Spicy Bacon Bloody Mary
Brunch has always been one of my favorite meals. But now that we are parents to two toddlers who have an early bedtime, it is the BEST meal.
It’s one of the few meals we can safely go out, or host, without the worry of a total dual meltdown.
As much as we love going out to brunch, it does get expensive — especially when you have a large crowd of friends and kiddos.
So occasionally (when I feel my house is clean enough), we like to have everyone over to the house for brunch. It’s nice to let the kids play while the adults eat…and drink some Spicy Bacon Bloody Marys. 😉
One of my favorite easy additions to a perfect brunch spread is BON APPÉTIT’s Trio Bacon Pizza. Between all the bacon from the pizza (and the bloody marys), all the men are incredibly satisfied.
I love BON APPÉTIT’s new pizzas because the have a great thin crust and so much flavor. The Trio Bacon flavor is extra delicious with the addition of caramelized sweet onions!
You can always grab a bloody mary mix in a pinch, however I find homemade to have so much more intense flavor. This recipe I created has both horseradish and sriracha to add a lot of spicy flavor.
Then the glass is rimmed with some creole seasoning (we love Slap Ya Mama!) and topped with bacon, olives and celery. It pairs perfectly with BON APPÉTIT’s Trio Bacon Pizza for a delicious filling brunch!
Spicy Bacon Bloody Mary
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz vodka
- slap ya mama seasoning mix or creole seasoning mix, for garnish
- green olives, for garnish
- cooked bacon, for garnish
- celery stalk, for garnish
- In a blender, blend tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, sriracha, garlic, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- To serve: Place creole seasoning on a small plate. Dip the rim of glass in a shallow amount of water (or run a lemon slice around the rim) and dip into the seasoning.
- Fill glass with ice and add 2 oz of vodka and then fill with the bloody mary tomato mix. Garnish with olives, bacon and celery!
This post is sponsored by BON APPÉTIT, however all opinions are – as always – all my own! Thank you for supporting me as well as the brands that I love!