. With twins naturally coming so early, they are almost always on the smaller size. The last thing we would want is to see them head off to the NICU, so Jorge and I are beyond thrilled with the good news!

Baby Gifts!

6. Speaking of the girls, I can’t believe how soon they will be here! We are talking less than 80 days now people! WHOA. We have been so incredibly blessed lately by the outpouring of love Ellie & Lyla are already receiving. They are our two little miracle babies and it seems they have already won over everyone else’s hearts as well. I’m pretty sure that won’t stop any time soon since the ultrasound tech commented how chubby their cheeks already are.

7. We finally finished registering at Babies R Us and Amazon for the upcoming shower last weekend. We were shocked to start receiving gifts from all over the country from people who weren’t even sent our registries. Above was an awesome gift from Dixie Crystals that arrived today. I was so surprised when I opened the package and found a gift from them. I absolutely love working with Dixie Crystals and this just proves why — they always go above and beyond!

8. Oh and while we are talking about registries – dang is Babies R Us expensive! Almost everything we registered for was on Amazon for cheaper. And on top of that, Amazon had a bigger selection of things to choose from! This is the exact reason why I am a proud Amazon Prime card holding member…and why the delivery guys know my name. ;-)

Brody May 2014 via www.thenovicechefblog.com

9. I’m leaving you with another snuggly animal photo again. They just make me happy.

11 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Jolene — May 31, 2014 @ 12:43 am

That sunrise is stunning! And I’m loving that mint green for the girl’s room!

Susie — May 31, 2014 @ 12:45 am

I love those pendant lights! Can’t wait to see the whole kitchen. Plus, a man working with tools is always hot! ;-)

Kimberly S. — May 31, 2014 @ 1:15 am

Is that a headboard behind your adorable pup? I really love it!

Kate S — May 31, 2014 @ 7:24 am

Wonderful pictures…. I think with twins, you kinda need to be a morning person… your sweeties are doing a good job training you… Years ago, we ended up with my sister’s dog. They had a baby and were transfered out of the country. Between my BIL’s swing shifts and sister’s breastfeeding… that darn sweet dog was used to being up & down all night long.. Took a while to retrain him to sleep for longer periods…

Denise @addicted2recipe — May 31, 2014 @ 12:35 pm

I’m with you in being a night owl. Now that my niece and nephews are 14 they are night owls but it was hard at times getting up early with them in the beginning. But then you see those smiles and it’s all worth it. Congrats on everything!

Lauren — May 31, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

I’m so excited to see those chubby little girls!! Ahh!!! Also, what kind of granite do you have? It looks exactly like ours!

Erin R. — May 31, 2014 @ 3:19 pm

I agree with Susie. As one married lady to another, your husband is hot. :)

And don’t you LOVE finally having your very own house you can do whatever you want with and make it exactly the way you want? We just got our new house last August and I now have my very first (small) garden, which I have looked forward to for years. I’m having so much fun with my little crops. I really love your kiwi paint. Such a cheerful but not overpowering color for your little babies’ room.

Brandi — May 31, 2014 @ 3:55 pm

It’s so nice that Dixie sent you a baby gift.

I just had a baby boy 6 months ago so I will let you know that babies r us will price match Amazon prices.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — June 1, 2014 @ 9:33 am

So happy to hear that the girls are growing big and strong. What great news! I get nervous for every ultrasound and it is always such a relief when things are good.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — June 3, 2014 @ 8:53 am

I am so beyond in heart with those two little girls. I mean c’mon they’re going to be dotted on like there is no tomorrow. Not to mention I love these posts, because I am taking notes so when I have to worry about registering for a little Cleaver, I’m going straight to Amazon haha

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — June 19, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

80 days?!? How did that happen?!?! Can’t wait for their arrivals!!