Watermelon Salsa*

Watermelon Salsa recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com

55 days until these ladies are here (if they don’t decide to come sooner on their own) and the countdown is officially ON. Some people turn into glorious pregnant people…I have turned into a pregnant monster these last few weeks. I can’t sleep. I have the concentration capacity of a gnat. I have so much heartburn. I think everyone should just start calling me Katniss Everdeen, because I feel like I am literally the girl on fire.

I also forget everything. Yesterday I was checking out at Publix and kept the cupcakes I was buying under my arm. The checkout girl was all judgmental thinking I was trying to sneak out of paying for them, but I honestly didn’t even remember picking them up. They were total impulse purchase cupcakes. I also left the dog outside for half an hour this morning…no idea how I forgot him outside. Thankfully he just sat by the door and waited for me to remember him. Poor Brody.

Watermelon Salsa recipe via www.thenovicechefblog.com

The only thing I am good at lately is eating. I haven’t been able to eat much in one sitting since I got pregnant. I never had morning sickness (thank you pregnancy gods!), but I was never able to eat more than a few bites every few hours. Until last week. Last week I started eating like a cow. No seriously, just like a cow. My mouth never stops chewing — I’m constantly grazing.

I have been trying to keep healthy foods around for my constant hunger and that is where this Watermelon Salsa comes in. It’s so fresh and full of Summer flavors. I have been eating it with pita chips, but I can just imagine how good it would be with a white flaky fish as well.

Head on over to Dixie Crystals to check out this recipe I developed for Watermelon Salsa!

10 Responses to “Watermelon Salsa”

Sues — June 23, 2014 @ 8:11 am

This is glorious.Totally refreshing and summery and I’d eat it with a spoon. Hoping the last days of your pregnancy get a bit more comfy :)

Cookbook Queen — June 23, 2014 @ 8:13 am

Poor girl, Summer pregnancy is the worst. I was bad with one…I can’t imagine TWO!! You have every right to eat and forget whatever you want!! :)

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — June 23, 2014 @ 8:46 am

YUM — I adore watermelon in salsa! This looks so refreshing!

Mimi — June 23, 2014 @ 9:25 am

Very nice! I love watermelon and cilantro together!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 23, 2014 @ 10:12 am

This salsa looks so good! Pinned :) I love fruity salsas!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — June 23, 2014 @ 10:36 am

The perfect sweet and spicy salsa for summer!

Erin R. — June 23, 2014 @ 9:56 pm

Ha ha! Trying to sneak out of the store with the cupcakes IN PLAIN VIEW right after paying for everything else in your basket? Ha! Take a hike, checkout girl. (head shaking) She obviously has a perfect brain that never forgets anything.

Christine from Cook the Story — June 24, 2014 @ 9:42 am

I can’t think of a better summer side dish than this!

Nikki @Seeded at the Table — June 25, 2014 @ 12:07 pm

You’re almost there! :) Cracking up that you’re calling yourself Katniss!

Eva — June 27, 2014 @ 4:36 am

Looks great! All the best with these last weeks of pregnancy. Nearly there now… I had a lot of heartburn in my last weeks also – Gaviscon helped me through the day (I don’t know if it’s the same name in the States, I’m from Belgium). I had a bottle near my bed and one in the car :-).