Cinnamon Roll Waffles
CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES. This is NOT a drill.
Best part? All you need is a store bought can of cinnamon rolls and a waffle iron.
If you want to get fancy, you can make a 2 minute Maple Cream Cheese Syrup to drizzle them with. I promise it’s so easy, just dump everything into a bowl and beat it till smooth. Done!
To be totally honest, I almost always have a can of biscuits or a can of cinnamon rolls hanging out in the bottom drawer of my fridge.
They always come in handy for a quick weekend breakfast, but I had never made my cinnamon rolls this way before. I was nervous that this might be one of those pinterest flops we have all heard of.
As soon as I opened the waffle iron and saw that perfectly golden waffle with a cinnamon swirl running through it, I knew it was a winner.
I whipped up a quick sweet creamy “syrup” to go on top with cream cheese and maple syrup and it really set these waffles off.
I honestly don’t think I could eat them without it now! And considering Jorge inhaled 3 waffles, I don’t think he could either.
I wish I could claim responsibility for the idea of stuffing a cinnamon roll into a waffle iron, but I actually saw it on pinterest.
I tried looking around for the original creator, but kept winding back up at Pillsbury. If someone knows who actually came up with this brilliant idea, please let me know. Would love to give them credit!
These Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Syrup are everything you want in a weekend breakfast. They may even beat out my favorite Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, because they are even easier to make!
They are incredibly easy to make and are on the table in a matter of minutes. I made a new video to show you all how simple they really are to make!
I promise you are going to love these Cinnamon Roll Waffles!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Syrup
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- 1 (7.3 oz) can pillsbury grand original cinnamon rolls
- Using a hand mixer, or stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, maple syrup, milk and maple extract (optional) until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat waffle iron. Place one cinnamon roll in the center of waffle maker. Close waffle iron.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until waffle is cooked through and golden brown.
- Continue until all waffles are cooked. Serve warm and drizzle with maple cream cheese syrup!