We moved!*

House in progress! (www.thenovicechefblog.com)

It’s official — we moved into our new house! It has been quite a journey to get here, but we are so excited to finally be in our new home. I promise to get photos with my real camera soon, but for now all I have is my iPhone. To be honest, I’m not even sure where my camera is right now! Whoops!

House in progress! (www.thenovicechefblog.com)

With a lot of help from my awesome family and friend/future neighbor Kerri, we have already started painting! We still have to paint the ceiling tan (will be leaving the crown molding white to pop), hang the television on the wall and sooooo much more little things….but I just couldn’t wait to share how it’s looking. I am obsessed with the bright pops of coral!

House in progress! (www.thenovicechefblog.com)

Here is a closer up view of the archway — so you can see the color.

Both the tan and coral are Glidden colors, however I had them color match with the premium Behr paint from Home Depot. At $33 a gallon and only needing one coat…you just can’t beat it! The tan color is called Dapper Tan and the coral is Ripe Apricot.

GE Refridgerator Cafe Series

Our new GE refrigerator got delivered last week and I was so excited I couldn’t stop snapping pictures. The poor delivery guys thought I was absolutely insane. Stay tuned next week for a whole post about my new kitchen and fridge! ;-)

House in progress! (www.thenovicechefblog.com)

Oh and during this crazy move, I also offered to host for Mother’s Day with both of our Moms. 24 weeks pregnant with twins and just moved 3 days before? Ya, I am officially crazy.

But it went really well and I made an easy dinner of roasted lemon chickens. I just winged it, but it was really delicious — I promise to make it again soon so I can share the recipe!

Jorge bought me those gorgeous flowers above for my pre-Mother’s Day. It’s crazy to imagine that this time next year I will have two 9 month old baby girls. I can’t even wrap my mind around it!

House in progress! (www.thenovicechefblog.com)

It’s been a long, long two weeks of packing and unpacking. We still have a lot more to go (like finding things to fill up this giant house!!), but I am so excited to finally be a homeowner.

Stay tuned for a post about the kitchen next week! And then before too long — a nursery update! :-)

17 Responses to “We moved!”

Cathy — May 13, 2014 @ 12:42 pm

I LOVE your new place. It is GORGEOUS!! You did a great job with the decorating already. Good luck and ENJOY! =D

Sues — May 13, 2014 @ 1:06 pm

HUGE congratulations!! Your house is absolutely beautiful and I’m swooning over your kitchen (and blue door!!). I’m in the process of buying a house (fingers crossed for an easy closing) and I’m out of my mind with excitement. But building from scratch must be a personal dream come true!

Denise | addicted2recipes — May 13, 2014 @ 1:15 pm

Congratulations! The house looks beautiful and I love those colors!

Rachel — May 13, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

Love it! It’s so beautiful. Congrats on all the exciting changes! I’m 24 weeks pregnant too with my first and we recently relocated to Atlanta. Currently living with my parents while we house hunt. Excited to be settled soon enough with a little babe in tow!

Kitty @ The Foodies' Kitchen — May 13, 2014 @ 4:38 pm

Congratulations on the move! The house is gorgeous!

Dustin Mueller — May 13, 2014 @ 5:04 pm

I almost want to say you should let Jorge add some “Police Box” touches to the front door…But you’ve got a beautiful home – congratulations!

Koko @ Koko Likes — May 13, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

CONGRATS!!

Marilyn Tippett — May 14, 2014 @ 9:48 am

What fun to find just the right place for everything in your beautiful house. My daughter says it’s like getting a new wallet. Congratulations.

Geri Salat — May 14, 2014 @ 9:50 am

Beautiful! Love your fresh decor with your color choices. Best of everything.

Janice — May 14, 2014 @ 10:47 am

Congratulations on your twins and your new home! I’m proud and happy for you and your new family! The house is absolute beautiful, very nice. I love your kitchen with the earth tone colors and the ripe apricot color! Wish you the best!

wendyb964 — May 14, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

Congrats on all that’s going on! What an exciting new journey you are experiencing. My son and DIL moved into their 2nd house 7 days before their wedding. Only about 30 out of town guests were also going to crash at their place. It’s nuts, but sometimes the more we do, the more we CAN do. Even if everything isn’t just perfect, please take some time now to enjoy, count your blessings, and give your loved ones a great big hug. #familyfirst

Sophia @ NY Foodgasm — May 15, 2014 @ 11:00 am

Congrats!!! OMG soooo jealous, the house is gorgeous! I have an old home and it still needs lots of work and lots of love.

Jen — May 15, 2014 @ 10:23 pm

Congratulations! The color totally suits you!

The Novice Chef » Banana Nut Bread Granola — May 18, 2014 @ 8:00 pm

[…] you all know, since it is all I can talk about, we moved last weekend. And my new office/photo room/prop room is literally right off the kitchen. There is a […]

megan — May 19, 2014 @ 2:02 pm

Your house looks great!! Do you know what color blue your front door is painted? I’m obsessed with painting my front door blue and am looking for the perfect shade!

Mollie @Sprinkles of Life — May 30, 2014 @ 12:47 pm

Love it! We have the same fridge! :) We moved into our newly built house last fall and there’s still so many little things to do. Hopefully this summer we’ll finally get some stuff on the walls. Can’t wait to see more pics!

The Novice Chef » Thoughts too long for Twitter. — May 30, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

[…] We are also still working on finishing up painting. That color is the same Dapper Tan from last week — I truly am in love with that color! Also, there was a screw up with my hood […]