Thoughts too long for Twitter.*

HoeCakes (Pancakes made with cornmeal & buttermilk)

1. Jorge and I spent all day Sunday relaxing. We slept in, I made hoecakes for the 50th time, and we watched a fair amount of television. It was glorious.

2. I have been craving P.F. Changs every day, all day. There are much more authentic local restaurants in Tampa that we normally go to…but all I want is P.F. Changs Sichuan Beef (spicy, crispy fried beef? YES, PLEASE) and their fried banana dessert.  We thankfully live 30 minutes (one way) from a P.F. Changs, so I have only been able to give in to my craving once. If it was just a little closer, I’m pretty sure I would be there every day for lunch.

baby shower

3. Two weekends ago, a couple of my wonderful girlfriends got together and planned a beautiful baby shower for me. I barely got ANY photos during the shower, but thankfully I got at least one quick iPhone photo at the end of my mom, me and sister. I felt like a terrible blogger once I realized the shower was over and I never brought out my camera. We were all just in the moment having too much fun, but great memories are better than pictures anyways right?

4. Speaking of the twins, the countdown on my phone says 46 days until Ellie and Lyla make their grand appearance! Of course, that is if they stick to the doctors plans and don’t arrive early. Jorge and I are as ready as we could possibly try to be…now we just need these girls to show up!!

Fluffernutter Ritz Sandwich

5. New favorite snack: two ritz crackers, big smear of peanut butter and a giant spoonful of marshmallow fluff. It’s like a fluffernutter, but better since the Ritz are salty. I have gone through 2 jars of marshmallow fluff in 3 weeks. It’s getting embarrassing.

P.S. That is Gelish Shake It Till You Samba with Harmony Fields glitter on top. I’m still DIY-ing my gel nails and I have only gotten better at it. You can see from those photos in 2012 that sometimes I was putting it on a little to thick, but once I really learned to do thin layers — it rocks. They now last me almost 2 full weeks and the cost is SO much cheaper than a salon. I still have the first two bottles of top/base polishes that I bought in 2012. Crazy how much cheaper it is to do yourself!

Brody the Peanut Butter Lover

6. Brody has been thrilled with my latest ritz sandwich addiction, because he has been getting peanut butter stuffed into his kong much more often. He’s such a goofy pup! I have been spoiling him a little extra lately — since his days as only “child” are numbered. ;-)

7. Lastly, I would love some recommendations on some books to read! I have been on couch arrest lately and am running out of tv shows to watch and my kindle is now empty. So please share, What good books have you read lately??

19 Responses to “Thoughts too long for Twitter.”

Kerri — July 1, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

i die for those fluffernutters. i’ll be right over. ;)

Denise | addicted2recipes — July 1, 2014 @ 12:54 pm

I can’t believe you have only 46 days left til your girls get here! Wow it will be here so fast!

On books, the last ones I’ve read and loved are: The One and Only, Mrs. Perfect, Gone Girl, and of course, The Fault in Our Stars. Waiting on the new Jennifer Weiner book at the library now.

Malorye — July 1, 2014 @ 1:08 pm

Marshmallow Fluff makes everything better :) When I was pregnant with munchkin, I read “Belly Laughs” probably 5 times. Such a great book!!

Natalie @ Paper & Birch — July 1, 2014 @ 2:06 pm

Wow, 46 days already?! You look fantastic :) Oooh, Marshmallow fluff is a dangerous thing in our household!

shelby — July 1, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

I’ve read lots of books lately!

Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Redfearn
    The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
    You Knew Me When by Emily Liebert
    Whee We Belong by Catherine Ryan Hyde
    Gemini by Carol Cassella

Not sure if you use Goodreads, but here’s a link to my profile: I have bookshelves for favorites, books I’ve read this year, last year, etc.

I’m totally going to try your Ritz fluffernutters! Great idea!

Melissa D. — July 1, 2014 @ 2:37 pm

If you are looking for a light, easy read, Emily Giffin’s books are enjoyable! And, some are baby related too! :)

Karen — July 1, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

One of the best books for you and your whole family to read is:

The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz

This book will also prep you for being a fantastic parent as well as human being. Good luck with those babies!!!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — July 1, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

I need those hoecakes in my life RIGHT NOW!! Annnnnd love the picture of you and your gals! Babies are on their waaaaaaaay!

Lastly, I have a few recommendations for you book-wise: (1) Wild by Cheryl Strayed, (2) A long way down by Nick Hornby, (3) Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson, (4) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and (5) Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O’Neill.

Stephanie — July 1, 2014 @ 4:36 pm

One of my favorite books (not literary at all- not that it’s badly written though) is The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz- I highly recommend it. It a series- so make sure you grab the 1st one. http://lisalutz.com/books/

Your pup is super cute!

DeAnna Novak — July 2, 2014 @ 9:36 am

OMG! Brody. Made me and George laugh. He’s adorbs. George thinks your mom is hot. LOL!

Marilyn Tippett — July 2, 2014 @ 9:56 am

My favorite books that I read this past year are The Goldfinch, Unbroken, and Defending Jacob. Happy reading!

Marjory Betchkal — July 2, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

46 more days, that is wonderful. Soon you will be holding them in your arms.

I will stay away from the marshmallow fluff, i might as well sit on it, that would be where it would end up.

I read, on the recomendation of my daughter. She told me, Mom you will like it because you are a cancer survivor, “The Fault in our Stars” It was good, made me cry, then she and I went to the movie together.

Xtine — July 2, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

Outlander, Outlander, Outlander, Outlander, I can’t say it enough! By Diana Gabaldon it’ll be the show of the summer too, coming to Starz in August!

Desiree — July 2, 2014 @ 6:35 pm

Have you read, “It Sucked and Then I Cried”? I read it for a Sociology class, its a fun book about pregnancy! I’ve never been pregnant but I LOVED it! You should totally check it out :) I found a link for it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Sucked-Then-Cried-Breakdown-Margarita/dp/1439171505

Lucy — July 2, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

The Light Between Oceans
    Where’d You Go Bernadette?
    The Husband’s Secret
    The Boys in the Boat
    A Vintage Affair

Erin R. — July 3, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Look how beautiful you are! That dress is incredible.

I just finished Natchez Burning and it was fantastic. Quite heavy, and the ending was kind of abrupt, but a really great book if you’re looking for something nice and long to last you awhile.

Rachel Cooks — July 3, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

You, your mom and your sister are all so gorgeous! You’re going to have some good looking little babies!

I’m terrible at taking pictures at events too. Terrible blogger or not, I enjoy it more when I don’t worry about snapping the perfect photo all night long.

Claudia jorge — July 8, 2014 @ 9:05 pm

I LOVED ” Great with child” by Beth Flenelly! It is such a beautiful book about friendship and motherhood!
    I also read “This is were I leave you” by Jonathan Trooper (he also wrote “how to talk to a widower”… Pretty great and funny and not at all pregnancy related) and loved it.
    “brain rules for babies” was also an amazing book I read and it helped a lot with my daughter (still does at 14 months)…
    Have fun!

Krystal — July 9, 2014 @ 1:45 am

Gorgeous!!

I’m catching up on my reading and enjoying Gone Girl right now.