Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Ah! I made y’all a video to show how crazy easy this Caramel Apple Dump Cake really is. Look at that caramel drizzle…I am in love.
I have made this twice in one week. No, I’m not kidding. Yes, my jeans are a little tight now that you mention it — thanks for reminding me. Healthy dinners for the rest of the week, I swear.
The first time I made this Caramel Apple Dump Cake it was a recipe experiment. I have made many dump cakes in the past, but I have never added caramel to it and wasn’t sure how it would work out. Would it sink to the bottom and burn? I wasn’t sure.
Then I made it and it was absolute perfection. Jorge literally talked about it for two straight days. He said it was one of the best desserts I have made in a long time and he begged me to make it again on Sunday for a neighborhood party.
This cake was a huge hit at the party and a lot of our guests came up asking me for the recipe. I felt a little embarrassed to admit how easy it was to make! You literally just dump everything into a pan and bake it. It could not be any easier!
The cake by itself is great, but you add some vanilla ice cream and warm rich caramel sauce on top and it’s phenomenal. You can make this with any canned pie filling, however the buttery caramel, apple & warm spices all go together so perfectly. It’s the best Fall dessert I have made in years…and it’s definitely the easiest!
After many requests, I am now officially making this at Thanksgiving. That’s how good it is! So what are you waiting for, it only takes 10 minutes to put together!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 2 (20 oz) cans apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups caramel bits
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into the casserole dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with caramel bits and top with yellow cake mix. Smooth cake mix into an even layer.
- Cut butter into thin slices and evenly layer on top of the cake mix. You can add more cinnamon on top of the butter if you would like.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling.
- Scoop into serving bowls and top with ice cream and caramel sauce.