Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
YOU GUYS. This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is amazing. I know you are thinking, you always say that. And it’s true, I do…because it is always good. But I seriously could not keep myself out of this chex mix. It’s so easy to make, I even made y’all a quick video. You can make it in the oven (and your house will smell better than any candle could make it smell) or in the microwave!
After the first bite, I proceeded to eat a whole cookie sheet worth — literally shoveling it into my face. And then after we had embarrassingly eaten it all, I made it again. Jorge kept taking giant handfuls with him up to his office to work and eventually he took a container upstairs and claimed it as his.
I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like it at first. I love pumpkin spice flavored things and I love chex mix — but I am usually not a huge fan of of the candy corn. I like candy corn ok, but it is not my absolute favorite candy. However, once I had a bite with all the components in one, I was sold. Total perfection.
I ended up making this Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix because I had a severe overstock of cereal in my pantry. I somehow managed to buy five boxes in cereal in one week. Each time I would come home and remember that I had already bought cereal that week. Before kids I wouldn’t understand how someone did that. These days, I’m proud to say it has only happened once.
When you make it, because you totally have to make it, you have to make sure and try it all in one big bite. My neighbor Kerri doesn’t like candy corn at all, but I forced her to try it all at once and she agreed the combo is perfect. This is absolutely my new favorite sweet chex mix — you must make it now. Right now.
The first time I made this, I made it in the oven and the next time I made a batch in the microwave. The oven makes your house smell absolutely amazing — better than any candle! And the microwave only takes minutes to make. Both work perfectly, it’s up to you!
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) box cinnamon chex cereal
- 1 (12 oz) box honey nut chex cereal
- 4 cups pretzels
- 1 (21 oz) bag autumn/harvest candy mix (or plain candy corn)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- In an extra large bowl, toss together both chex cereal flavors and pretzels. Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to distribute.
- Microwave: Microwave uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool. Add harvest candy mix and toss to combine. Store in airtight container.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 275°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide mixture on the two baking sheets and spread in even layers. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool. Add harvest candy mix and toss to combine. Store in airtight container.