Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: a quick, easy & creamy pasta salad with cheddar cheese, bacon, peas & ranch seasoning all tossed together for a great potluck dish!
This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is going to be your new favorite side dish to take to a party, a potluck, a bbq…or to eat all all alone. It’s seriously that good.
I have made a good handful of pasta salad recipes over the years and this one might win the title for my favorite pasta salad. The only one that makes me question the title is Kerri’s Tuna Pasta Salad.
They have some similarities, and a few differences, but both are extra delicious. This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad might have a little edge on the tuna salad because it is loaded with bacon and ranch seasoning. You know, only two of the best flavors…ever.
Ellie and Lyla have grown ever more picky lately and I can only assume it’s because they are coming closer and closer to the dreaded three’s. When they were about a year old and younger, they ate almost everything and anything.
As they have grown older, the girls have eaten less and less variety of things…especially vegetables. Considering what I do for work, this kills me! I want to share my love of all kinds of foods with them and I really hope they grow out of this picky phase sooner rather than later.
That said, I was incredibly excited to watch them gobble down this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad. Lyla loves bacon and Ellie loves cheese, so I assume it’s because of those ingredients they were so enamored with this pasta salad.
As a mom though, I was thrilled to watch them eat this by the handful, because it has lots of peas and dairy in it. I’m considering it a win for the week since lately all they want to eat is cereal and chips.
I hope you enjoy this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad as much as we have. It is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck or bbq, is super easy to make and has a ton of flavor.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 oz) box elbow noodles
- 1 (1 oz) package hidden valley ranch dip seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 (16 oz) block cheddar cheese (sharp or mild), cubed
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen peas, thawed
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, stir so they don't stick. Let cool while you prep the rest.
- Mix the ranch seasoning, sour cream and mayo together.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Mix together with ranch mixture.
- Toss in cheese, peas and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Know that the pasta might suck up some of the sauce over time, so you can add a little more sour cream and mayo if needed.